ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 140 of 153
« First < 4090130136137138139140 141142143144150 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
Buehler445 09:39 PM 03-22-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Did they manage to woke themselves into a pit as well?

I hadn't heard that.

I mean just a quick google search suggests they're still north of 160 million subscribers and that's a fairly small drop from their peak of about 164 million.

And 160 million subscribers is almost certainly more than they had in spring of 2021 and 2022 when Mando seasons 1 and 2 were killing these numbers.

I don't think this is a subscriber loss thing - that math just doesn't check out.
It's not that. It's that it can't subsidize it anymore.

[soapbox]
Like all things Venture Capital, the streaming wars are ending in catastrophe. VC backed Netflix, and since VC does VC things, Netflix cared exclusively about growth, and not at all about profitability, even after they reached a critical mass of subscribers. It was always intergalactically stupid to not think they'd ever hit saturation of subscribers.

And since Netflix was doing it, EVERYBODY focused on dumping money in and figuring out profit later. HBOMax, Hulu, Amazon, Apple, and Disney all fucking did it, because stupid.

Now, Netflix stock price is in the toilet, but they seem to be turning shit around. HBO had to merge with Discovery, and that thing is a total tire fire. I think their plan is to pull off a bunch of preimium content and use it to drive traffic to their ad supported...thing...I guess... For reasons? Hulu is just waiting to get bought. Amazon talked about dumping video ALL TOGETHER if the LOTR thing didn't work out. Nobody knows WTF Apple is doing.

Disney writ large is a hot mess. Star Wars and Marvel are still insanely profitable, but the rest of the company is a mess. Bob Iger hand picked his successor, and 18 months later, fired that cunt and stepped back in the driver seat, except with no real vision or apparently plan... for anything. Stock price is in the shitter. Politics douches will point to wokeness, but my wife (who pays attention to what the kids watch more than I do) says Disney is probably better than the rest in terms of working woke shit in there. Fact is there has been some horrendous management throughout Disney, and all divisions have to pay. Including the ones that make money, unfortunately for us.

All because VC's have to do VC things. And to be fair it isn't ENTIRELY their fault, a fair bit of blame falls with everybody else for being too stupid to not see the stupid through the...stupid.

Fuck.

[/soapbox]

tl;dl We are entering the 1949 Europe portion of the Streaming Wars. And Disney is fucking up so bad, they're fucking with Disney +.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:41 AM 03-23-2023
Just seemed like a filler episode. Still good but really didn't add but maybe one or two small things to the story.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:45 AM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Just seemed like a filler episode. Still good but really didn't add but maybe one or two small things to the story.
An issue I have with his show, is almost every episode feels like filler. Each episode is basically "The Adventures of Mando and Grogu". I have no idea what the hell it's all building to, and it feels like the creators don't either. It's fine, passable entertainment that I can watch with my kids, but nothing more.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:04 AM 03-23-2023
It's funny how it's Star Trek Picard that I really look forward to now, and not this. It's still a decent show, but the substance has been lacking this season.
[Reply]
Graystoke 09:44 AM 03-23-2023
I am enjoying this.
Bo-Katan is drinking the kool-aid full stop now. This is the way.
And who the hell has the darksaber right now?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:44 AM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by Frazod:
It's funny how it's Star Trek Picard that I really look forward to now, and not this. It's still a decent show, but the substance has been lacking this season.
the bad batch has a better plot this season

it's empty calories, but man is it delicious :-)
[Reply]
BigBeauford 09:53 AM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
I am enjoying this.
Bo-Katan is drinking the kool-aid full stop now. This is the way.
And who the hell has the darksaber right now?
God, Katee Sackoff still looks incredible almost 20 years post BSG.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:55 AM 03-23-2023
oh, one thing i kinda liked

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigBeauford 10:01 AM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
oh, one thing i kinda liked

Spoiler!
He absolutely killed it.
[Reply]
trndobrd 10:19 PM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
He absolutely killed it.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Chiefspants 01:13 AM 03-24-2023
Spoiler!

[Reply]
listopencil 03:41 AM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Spoiler!
Finally got to watch the episode.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Gravedigger 07:57 AM 03-24-2023
Meh, with only four episodes left they need to get to the point. I'm not sure who the villain of the season is yet, not sure what last episode was setting up with Dr. Pershing, not sure what this episode is setting up other than Vizla's kid is shit and the baby dragons survived, yay... I guess. Definitely taken steps back the last two weeks from the intrigue of seeing Mandalore and the dangers within to now slowing down to a crawl.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:43 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Meh, with only four episodes left they need to get to the point. I'm not sure who the villain of the season is yet, not sure what last episode was setting up with Dr. Pershing, not sure what this episode is setting up other than Vizla's kid is shit and the baby dragons survived, yay... I guess. Definitely taken steps back the last two weeks from the intrigue of seeing Mandalore and the dangers within to now slowing down to a crawl.
The Dr Pershing thing seemed like they tried to pull in some Andor flavor.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:00 PM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
The Dr Pershing thing seemed like they tried to pull in some Andor flavor.
They’re trying to underpin the palatine clone thing from the sequel trilogy. IMO.

Not sure how I feel about it. I’ve always been whatever, just tell a good story - and that’s probably where I will stay.

But goddamn I love mando and if they botch it, I’ll be unreasonably upset.
[Reply]
Page 140 of 153
« First < 4090130136137138139140 141142143144150 > Last »
Up