ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 59 of 70
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369 > Last »
Media Center>Star Trek Picard
Frazod 11:27 AM 06-20-2018
http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/star-...in-development

Star Trek: The Next Generation Reboot With Patrick Stewart Reportedly in Development

Rumors of the Picard-centric reboot come amid Alex Kurtzman extending his CBS contract for a planned expansion of the Star Trek TV universe.

According to a THR article, there are unconfirmed rumors that CBS TV Studios is developing a Star Trek reboot starring Patrick Stewart in which he would reprise his The Next Generation role as Captain Jean-Luc Picard. According to THR's sources, Alex Kurtzman and Akiva Goldsman are attached to the potential reboot. Not only is this an unconfirmed project, but THR's sources also say that the deal is far from complete and might not happen. Still, this would be huge news for Star Trek fandom—however you might feel about a Picard-centric reboot.

The rumors of the Picard reboot come amidst Kurtzman renewing his overall deal with CBS Television Studios, extending his contract by five years. This will keep him in partnership with the studio through 2023, for a reported $5 million per year.

Kurtzman was recently made sole showrunner of Star Trek: Discovery following the dismissal of previous co-showrunners Aaron Harberts and Gretchen Berg who left amidst reports of bullying behavior in the writers room. Goldsman, who served as an executive producer on Season 1 of Discovery, also left the show, reportedly due to a clash with the writing staff in terms of management style and personality, so it's interesting that he is still attached to the potential Picard-centric reboot.

In addition to his work on Star Trek: Discovery, Kurtzman's extended deal with CBS Television Studios will include an expansion of the Star Trek franchise on the small screen, including the development of new series, miniseries, and other content, including animation.

While this generally seems like good news for the Star Trek universe, it may also be disappointing, depending on what kind of Star Trek fan you are. While the move represents a reinvestment in the Star Trek TV universe, Kurtzman is not known for critical success. Previously, he has co-written the scripts for Transformers, Star Trek, Star Trek Into Darkness, and The Amazing Spider-Man 2. More recently, he directed and co-wrote The Mummy. Not exactly the kind of nuanced science fiction writing Star Trek has, at its best, historically represented.

More news on the expanded Star Trek TV universe as we hear it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:54 PM 03-25-2023
my god its full of stars

I was so lucky to work on some of the models seen in the “Vault” and to work with the amazing @MikeOkuda and @ajarvis_art. Thank you to @DaveBlass for reaching out to me and the Star Trek art community and for giving us the opportunity to contribute to Star Trek. #Picard pic.twitter.com/LeRgGzlEvz

— JoeRalat (@JoeRalat) March 25, 2023

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:51 PM 03-26-2023
jesus

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:53 PM 03-26-2023
nice

NICE

she's 100% turning into a good guy

�� NEW THIS WEEK#StarTrekPicard ep 307 'Dominion'

"Crippled, cornered, and out of options, Picard stages a gambit to trap Vadic and reveal her true motive."#StarTrek pic.twitter.com/b9zNazOtAv

— Trek Central (@TheTrekCentral) March 26, 2023

[Reply]
Bowser 07:28 PM 03-26-2023
A list of all the easter eggs from Daystrom Station and the Starfleet Museum

https://trekmovie.com/2023/03/26/day...wwJNwYJAt73Z40
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:32 PM 03-26-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
nice

NICE

she's 100% turning into a good guy

NO. She's a great bad guy. Don't eff it up and make her switch sides. Hate that shit.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:33 PM 03-26-2023
holy shit

how do they have kronos one, and more importantly WHY :-)

i also thought the self-sealing stembolts was a twitter joke...no...:-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:35 PM 03-27-2023

Like many others, I alsobelieve the Klingon K't'inga class battlecruiser, seen at the Fleet Museum in #StarTrekPicard's "The Bounty" (1st + 2nd image) must be the Kronos One from "Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country" (3rd + 4th image) due to its unique red hull accents.�� pic.twitter.com/gm1X6dZ6rq

— Jörg Hillebrand (@gaghyogi49) March 27, 2023

[Reply]
Frazod 12:43 PM 03-27-2023
One thing I didn't notice was the Enterprise D's saucer section.
[Reply]
Xlibutscrale 01:49 PM 03-27-2023
THIZ SHOW IZ NOT REALIZTIC
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 08:02 PM 03-28-2023
In S3E5 Worf tells Raffi... "I have to assume the denial came from someone above my handler".

Raffi>Worf>Ro>Bashir?

Bashir was heavily recruited into Section 31. Is an augment and would be highly suited to this line of work given his augmented abilities, is likely still the preeminent authority on all things medically related to changelings, and has benefited from the spy training he received from his mentor... Garak.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:35 PM 03-28-2023
I would almost rather see Garak return than Bashir. Maybe we'll get both?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:50 PM 03-28-2023
if we get garak i will scream

legit the best supporting character in star trek history, fight me
[Reply]
Frazod 01:34 AM 03-29-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
if we get garak i will scream

legit the best supporting character in star trek history, fight me
Hard to argue with that. Gowron is a close second, though. Batshit crazy and funny as hell.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:27 AM 03-29-2023
:-) is he teasing us

Cool. pic.twitter.com/yNXS1t6zcv

— Terry Matalas (@TerryMatalas) March 29, 2023

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:09 AM 03-29-2023
JACKING OFF ALL DAY

Welcome to the Starfleet Museum. Take a tour of some of the most legendary ships in the history of Starfleet. Tour the station and explore the LEGACY of those that came before. #StarTrekPicard *THREAD* pic.twitter.com/VGjN1vaptH

— Dave Blass (@DaveBlass) March 29, 2023

[Reply]
Page 59 of 70
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369 > Last »
Up