ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 16
« First < 3910111213 141516 >
Media Center>Youtube.TV
Fish 11:07 PM 11-09-2017
Anybody else using this?

I just switched over from SlingTV to YoutubeTV. Seems great so far. Offers NBC, which Sling annoyingly didn't and the main reason I switched. Also FS1. But not sure if that means Royals games. ESPN. All the normal stations plus cable stuff like Discovery, Syfy, History, NG, etc.

Interface is infinitely better. Ability to pause no matter what. I'm really liking this so far.
[Reply]
Rausch 01:00 PM 03-25-2023
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:

Love the fact that I can add a premium network....then a week or so later drop it off, and it's charged pro-rata. You can do that with all the add-ons.
I didn't know this. That's quite a game changer...
[Reply]
Rausch 01:01 PM 03-25-2023
Originally Posted by Fish:
LOL, no.
It's going to work on PS and XBox though and Roku already has a youtube app. I'm not sure why they wouldn't.
[Reply]
Fish 02:55 PM 03-25-2023
Originally Posted by Rausch:
It's going to work on PS and XBox though and Roku already has a youtube app. I'm not sure why they wouldn't.
No, that would not work. This upscaling ability is only available via the NVidia driver and cards. PS5 and XBox do not have the hardware to be capable.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:02 AM 04-11-2023
I started our YouTube TV trial last night and, as suspected, the lack of Bally Bally Sports might mean I end it before the 10 days are up. Minimally I'll give HULU + Live TV a try too, but we did our research, are already sickened by the $70 price tag (we'll be back in the same range we were before Google got out of the TV business), but I'm not sure the Royals are worth picking HULU over YouTube, at least not so far this year.

Decisions decisions...
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 10:12 AM 04-11-2023
Originally Posted by :
...YouTube has announced that current YouTube TV members can add Sunday Ticket at a presale, full-season price of $249 (through June 6), a $100 savings from the retail cost.

RedZone can be added for $40 for the full season, making the total price $289 for YouTube TV subscribers, or $389 for non-subscribers, who can purchase Sunday Ticket through YouTube Primetime channels.

Omitted from the press release is any reference to the ability to purchase out-of-market games for one team at a time, one week at a time, or one game at a time...

YouTube rolls out Sunday Ticket, for full-season price as low as $249
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:18 AM 04-11-2023
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
I started our YouTube TV trial last night and, as suspected, the lack of Bally Bally Sports might mean I end it before the 10 days are up. Minimally I'll give HULU + Live TV a try too, but we did our research, are already sickened by the $70 price tag (we'll be back in the same range we were before Google got out of the TV business), but I'm not sure the Royals are worth picking HULU over YouTube, at least not so far this year.

Decisions decisions...
Hulu has Bally?

Hmmmm.....gonna need to find someone with that. Because I'm pretty sure they wiped the Bally app (I can't get it to work anymore) and I can't use my work's satellite login to stream on my television because evidently the satellite account doesn't have a full streaming service.

I mean we should just switch it over to a streaming account but ain't anybody got time for that.

I'll need to find someone with Hulu and offer them a swap...

It has to be the Live TV version, right?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:29 AM 04-11-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Hulu has Bally?

Hmmmm.....gonna need to find someone with that. Because I'm pretty sure they wiped the Bally app (I can't get it to work anymore) and I can't use my work's satellite login to stream on my television because evidently the satellite account doesn't have a full streaming service.

I mean we should just switch it over to a streaming account but ain't anybody got time for that.

I'll need to find someone with Hulu and offer them a swap...

It has to be the Live TV version, right?
I thought they did (?), maybe they don't. Well if they don't, so be it. This isn't the year, at least not so far, to be worried about watching the Royals.

But the wife always liked having the game on, at least as background noise, while she was working.

And fuck Bally Sports. Whatever they're paying the Royals for broadcast rights is both too much (right now).

And yes, this "find a streaming service" game sucks. It's where we are but it sucks.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:36 AM 04-11-2023
Doesn't look like it.

Looks like Fubo and DirecTV are the places that have it.

MLB really screwed the pooch getting in bed with those guys and then watching Sinclair drive them into a goddamn mountain.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:46 AM 04-11-2023
With Youtube up to $73/mo starting this month, I think I'm gonna switch to Fubo at $85/mo to get Bally and MLB Network. At least through baseball season.

Anyone have any experience with them?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:23 AM 04-11-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
With Youtube up to $73/mo starting this month, I think I'm gonna switch to Fubo at $85/mo to get Bally and MLB Network. At least through baseball season.

Anyone have any experience with them?
Honestly, with one night of YouTube TV to judge from, it was nice to have pause, reverse, and fast forward again, we didn't play with the the DVR function, but like you say at $73 I'm not sure it's worth it. As for Bally Sports and the Royals, perhaps sports as a whole, I agree, fuck all these assholes.

But simple numbers are that we were paying ~$180/month for Google Fiber when they offered TV, now were at ~$70/month for Google Fiber as just an Internet provider. We have Amazon Prime, we have access to Netflix, I've piped a digital antenna signal into the house-wide coax wiring to all TVs, and the main TV has the Samsung Plus offering. In total all those things add up to a lesser experience than any streaming service, but they're pretty-much free. It was a journey adjusting to the larger environment and its limitations after Google fucked-over their customer base by deciding to quit TV, but it's not like any of these streaming services don't take some adaptation to get used to either.

We might just cancel YouTube TV on day-8 of the 10-day trial and just deal with with what we have now because $70 a month is bullshit for just having DVR and the ability to stop and catch up and a few channels that would be nice. By the time they milk you for all the a'la carte offerings you've saved your way into a bill that's twice as much as you had 5 years ago. Just because you like football, baseball, and hockey...

I know it's the future, but outfits like Bally Sports can go fuck themselves. Especially when your team is fucking terrible.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 12:25 PM 04-11-2023
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Honestly, with one night of YouTube TV to judge from, it was nice to have pause, reverse, and fast forward again, we didn't play with the the DVR function, but like you say at $73 I'm not sure it's worth it. As for Bally Sports and the Royals, perhaps sports as a whole, I agree, fuck all these assholes.

But simple numbers are that we were paying ~$180/month for Google Fiber when they offered TV, now were at ~$70/month for Google Fiber as just an Internet provider. We have Amazon Prime, we have access to Netflix, I've piped a digital antenna signal into the house-wide coax wiring to all TVs, and the main TV has the Samsung Plus offering. In total all those things add up to a lesser experience than any streaming service, but they're pretty-much free. It was a journey adjusting to the larger environment and its limitations after Google fucked-over their customer base by deciding to quit TV, but it's not like any of these streaming services don't take some adaptation to get used to either.

We might just cancel YouTube TV on day-8 of the 10-day trial and just deal with with what we have now because $70 a month is bullshit for just having DVR and the ability to stop and catch up and a few channels that would be nice. By the time they milk you for all the a'la carte offerings you've saved your way into a bill that's twice as much as you had 5 years ago. Just because you like football, baseball, and hockey...

I know it's the future, but outfits like Bally Sports can go fuck themselves. Especially when your team is fucking terrible.

It's only the future if suckers keep paying for it. It never took any sort of ability to mystically see the future to know that this crap was going to go from free, to inexpensive, to as expensive as what you were already paying for.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:28 PM 04-11-2023
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
It's only the future if suckers keep paying for it. It never took any sort of ability to mystically see the future to know that this crap was going to go from free, to inexpensive, to as expensive as what you were already paying for.
Yep. It's basically now just like cable. The networks/content producers went from gouging customers for channels they don't want to get the good parts of their package to making customers sign up for services that basically accomplish the same thing - forcing you to pay for a boatload of content you don't want to get the few good things out there worth watching.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 01:04 PM 04-11-2023
All of this is sooooo true. Yes we did watch the Chiefs, Royals, hockey and local news; I lived on the Science channel, NASA TV, History channel, and maybe a handful of others, if not those sports. That said, there was never a truer phrase coined than, "300 channels and nothing to watch"...

We shall see, but $70 had better offer more than what I've seen so far. Reruns of 70s shows ain't always awesome...
[Reply]
RedandGold 01:13 PM 04-11-2023
I can’t stand Bally or their app. It isn’t compatible with our version of Apple TV, so we get video with no audio if we run it straight from there. In order to get audio, we have to stream it through a phone and cast it to the Apple TV. It’s not difficult, but it’s annoying that they won’t fix the app to address a known issue.
[Reply]
sedated 01:16 PM 04-11-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yep. It's basically now just like cable. The networks/content producers went from gouging customers for channels they don't want to get the good parts of their package to making customers sign up for services that basically accomplish the same thing - forcing you to pay for a boatload of content you don't want to get the few good things out there worth watching.
I still wouldn't go back to cable. When I moved about a year ago they advertised a pretty good price so looked into it and forgot how many extra charges they add. Installation, fees per extra box, hell they added on something like $20 or $30 for local over-the-air channels.

And what's even on cable anymore? Comedy Central is 24/7 reruns of The Office, and most new content I see advertised is on Something+
[Reply]
Page 13 of 16
« First < 3910111213 141516 >
Up