ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 136 of 172
« First < 3686126132133134135136 137138139140146 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 12:17 PM 03-13-2023
Final Season of Barry. My body is ready.

[Reply]
cookster50 08:23 PM 03-13-2023
It's to the point now where there is no point in watching any series because they all get cancelled after one season now
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:34 PM 03-13-2023
Originally Posted by cookster50:
It's to the point now where there is no point in watching any series because they all get cancelled after one season now
I don't think I've watched a single show which has been canceled after the first season.

You need to be more disciminating.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:35 PM 03-13-2023
I'm binging The Mayor of Kingstown featuring Jeremy Renner. It's a good watch
[Reply]
cookster50 08:53 AM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I don't think I've watched a single show which has been canceled after the first season.

I thought Three Pines was interesting enough for more seasons, cancelled. People seemed to like 1899, I never watched it, but cancelled.
It's becoming a self fulfilling prophecy, no one wants to watch season one of a show because it probably would get cancelled, so wait until there are multiple seasons first, but then since no one watched season one the show doesn't get more seasons.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 12:53 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by luv:
I hadn't, but I hear it's excellent. I read where Valhalla is good as a stand-alone, but I definitely want to go back and watch Vikings.
Yeah, it’s really REALLY good. We’re watching The Last Kingdom now, also exceptionally good!
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 01:04 PM 03-14-2023
Freaks and Geeks is the only show I watched that lasted one season.
[Reply]
unlurking 01:12 PM 03-14-2023
I enjoyed Poker Face, looking forward to season 2. The Glory on Netflix was also good (long slow revenge story).
[Reply]
unlurking 01:13 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia:
Freaks and Geeks is the only show I watched that lasted one season.
Great show. This and Firefly are usually the most common examples, but yeah, not as often as it's made out to be.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:49 PM 03-14-2023

I think the problem that he is trying to articulate is that they're throwing so many new shows out there and many of them are crap.

So rather than watch season 1 and get hooked, it's best just to skip anything new until you know there will be more than 1 season.

As a general rule, I won't even start a series that has only 1 season because more than likely, it's going to get canceled. This really isn't a problem with series' I'm already watching.
[Reply]
Miles 05:29 PM 03-14-2023
Yep. Unless the show is an immediate huge hit it’s not really safe to watch anything until a renewal has been announced. Although these days some renewed shows have been canceled.

This would be less of a problem if it wasn’t so common to end a season on a cliffhanger.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:10 AM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by Miles:
Yep. Unless the show is an immediate huge hit it’s not really safe to watch anything until a renewal has been announced. Although these days some renewed shows have been canceled.

This would be less of a problem if it wasn’t so common to end a season on a cliffhanger.
Exactly. I've run into both situations in the past. It's bad when the season builds up to a big cliff hanger and then poof, canceled. But the worst is when they announce another season and then it never happens. The one show I can think of was at the end of season 4 with a cliffhanger, they announced season 5 and then canceled it right before release.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 04:40 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by kevrunner:
I just finished binging Mr. Inbetween on Hulu, not sure if this show was discussed in the thread, I did a search and didn’t find any previous recommendations. I didn’t think I was going to like this series but it has ended up as one of my all time favorites.

Thanks for the rec. Halfway through season 1 and really enjoying it. Definitely never would've come across it otherwise.
[Reply]
BigRichard 06:48 AM 03-16-2023
Thanks for the rec. Halfway through season 1 and really enjoying it. Definitely never would've come across it otherwise.
Just an FYI... the wife and I just wrapped up Season 3 and it is an excellent show but there isn't going to be a Season 4. The wife and I both thought it was a good way to end the show but also leaves you wanting another season or 2.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 01:13 PM 03-16-2023
The Last Kingdom is fucking FIRE!! Halfway through season 2, and it’s awesome!
[Reply]
Page 136 of 172
« First < 3686126132133134135136 137138139140146 > Last »
Up