ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 131 of 173
« First < 3181121127128129130131 132133134135141 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:03 PM 12-13-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I watched the first few seasons. It's pretty decent. The bondage/kink stuff was weird. But it was good enough to keep me engaged. I should probably go finish it up.
I've watched all 6 seasons. They all pretty much blend together as derivatives of each other until the last couple when there are some changes.

It's okay. I wouldn't say it's jumped the shark and I'll probably always watch it because it's my profession and there's an amusement factor. But the dialogue gets to be insanely pedantic and the storyline is just meh.

If you're looking for shows to watch, The Patient, White Lotus season 2, and any of the Fargo seasons are recent ones that have grabbed me.
[Reply]
HemiEd 08:41 PM 12-13-2022
Yeah, when I quit, it had just started it's own fund and was still pretty compelling.

Given how many seasons it went after that it's hard for me to believe it didn't get pretty derivative given how far they went with each character in the first few seasons, but it's earned the right for me to get back to it.
Season 4 is starting out to be the best so far IMO.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:01 PM 12-14-2022
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
I’m really enjoying 1899.
Fuck, i started watching it last night. Ended up binging the first 5 or 6 episodes.

Can't wait to finish it tonight.

What a mind fuck this show is, eh? Much better than i thought i thought it was going to be interesting.
[Reply]
KCUnited 03:15 PM 12-14-2022
Originally Posted by unlurking:
The English. Totally not what I was expecting from a Western.

This has been really good.
[Reply]
Kiimo 06:30 PM 12-14-2022
I'm on episode five or six of 1899 and it was infuriating at first how many times somebody asked a question and then the other person walked away or they cut to another scene but that's a minor gripe. Way better than that German show Dark
[Reply]
blake5676 09:10 AM 12-15-2022
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
This has been really good.
I've watched three episodes so far but can't really get into it. I think there's only six total so I'll finish it but hasn't been my cup of tea yet.
[Reply]
BigRichard 09:32 AM 12-15-2022
Just finished season 2 of For All Man Kind... I am hooked on it now but all the women power shit has me about vomiting

The lady playing Tracy has the nicest cans... oh boy.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 02:50 PM 12-15-2022
Vikings is so fucking good. Season 4 is some of the best television I’ve watched. Just very well written and acted.
[Reply]
KCUnited 03:46 PM 12-15-2022
Originally Posted by blake5676:
I've watched three episodes so far but can't really get into it. I think there's only six total so I'll finish it but hasn't been my cup of tea yet.
I finished it last night and can say I wasn't expecting it to go the way it did. Not that it gets any more exciting per se, its more of a story development.

Its a western that's not really a western yet captures the brutality of the wild west in a way I appreciated. Probably just the right amount of episodes before I would've started checking out though.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:50 AM 12-17-2022
Finished "The Watcher." An interesting story line and suspense didn't lead to much else past episode 3. I give it a "Meh" rating.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:57 AM 12-19-2022
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Finished "The Watcher." An interesting story line and suspense didn't lead to much else past episode 3. I give it a "Meh" rating.
Agreed. The show peeked early on and then kinda died a slow death. By the end i just felt like i wasted my time
[Reply]
phisherman 12:16 PM 12-19-2022
I've been binge watching "What We Do in the Shadows" for the past week or so on Hulu. Hilarious show.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:13 AM 12-22-2022
Yeah, so I should have waited until this was finished before I started it. I'm not sure I can wait a month to finish it out. I also didn't know it was based on a novel.

I don't know how I'm going to feel about the conclusion of the show, but the interim is damned enthralling.

It is an interesting choice that the Libby character is the narrator for the story. The writing is pretty tight, and there is some facepalmy stuff when Eisenberg gets preachy. I don't know if that was the intention or not. Bot some of it is pretty tight like the comment about "I make 300K that would be a great living anywhere except the 40 blocks you insist we live." Most of the dialogue is really tight.

The 90's stuff is cheeky enough to be funny and keep it light. Eisenberg does a really REALLY good job on the performance. Same with Lizzy Caplan and Claire Danes, plus a TED sighting. It wound me up enough I restarted Homeland to get some more Claire Danes Action. She was really good. Damned compelling even.

Anyway, it's a nice look at the nuance of humanity.
This show is amazing.

And this latest episode released today - Me Time - is on par with any TV episode I’ve seen in a long, long time.

Claire Danes is fucking brilliant. What a great show.
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:52 PM 12-22-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
This show is amazing.

And this latest episode released today - Me Time - is on par with any TV episode I’ve seen in a long, long time.

Queing it up now. I never knew when it posted. Thanks.

I'm a pretty good sized Claire Daines homer, so you're preaching to the chorr a bit there bud. :-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:31 PM 12-22-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
This show is amazing.

Yeah, the shit is heavy. I'm not sure I expected that. At least THAT heavy.

Spoiler!

Really an interesting watch for me.
[Reply]
Page 131 of 173
« First < 3181121127128129130131 132133134135141 > Last »
Up