ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Media Center>Installation Key from a OEM Product Key
Otter 08:25 PM 03-21-2023
I'm doing some work for a mate where his hard drive crashed like it just had a chest grabber and all he has is his product which doesn't work as an installation key.

When I click on "I don't have a product key" the Win10 installation process won't let me go any further as it simply states I need one. But all I have is the product OEM key which is 20 characters while a product installation key is 25 so install won't take that either.

Does anyone know a way to attain the installation key from the product OEM key or a workaround or do I have to suck it up and wait until morning and call MS?

TIA
[Reply]
Fish 09:26 PM 03-21-2023
There should be an option to "Do this later" at the part where it asks for the key. What version of Windows are you using to install?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:43 PM 03-21-2023
1. Pirate Enterprise Edition
2. Profit
[Reply]
Otter 01:32 AM 03-22-2023
Originally Posted by Fish:
There should be an option to "Do this later" at the part where it asks for the key. What version of Windows are you using to install?
I couldn't get that to work. I'd choose "I don't have a product key" it would install the files then bounce me back to the beginning. After rebooting a couple times and remaking the USB install tool it worked.

That was a weird first.
[Reply]
Up