ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Media Center>SHAZAM! Fury of the Gods (2022)
Tribal Warfare 02:47 PM 07-23-2022

[Reply]
Bowser 03:10 PM 07-23-2022
Looks.....decent.

I'll kind of chuckle if it's Shazam that ends up saving the DCU.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:20 PM 07-23-2022
Anywhere to stream it?
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 03:59 PM 07-23-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Anywhere to stream it?
Exclusively in theatres, as it should be.
[Reply]
Stryker 05:57 PM 07-23-2022
Loved the "You know I'm a pedestrian right?" and then there's Annabelle at the table! :-)
[Reply]
BWillie 06:29 PM 07-24-2022
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy:
Exclusively in theatres, as it should be.
Oh, for a movies sake I agree. Dune cost themselves a couple hundred million dollars by not only being in theaters.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 06:47 PM 07-26-2022
Looks fun like the first one. The DC universe isn't the same without Superman though.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 07:07 PM 03-25-2023
Originally Posted by :
While DC is in a strange state as of late, there seemed to be some idea that Shazam and its star Zachary Levi might be one character/actor pair to survive the transition from the DCEU, as the actor hinted as much ahead of the release of the sequel, Fury of the Gods.

But now that both reviews and box office returns are in, that’s looking less and less likely to be the case, and Shazam may go the way of his rival, Black Adam.

Review scores, first off, are poor. The original Shazam was the third highest reviewed film in the DCEU with a 90%. The sequel, same star, same director, is a 53%, only above the original Suicide Squad, Batman V Superman, Justice League and Black Adam itself, which had a 39%. Audience scores are better at a very solid 87% and B+ Cinemascore, but what matters most, the box office, is where the film appears to be performing the worst...

‘Shazam: Fury Of The Gods,’ Bad Reviews, Worse Box Office

Originally Posted by :
...Fury of the Gods did not fair as well with a 51% score on Rotten Tomatoes and a below expected opening weekend total of $30 million that could leave the $125 million film significantly in the red...
Shazam! Fury of the Gods fallout: What's gone wrong with DC's box-office bomb?
[Reply]
Up