ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 57 of 333
« First < 7475354555657 5859606167107157 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 12:02 AM 01-01-2023

2023 – A new beginning for the Royals. Matt Quatraro era begins. A year to see which of our young players will make up the core going forward. Can Bobby Witt Jr become a superstar SS or will go to the hot corner? Will Brady Singer take the next step forward? Will Salvy be Salvy? Will Big Vin or Pratto take first base? Will they find a position for MJ? Who else emerges from the youth movement? Not to mention the development of the new downtown stadium.

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Jordan Lyles, RHP
Ryan Yarbrough, LHP
Josh Taylor, LHP
Aroldis Chapman, LHP

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Gavin Cross, OF
2. Cayden Wallace, 3B
3. Drew Waters, OF
4. Ben Kudrna, RHP
5. Frank Mozzicato, LHP
6. Maikel Garcia, SS
7. Tyler Gentry, OF
8. Nick Loftin, OF/3B
9. Angel Zerpa, LHP
10. Carter Jensen, C
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 07:24 PM 04-11-2023
Originally Posted by Bronco_buster2:
His career OBP is 275? Minor league OBP was pretty good, but just not yet at MLB. His BB/SO ratios are not much to be excited about. Witt should not be lead off so I agree with you there. My vote is MJ but he’s struggling right now.
Yeah...I have no stat argument. He just has that good energy. Sometimes guys defy the analytics (Escobar). Isbel just seems to be a spark plug.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:03 PM 04-11-2023
Shoutout to Mike Matheny for all the pointless mileage he put on the arms of Staumont, Brentz and Barlow.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:07 PM 04-11-2023
Vinnie Pasquantino is showing that he is gonna be the best hitter on this team since Brett. Up to .900 OPS after tonight.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:09 PM 04-11-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Vinnie Pasquantino is showing that he is gonna be the best hitter on this team since Brett. Up to .900 OPS after tonight.
Vinnie has a great swing and is very patient. I love what I'm seeing by him at the plate.
[Reply]
Bronco_buster2 09:10 PM 04-11-2023
I’m gonna stand by what I said earlier. Leave MJ, Witt, Vinnie and Salvy alone in the lineup. Maybe leave Olivares at 5, and play your analytics games with the back half.

Vinnie is fun.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 11:35 PM 04-11-2023

Royals' .182 team batting average is the worst in MLB, .24 points behind the next closest team �� pic.twitter.com/BWBrUnClP0

— Talkin’ Baseball (@TalkinBaseball_) April 12, 2023

[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:07 AM 04-12-2023
Top half of the lineup is acceptable, but the bottom half might not even be major league caliber.

Would it kill the owners to at least try to put a semi-competitive product on the field? Do they really expect fans to be patient with the 7,000th youth movement (comprised of mostly mediocre prospects), just to see the top players go elsewhere as soon as they make it?
[Reply]
tyreekthefreak 01:01 AM 04-12-2023
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Top half of the lineup is acceptable, but the bottom half might not even be major league caliber.

Would it kill the owners to at least try to put a semi-competitive product on the field? Do they really expect fans to be patient with the 7,000th youth movement (comprised of mostly mediocre prospects), just to see the top players go elsewhere as soon as they make it?
Dozier, Reyes, and Bradley Jr are not "youth!" They are not even very good! This new coaching staff has me plenty worried...
[Reply]
BWillie 02:37 AM 04-12-2023
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch:
How 'bout the Royals making headline news over on Fangraphs? They are the first and only team using a 2-man outfield with a 5-man infield. They are bringing their RF in real shallow, where the 2B would play in the shift era, then shifting the other two outfielders over to compensate. They've used it 19 times already, notably rolling it out against Joey Gallo. He hit a hard grounder right to the shifted-in MJ Melendez, but Melendez booted it LOL.

Here are the two tweets from Tom Tango, a well-known sabermetrician that apparently now has the title of MLB data architect.

The fangraphs article attempts to determine how optimal this is, but they wouldn't have the proprietary data that the Royals would, so it can only be a guess. No other team has used it at all and they would have the same data as the Royals though. Time will tell if the Royals have just started a whole new thing.

In any event, MJ Melendez best get to work on his groundball fielding! Perhaps soon, fielding hot grounders will be a main requirement of a RF.

Full article: https://blogs.fangraphs.com/the-royals-try-a-new-shift/
As cavernous as Kaufman is, this seems like one of the worst ball parks to do it in.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:37 AM 04-12-2023
I tried to tell y'all
[Reply]
dlphg9 06:50 AM 04-12-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I tried to tell y'all
I've been on the Pasquantino hype train as long as you, pal. You didn't have to tell me shit!
[Reply]
dlphg9 06:52 AM 04-12-2023
Originally Posted by tyreekthefreak:
Dozier, Reyes, and Bradley Jr are not "youth!" They are not even very good! This new coaching staff has me plenty worried...
Oh no, the idiot is worried.
[Reply]
myselff77 07:03 AM 04-12-2023
Originally Posted by tyreekthefreak:
Can't really blame the new coaching staff for these guys on the team. Doesn't mean we can't point the finger at Picollo though.
[Reply]
cmh6476 07:23 AM 04-12-2023
So after 12 games, what we know is this?:

1. Salvy is the GOAT and producing at a higher level than any of us though he would this late in his career
2. Melendez is good, not Salvy good, and struggling a bit right now but we believe he'll be fine
3. Pasquatino is going to be a stud
4. We aren't sure if Pratto died or if we'll ever see him again. In the meantime Reyes can bomb but strikes out a lot
5. Massey isn't ready for this yet but can still be serviceable down the road. And we know what we have in Nicky Lopez and let a computer figure out when and where to play them and everybody else
6. Dozier blows, but we've always known this
7. BWJ is a multi-generational talent
8. We can play Matt Duffy anywhere but he also can't really hit so computer
9. Still hope for Isbel, Olivares if the rest of your team is really good (which ours isn't), Nate Eaton not so much, Reyes gets the computer to tell us when he might have a good game, but still don't worry because Drew Waters.
10. Greinke is as good as he's ever been, and we're glad he's closing out his career here
11. Lyles is as good as advertised but when we are ready to compete we'll need better
12. Maybe this coaching staff can actually fix/ better support Singer, Bubic, Keller and Hernandez to succeed. And now hope again for Lacy and others in the minors.
13. We fixed Chapman
14. Old regime killed Barlow, Staumont and probably a couple others

Did I miss anything?
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:25 AM 04-12-2023
Originally Posted by cmh6476:
So after 12 games, what we know is this?:

1. Salvy is the GOAT and producing at a higher level than any of us though he would this late in his career
2. Melendez is good, not Salvy good, and struggling a bit right now but we believe he'll be fine
3. Pasquatino is going to be a stud
4. We aren't sure if Pratto died or if we'll ever see him again. In the meantime Reyes can bomb but strikes out a lot
5. Massey isn't ready for this yet but can still be serviceable down the road. And we know what we have in Nicky Lopez and let a computer figure out when and where to play them and everybody else
6. Dozier blows, but we've always known this
7. BWJ is a multi-generational talent
8. We can play Matt Duffy anywhere but he also can't really hit so computer
9. Still hope for Isbel, Olivares if the rest of your team is really good (which ours isn't), Nate Eaton not so much, Reyes gets the computer to tell us when he might have a good game, but still don't worry because Drew Waters.
10. Greinke is as good as he's ever been, and we're glad he's closing out his career here
11. Lyles is as good as advertised but when we are ready to compete we'll need better
12. Maybe this coaching staff can actually fix/ better support Singer, Bubic, Keller and Hernandez to succeed. And now hope again for Lacy and others in the minors.
13. We fixed Chapman
14. Old regime killed Barlow, Staumont and probably a couple others

Did I miss anything?

You’re awfully generous
[Reply]
Page 57 of 333
« First < 7475354555657 5859606167107157 > Last »
Up