ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 333
« First < 7891011 121314152161111 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 12:02 AM 01-01-2023

2023 – A new beginning for the Royals. Matt Quatraro era begins. A year to see which of our young players will make up the core going forward. Can Bobby Witt Jr become a superstar SS or will go to the hot corner? Will Brady Singer take the next step forward? Will Salvy be Salvy? Will Big Vin or Pratto take first base? Will they find a position for MJ? Who else emerges from the youth movement? Not to mention the development of the new downtown stadium.

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Jordan Lyles, RHP
Ryan Yarbrough, LHP
Josh Taylor, LHP
Aroldis Chapman, LHP

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Gavin Cross, OF
2. Cayden Wallace, 3B
3. Drew Waters, OF
4. Ben Kudrna, RHP
5. Frank Mozzicato, LHP
6. Maikel Garcia, SS
7. Tyler Gentry, OF
8. Nick Loftin, OF/3B
9. Angel Zerpa, LHP
10. Carter Jensen, C
[Reply]
Nightfyre 11:05 PM 01-19-2023
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
Even if I’m wearing blue-tinted shades, I don’t see a great young exciting core. There’s Witt, Melendez and singer. Beyond that, there’s a ton of question marks (frankly there’s questions about those 3 as well). We’ve been horrible at drafting and developing and there doesn’t appear to be much premium talent on the way.
What did Vinny do to you?
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:16 PM 01-19-2023
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
Even if I’m wearing blue-tinted shades, I don’t see a great young exciting core. There’s Witt, Melendez and singer. Beyond that, there’s a ton of question marks (frankly there’s questions about those 3 as well). We’ve been horrible at drafting and developing and there doesn’t appear to be much premium talent on the way.
Remember this

Vinnie Pasquantino will be a top 10 hitter in baseball
BWJ will be top 10 MVP candidate
Singer is going to be mentioned in the AL CY Young race and may just win it.

2023 Royals are going to surprise a bunch of people and will be right at .500.
[Reply]
Wilson8 02:42 AM 01-20-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Are the Royals battling Brady Singer in arbitration right now over 300K?
Pretty much.

Originally Posted by :
Per MLB.com’s Mark Feinsand, Singer filed at $3.325 million, while the Royals filed at $2.95 million.
That just seems silly to risk the ill will for that little money.

Maybe they are working on some type of deal that is not ready yet?
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 07:23 PM 01-20-2023

"He's unbelievable," Team USA captain Mike Trout said about his WBC teammate Bobby Witt Jr. "He's a stud. He's going to be really good in this league for a long time." #Royals

"I think it's great for the game to have the young stars come in, to be with the veteran guys."

— Josh Vernier (@JoshVernier610) January 20, 2023

[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 08:12 PM 01-20-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Remember this

Vinnie Pasquantino will be a top 10 hitter in baseball
BWJ will be top 10 MVP candidate
Singer is going to be mentioned in the AL CY Young race and may just win it.

2023 Royals are going to surprise a bunch of people and will be right at .500.
You got your first premise mixed with your second conclusion, or your first conclusion mixed with your second premise. Vinnie is the real top player in the whole system, and he's the one that could get MVP talk. Witt Jr. is a nice player but Vinnie is the one real transcendental player on the squad. You can tell. You spend enough of your life around baseball diamonds like me, you can tell. You know what its like to have the runs in the pressbox with the nearest bathroom too far away to see this AB...you know.
[Reply]
nychief 09:04 PM 01-20-2023
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
Pretty much.

That just seems silly to risk the ill will for that little money.

Maybe they are working on some type of deal that is not ready yet?

Gotta save every penny to sign 62-year-old Aroldis Chapman and human leaf bag Jordan Lyles.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:58 PM 01-20-2023
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch:
You got your first premise mixed with your second conclusion, or your first conclusion mixed with your second premise. Vinnie is the real top player in the whole system, and he's the one that could get MVP talk. Witt Jr. is a nice player but Vinnie is the one real transcendental player on the squad. You can tell. You spend enough of your life around baseball diamonds like me, you can tell. You know what its like to have the runs in the pressbox with the nearest bathroom too far away to see this AB...you know.
He's not going to ever win an MVP as a DH. Has that ever even happened? He's going to be the better hitter, but Witt Jr. maybe just a smidge worse with the bat, but he's gonna have GG SS defense. That will get you an MVP, but being a MVP designated hitter basically has 0 chance of happening.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 06:09 PM 01-23-2023

The Minnesota Twins are acquiring centerfielder Michael A. Taylor in a trade with the Kansas City Royals, sources tell me and @kileymcd.

— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) January 23, 2023

[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 06:19 PM 01-23-2023

The Twins are acquiring OF Michael A. Taylor from the Royals for LHP Evan Sisk and RHP Steven Cruz, per source.

— Mark Feinsand (@Feinsand) January 23, 2023

[Reply]
Prison Bitch 06:26 PM 01-23-2023
So Cruz is 32nd best prospect in Min and Sisk didn’t make the top 40. Sounds like we got some good ones. Actually no, it sounds like we dumped his 4.5M salary, that’s what.

The Shermanator pinching even more pennies
[Reply]
Coach 06:50 PM 01-23-2023
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
So Cruz is 32nd best prospect in Min and Sisk didn’t make the top 40. Sounds like we got some good ones. Actually no, it sounds like we dumped his 4.5M salary, that’s what.

The Shermanator pinching even more pennies
Not necessarily since now this creates an opening in the CF position for the young players, which is needed.

Now they need to do Dozier next. I don't hate the guy and I'm sure he's a good guy, but he just needs to be off of the team. One of Dayton's worst signing, ever.
[Reply]
Wilson8 08:32 PM 01-23-2023
Originally Posted by Coach:
Not necessarily since now this creates an opening in the CF position for the young players, which is needed.
What Royals player can cover centerfield for a majority of the season?

Would they try Adalberto Mondesi and how long before injury?

Fit these guys in which field?

Drew Waters - Can he hit and can he play CF?
M.J. Melendez
Kyle Isbel
Hunter Dozier - It would be nice to trade but 2023 $7.25M, 2024 $9M, 2025 Club option of $10M
Edward Olivares
Nate Eaton
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:34 PM 01-23-2023
Center field will be Drew Waters' for a while.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:48 PM 01-23-2023

This is a tweet of appreciation for Michael A. Taylor, who delivered 5.7 bWAR and was the best defensive CF in the league during his two years in KC, for a total of $6.25 million, and then brought back two live arms. Quietly one of the best moves the Royals have made since 2015.

— Rany Jazayerli (@jazayerli) January 24, 2023

[Reply]
tk13 09:50 PM 01-23-2023
Taylor made some highlight plays but watching him play defense in person was great. The guy could cover so much ground in CF that I don't think TV ever did him justice. If he could only be an average hitter he would be a real weapon of a player. Especially in a place like KC. The Twins are collecting quite the OF defense now.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 333
« First < 7891011 121314152161111 > Last »
Up