ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 307 of 3903
« First < 207257297303304305306307 3083093103113173574078071307 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Halfcan 09:35 AM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Jerm:
When we see thousands of people gathering at Disney, bars, etc. sometimes the decision has to be made for these idiots....sucks but the way it is.
I understand this. I was talking about a small nature park that hardly has any visitors as it is. They get maybe a dozen people in a day.

National Parks will be next. I guess we all need to stay locked inside with our stockpiles of toilet paper.
[Reply]
Donger 09:36 AM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
If you're wondering if food is going to run out, not even close to that time. The warehouses are stocked for months, it's just a matter of trucks getting to the stores to replenish all the panic buying. I read an article about it last night.
No, I wasn't wondering that. But those trucks are driven by people.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:37 AM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Yes, this was the concern I saw being voiced in comments.

Certainly a dicey situation if the truck drivers get sick.
[Reply]
Jerm 09:37 AM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
I understand this. I was talking about a small nature park that hardly has any visitors as it is. They get maybe a dozen people in a day.

National Parks will be next. I guess we all need to stay locked inside with our stockpiles of toilet paper.
Yeah that's totally fair on the parks point...
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:38 AM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Yeah things are spiraling out of control quickly. I wonder how many people are going to lose their jobs over this? I got a call this morning and was told that my job had been eliminated due to their perceived notion that there would be lack of business, due to the Corona scare. They basically cut me loose and my entire sales team. At least I have a cash reserve to hold me over, but a lot of my sales team doesn't.
damn man. Sorry to hear. :-)
[Reply]
Rausch 09:38 AM 03-16-2020
Does anyone here know anything or preferably work in the retail supply chain, specifically grocery stores?
My wife works at a Dollar General supply center. They pack and ship everything that goes to the stores.

She got a text yesterday stating they were working 11 hours a day, 7 days a week until further notice (and likely at least the next month.)

I know they will be shipping out what they have as fast as possible...
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:38 AM 03-16-2020
Yeah and most of those truck drivers have limited contact with other people.
[Reply]
Jerm 09:38 AM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Yup.

For the record I agree it needs to. We either stop the spread or people will lose more than businesses and bank accounts.

If people panic, riot, or loot you lose those things and more.

I live in a dogshit neighborhood that averaged a fatal shooting a month for the last two years. Last may the tornado hit and around 60-70% of the houses where I live were ruined. The people left were not great people.

I was worried the worst was inevitable. The next day we couldn't leave and the streets were blocked off. People walked around, shook hands, and I met neighbors that lived 5 houses down I hadn't met in 7 years. People shared water, smokes, snacks.

These weren't good people. Drug addicts, drunks, lifetime welfare parents that screamed at and then violently beat their kids. Life was forced to slow down though and given the option to hard reset I was shocked how everyone did. When given a chance to un-fuck themselves they did and were human again. People were polite and charitable. I was amazed and I'll never forget it.

Now, a serious virus is much different than a tornado but we are all capable of being much more than we are right now. Everyone is worried but these types of events can also bring out the best in people...
I 100% agree....hate saying that but this weekend was proof enough that enough morons in this country won't take this seriously until they're forced to.
[Reply]
Donger 09:40 AM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Rausch:
My wife works at a Dollar General supply center. They pack and ship everything that goes to the stores.

She got a text yesterday stating they were working 11 hours a day, 7 days a week until further notice (and likely at least the next month.)

I know they will be shipping out what they have as fast as possible...
Brutal. I wish her and you all the best. Thanks.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:40 AM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Well...thanks to the virus panic mongers, my business will be shut down until March 31st. No income and can't even take a vacation because we might get stuck somewhere during this lunacy.

This is not even about the virus any longer- it is about taking over this country.

Zero cases in the entire county- yet the city is going on full lockdown. You can't even go to a nature park now- ridiculous. Store shelves are empty and small businesses will be hurting including my own.
That sucks man.

I'm lucky that even if there is some sort of forced closure for my office that we can still get people in remotely. Maybe not be at full force, but still able to help our customers.
[Reply]
Mennonite 09:40 AM 03-16-2020
As someone pointed out previously, truck drivers travel a lot, but there is no need for human contact other than when they transfer paperwork.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:40 AM 03-16-2020
same thing with the reserve ventilators. We have 12K in reserve but we don’t have people sitting on their ass at home we can call in to run them. All the qualified people are already busy in the hospitals.
[Reply]
Mennonite 09:42 AM 03-16-2020
Damn, I type slowly.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 09:42 AM 03-16-2020
They are? I thought they were all autonomous!:-)
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:43 AM 03-16-2020
Here's what I'm wondering, assuming this stuff coming out that suggests asymptomatic people are actually the most contagious is true - what if we all just wore masks all the time in public until this is over? Doesn’t have to be N95, just the cheapy surgical ones. Govt could set up stations and hand them out.

Obviously it’s not going to stop everything from getting out - but if it catches the droplets that could make a big difference.
[Reply]
Page 307 of 3903
« First < 207257297303304305306307 3083093103113173574078071307 > Last »
Up