ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2780 of 3903
« First < 1780228026802730277027762777277827792780 278127822783278427902830288032803780 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 11:09 AM 08-05-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Where they lost some people was when they said "don't go protest your business being closed down, you're making it worse" then turned around and said "go protest this it's worth the risk".

Right or wrong, you're gonna lose alot of people's confidence when you say that.
Yep. And that's when a lot of people threw their hand in the air and said fuck this. If people can go burn shit down I can go eat at a restaurant.
[Reply]
Monticore 11:14 AM 08-05-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Yep. And that's when a lot of people threw their hand in the air and said **** this. If people can go burn shit down I can go eat at a restaurant.
When I see people using poor judgment my first instinct is usually not doing the exact same thing, it tends to make a bad situation worse.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 11:18 AM 08-05-2020
Where they lost some people was when they said "don't go protest your business being closed down, you're making it worse" then turned around and said "go protest this it's worth the risk".

Right or wrong, you're gonna lose alot of people's confidence when you say that.
Why does this post not have a zillion thumbs up?
[Reply]
petegz28 11:19 AM 08-05-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
When I see people using poor judgment my first instinct is usually not doing the exact same thing, it tends to make a bad situation worse.
Good for you....
[Reply]
staylor26 11:20 AM 08-05-2020

*O.City drops the mic*
[Reply]
Donger 11:22 AM 08-05-2020
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should...

It's just an excuse, anyway.
[Reply]
O.city 11:24 AM 08-05-2020
The riots would have been worse/bigger potentially causing even more violence or virus spread.
But we've been told it's their job as (insert medical position) to inform the public of such issues. It's not their job to set policy or what not. So if thats the case, the biological virus doesn't give a shit about anything other than a host. It's supposed to be your job to be apolitical and give us the facts. The facts would likely say "this isn't safe".

Messaging in a pandemic is huge and the public health apparatus has absolutely dropped the ball on that. Now, some of that isn't their fault and is the fault of others in power, for sure.
[Reply]
Monticore 11:33 AM 08-05-2020
But we've been told it's their job as (insert medical position) to inform the public of such issues. It's not their job to set policy or what not. So if thats the case, the biological virus doesn't give a shit about anything other than a host. It's supposed to be your job to be apolitical and give us the facts. The facts would likely say "this isn't safe".

Messaging in a pandemic is huge and the public health apparatus has absolutely dropped the ball on that. Now, some of that isn't their fault and is the fault of others in power, for sure.
They should have definitely done it differently and tried to discourage it in a general way but singling them out would have been a recipe for disaster, but it seems so far in terms of the virus more damage has been done by people upset there wasn't more finger pointing at the protests than the protests themselves.
[Reply]
O.city 11:48 AM 08-05-2020
They should have definitely done it differently and tried to discourage it in a general way but singling them out would have been a recipe for disaster, but it seems so far in terms of the virus more damage has been done by people upset there wasn't more finger pointing at the protests than the protests themselves.
HOpefully so.

But again, the problem in the end and the bigger problem is the optics of it. When you do it that way, you lose your messaging, which when you need it again (now) people are gonna go "nah, not again".

It's been hard as shit on everyone. Rescheduled weddings, not going to or getting to have funerals, kids out of school, people losing businesses etc.

Then you have some having big funerals, pushing mass gatherings for social justice reasons and what not, then turn around and tell others not to do it?

Are we seriously not seeing this? Is it just me?
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:53 AM 08-05-2020
HOpefully so.

But again, the problem in the end and the bigger problem is the optics of it. When you do it that way, you lose your messaging, which when you need it again (now) people are gonna go "nah, not again".

It's been hard as shit on everyone. Rescheduled weddings, not going to or getting to have funerals, kids out of school, people losing businesses etc.

Then you have some having big funerals, pushing mass gatherings for social justice reasons and what not, then turn around and tell others not to do it?

How dare you politicize the virus.
[Reply]
O.city 11:55 AM 08-05-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
How dare you politicize the virus.
Yeah, I seem to do that.
[Reply]
O.city 11:56 AM 08-05-2020
Here's an issue we're starting to see in our area. Where schools are going remote, the parents are having to send kids to daycares, other options so they are able to work.

Those places aren't as equipped as say a large school building to have that many children.

This is a huge mess.
[Reply]
Monticore 12:02 PM 08-05-2020
HOpefully so.

They were going to end up pissing off someone no matter what they did, pissing off rioters even more vs weddings , it might not have been the right decision but there might not have been any decisions that would have been right.

Trying to do it in a way you wouldn't lose your job or have the wrath directed towards themselves would be kind of tricky, having any sort of mass gathering during peak pandemic I think isn't very smart but I don't think they would listen to me.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 12:06 PM 08-05-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Why does this post not have a zillion thumbs up?
Agendas.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 12:06 PM 08-05-2020

Mother fucking homerun.
[Reply]
Page 2780 of 3903
« First < 1780228026802730277027762777277827792780 278127822783278427902830288032803780 > Last »
Up