ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2720 of 3903
« First < 1720222026202670271027162717271827192720 272127222723272427302770282032203720 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Marcellus 09:10 AM 07-27-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
It’s too early to tell how a second wave may impact these places, do you agree?

And I’m still not sold on lasting immunity, so does reaching 20% infections really matter as far as a future second wave is concerned? Same scenario could happen in surge places again.
Looking at Italy for example, why are you not sold on long lasting immunity?
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:12 AM 07-27-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
It's not completely out of the question, but to me it's just a numbers game. There are probably hundreds (thousands?) of coronaviruses that make the jump from animals to humans every year, but they stop there because they're not ideal for human-to-human transmission. When one finally does, it seems very unlikely to be natural because it IS unlikely. That doesn't mean that it's definitely unnatural, though.
My understanding is they very very rarely, as in basically never, jump from animal to human and human to human in the same time frame which is what we are seeing here. I dont know that there is another example.
[Reply]
O.city 09:14 AM 07-27-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
We haven’t had time to know if it’s long lasting. This only been going on for 4 months
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:14 AM 07-27-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
We haven’t had time to know if it’s long lasting. This only been going on for 4 months
So how long do we need to wait?
[Reply]
Donger 09:18 AM 07-27-2020
My understanding is they very very rarely, as in basically never, jump from animal to human and human to human in the same time frame which is what we are seeing here. I dont know that there is another example.
SARS-CoV-1
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:22 AM 07-27-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
100%.

Again, I know it's dumb and I do not have enough knowledge and I'm sure it's just my anti-China bias.

It's just the more articles I read about this thing and when I go back and think about the way it was initially handled by China, that's where my mind goes.
I think it's sad there probably won't be any accountability or even investigation into that, because we like our cheap plastic stuff.

(not that they manufactured it, but covered it up for perhaps much longer than is currently known)
[Reply]
lewdog 09:24 AM 07-27-2020
Long lasting means what to you? This started in March and there are people becoming reinfected with symptoms a second time. It seems rare but can still happen. What makes someone else able to get reinfected and what gives me possible “lasting” immunity? We don’t know this answer and lasting immunity would be 12 months or more for my definition.
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:25 AM 07-27-2020
Long lasting means what to you? This started in March and there are people becoming reinfected with symptoms a second time. It seems rare but can still happen. What makes someone else able to get reinfected and what gives me possible “lasting” immunity? We don’t know this answer and lasting immunity would be 12 months or more for my definition.
You're not going to get another 12 months of lockdowns. However one feels about that, people just aren't going to stand for it.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:25 AM 07-27-2020
I guess that it falls along the same questioning of why do some people get it and why do many people appear to have a resistance. If you buy into the possible 20% max infection rate concept.
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:31 AM 07-27-2020
So if MLB lasts only week, where they have unlimited money and testing how are schools going to make it?
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:31 AM 07-27-2020
Waiting for the COVID19, Influenza, Ebola, and AIDS orgy this fall that inevitably leads to a superbug that starts a zombie apocalypse. What a time to be alive!
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:33 AM 07-27-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
So if MLB lasts only week, where they have unlimited money and testing how are schools going to make it?
Don't test.

No tests = no positives = no problems!
[Reply]
Donger 09:36 AM 07-27-2020
First Phase 3 vaccine trial in US starts: The first Phase 3 clinical trial of a coronavirus vaccine in the United States -- an investigational vaccine developed by the biotechnology company Moderna and the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases -- began Monday. The trial, one of 25 clinical trials around the world, is expected to enroll about 30,000 adult volunteers and evaluates its safety and whether it can prevent symptomatic Covid-19 after two doses, among other outcomes.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:40 AM 07-27-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
First Phase 3 vaccine trial in US starts: The first Phase 3 clinical trial of a coronavirus vaccine in the United States -- an investigational vaccine developed by the biotechnology company Moderna and the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases -- began Monday. The trial, one of 25 clinical trials around the world, is expected to enroll about 30,000 adult volunteers and evaluates its safety and whether it can prevent symptomatic Covid-19 after two doses, among other outcomes.
Isn’t phase 3 a 3 month deal? I believe they start the trial and have it go 4-5 weeks, do bloodwork for a week for all participants and then do the 2nd dose for that same process timeframe as the first.

Either way good news that we are making progress
[Reply]
O.city 09:40 AM 07-27-2020
The reinfected thing appears pretty rare at this point.

It appears as if we have pretty solid immunity with T cells and antibodies so I’m hopeful
[Reply]
Page 2720 of 3903
« First < 1720222026202670271027162717271827192720 272127222723272427302770282032203720 > Last »
Up