ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 65 of 240
« First < 15556162636465 6667686975115165 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach
rabblerouser 09:43 AM 09-18-2015
Andy Reid got depantsed in the Super Bowl by Bruce Arians.

Bruce Fucking Arians and Tom Fucking Brady.

Well, you see, Andy Reid is an offensive genius, and how dare we question Andy Reid's genius in not running the ball and not utilizing the screen pass in the face of an epically brutal pass rush, a patchwork offensive line and a QB with a hurt toe?

How dare we question his geniusness?

Oh, and Spags? The "great Brady Killer"? They had his defense figured out by the 2nd quarter and he couldn't adjust it. He was Bob Sutton Jr.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:09 PM 12-18-2016
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
How many times have we had terrible a second half performances at home. Shut out in our last two at home I think. Some of that falls on the hc/oc for calls/philosophy.
Andy and Alex have AIDS... They suck.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:50 AM 12-19-2016
It's shit execution. Alex pick wasn't a poor play call...neither was DATs HUUUUGE drop.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 09:02 AM 12-19-2016
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
It's shit execution. Alex pick wasn't a poor play call...neither was DATs HUUUUGE drop.
Maclin had 1 on 1 and couldn't shake his guy. Why Harris was on the field over Tyreek is a joke.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 09:03 AM 12-19-2016
rabble was banned??
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:05 AM 12-19-2016
Kelce had shaken free on the pick...
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:43 AM 12-19-2016
Many here will love this story.

http://sportsspotlight.com/blog/chiefs-insider-121816/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 12:00 PM 12-19-2016
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:

Does Nick get paid by the comma?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 12:11 PM 12-19-2016

I thought this part was especially accurate:

Originally Posted by :
Andy Reid is Out of Touch

With another meltdown loss at home to a lessor talent at Arrowhead stadium, this time to the Tennessee Titans, it’s clear Head Coach, Andy Reid is not the man to lead the Chiefs to a Super Bowl.

I’m not going to sugar coat this column.

After witnessing the Kansas City Chiefs offense become unhinged after dashing out to a 14-0 lead, only to have victory snatched by a Tennessee Titans team at the last second, it’s clear Head Coach, Andy Reid is not the right long term head coach for this franchise.

Before I get the middle finger from those saying I’m overreacting, consider that Reid never targeted Tyreek Hill one time after the first quarter. Think about that? He didn’t dial up another play for KC’s best offensive weapon the rest of the game – instead using him as a decoy to run the ball in spaces that were filled by Titans defenders.

Reid has bungled the offensive side of the ball this season despite a good defense. Now to give equal time, Defensive Coordinator, Bob Sutton gets some blame today as well – his play calling against the Titans – lacked any aggression. He played the Titans as if he was facing Joe Montana and the San Francisco 49ers in their prime. He coached today with fear.

With the loss, the Chiefs go from an Arrowhead home team in January to a likely wild card team in the post season. With a win over the Titans, they had a playoff spot sown up and a near lock as the AFC’s #2 entry in the post season – with just one more victory this season.

Now Reid must scramble to save his coaching legacy by winning Christmas Night against the Denver Broncos at home, and on the road a week later at San Diego. Personally, I don’t see KC winning both if Reid has a headset and a playbook on his person.

Yes, that’s harsh but it’s honest.

I don’t get paid to sugar coat the fan in me that has bled red for five decades. I’ve seen everything you can as a fan, had my heart broken time and time again, but what I see now from Reid, is a head coach that will never guide the Chiefs to a Super Bowl.

Before he arrived in Kansas City, the knocks on Reid, were red zone play calling and clock management. In this game the clock didn’t beat Reid, but his own ego and inability to understand the ebb and flow of a game, ultimately did.

Let’s give them credit the Titans are no pushovers.

Still, I can’t find a single reason to defend their victory over a Chiefs team that had so much riding Sunday at Arrowhead. I’ve said it before, I’m tired of Reid taking blame and responsibility after games for his errors. His actions are the only things that matter now, and winning a Super Bowl, is the ONLY goal that matters to Chiefs fans.

Ed Zurga/AP Photo
Ed Zurga/AP Photo
Reid’s failures can be solely attributed to the primary fact; he does not treat every NFL game, every quarter and every series as if it were the post season every Sunday. During his coaching tenure, in Kansas City and Philadelphia, his coaching style has become too rigid for the new NFL brand on the field – where you must be more tactician than head coach.

In his latest head coaching gaffe, Reid continues to shackle his quarterback, Alex Smith, one of the best playmakers in the game (Hill) and his All Pro Tight End, Travis Kelce. However, his play calling in the second half was ludicrous, unimaginative and border line offensive to the fan base.

Yet despite all that, Reid just needed to call one more play to earn a win on Sunday. So what did he do?

Reid called a ridiculous play for Smith to execute on an option sweep that I saw coming from 1500 miles away! Where was that play call facing third or fourth down from the one-yard line in the second quarter up 14-7 – when you ended up with no points? Why dial a pass in the red zone late in the third quarter (that was intercepted) when a field goal, pushes the game into forcing two touchdowns by your opponent to win.

Reid is one of the highest paid head coaches in the NFL, and to earn that coin, you get it two ways. One win a Super Bowl, or convince an owner, you can – Reid appears better at the latter. After today’s loss to the Titans, Reid is simply an average head coach on an above average football team – that has a high ceiling with the right man running the offense.

After the season, Reid will have one year left on his five-year contract but his coaching staff does not. I know it would be preposterous to state that Reid should be fired before his deal runs out next season. But how can he keep his job if he ignores his best players on offense and remains the most stubborn play caller in the game continually trying to force fit a round peg in a square hole?

Reid has been brutally criticized for having two offensive coordinators this season and not adhering to adjusting game plans during the game. Instead his meddling attributes to run whatever play he thinks he can – despite obvious personnel and matchups deficiencies or advise from the two-headed monster he created with his offensive coordinators, will ultimately be his demise as the Chiefs head coach.

In summary, I’m upset and irritated after this loss and I’m probably taking this too hard. However, you invest so much as a fan only to see you put faith in a head coach that repeats the same mistakes time and time again that has plagued his entire head coaching career since he took over the Eagles back in 1999.

As fans, especially those that braved the frigid condition on Sunday, the Chiefs organization can’t ignore this indisputable fact, Reid continues to make the same in game mistakes punishing a loyal fan base – that pays a price – because Reid’s stripes did not change when he went from green to red four years ago.

[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:08 PM 12-19-2016
Andy's presser:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...id=11373923372

[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:45 PM 12-19-2016
Andy's presser:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...id=11373923372

I'll never get that time back... Him being that OK with the loss is why I'm more concerned than I was before. He's simply out of touch. Way too calm!
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:52 PM 12-19-2016
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
I'll never get that time back... Him being that OK with the loss is why I'm more concerned than I was before. He's simply out of touch. Way too calm!

He sounds like Gary Pinkel after a loss.

[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:58 PM 12-19-2016
He sounds like Gary Pinkel after a loss.

He's so full of coach-speak bullshit he should be pumped out like a Johnny-on-the-spot.

I'm sure he's just trying to get them to end pressers (because he has no answers, ever!), and he might be what ends pressers.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 02:46 AM 12-20-2016

Although this article echos some of my thoughts I expressed in my thread, it is poorly written. He obviously doesn't understand, how to use, commas. And he makes wide general statements with no supporting facts.

I am fine with Reid bashing after his coaching performance on Sunday, but I have never cared for Athan, and his obvious lack of writing skill. It's either Head Coach Andy Reid, or it's the Chiefs head coach, Andy Reid. Not Head Coach, Andy Reid.

He said Reid would have to scramble to save his coaching legacy. As evident in my thread from Sunday, I am not an Andy Reid fan. But Reid will end his career ranked in the top 10 for coaching victories. He took the Eagles to 4 straight NFC Championship games, and coached in a Super Bowl. The only way for Athan to rescue his legacy, is to win a Pulitzer.

He actually said Sutton coached against the Titans like he was coaching against Montana's 49ers in their prime. What?

He did site specific offensive play calls, but one of them was questioning why Reid opted to call a pass play on third down, suggesting that a field goal was the proper call. Again, what? He didn't choose a pass play over a field goal. He called a play designed to give the QB options at the LOS, depending on coverage. Smith just made a terrible decision, and the ball was intercepted. If the pass had been incomplete, he would have kicked the field goal, as we had already been stopped once before on 4th and goal.

As for attributing some of the blame to Sutton, he didn't site any play that would demonstrate the lack of aggression he claims Sutton displayed.

If his "article" was just another post on CP, then his, use of commas and unsupported criticism wouldn't bother me.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
dannybcaitlyn 04:19 AM 12-20-2016
The lack of aggression by Sutton was spot on. Especially on the last series where we allowed the Titans to easily march down field for the go ahead to win field goal. Watch the same type of scenarios that Dallas and the Raider were in from last week. They went after the Qb relentless and came out with the win. We did that prevent/ bend but don't break bullshit. Marriota wasn't touched once.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:22 AM 12-20-2016
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Although this article echos some of my thoughts I expressed in my thread, it is poorly written. He obviously doesn't understand, how to use, commas. And he makes wide general statements with no supporting facts.

I am fine with Reid bashing after his coaching performance on Sunday, but I have never cared for Athan, and his obvious lack of writing skill. It's either Head Coach Andy Reid, or it's the Chiefs head coach, Andy Reid. Not Head Coach, Andy Reid.

He said Reid would have to scramble to save his coaching legacy. As evident in my thread from Sunday, I am not an Andy Reid fan. But Reid will end his career ranked in the top 10 for coaching victories. He took the Eagles to 4 straight NFC Championship games, and coached in a Super Bowl. The only way for Athan to rescue his legacy, is to win a Pulitzer.

He actually said Sutton coached against the Titans like he was coaching against Montana's 49ers in their prime. What?

He did site specific offensive play calls, but one of them was questioning why Reid opted to call a pass play on third down, suggesting that a field goal was the proper call. Again, what? He didn't choose a pass play over a field goal. He called a play designed to give the QB options at the LOS, depending on coverage. Smith just made a terrible decision, and the ball was intercepted. If the pass had been incomplete, he would have kicked the field goal, as we had already been stopped once before on 4th and goal.

As for attributing some of the blame to Sutton, he didn't site any play that would demonstrate the lack of aggression he claims Sutton displayed.

If his "article" was just another post on CP, then his, use of commas and unsupported criticism wouldn't bother me.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
OACU (Over Active Comma Use) or not, the guy was spot-on - Reid is coaching AIDS on game day. Evenif he's a great Monday-Saturday coach, he's ass on Sundays. We should have higher standards for Andy coaching our team than this man's punctuation. To comment on his use of commas suggests some level of deflection. At best it should be left as an unspoken observation, at worst it should be a very subtle footnote.

[Reply]
Page 65 of 240
« First < 15556162636465 6667686975115165 > Last »
Up