Hammock Parties 08:02 AM 08-01-2022
New trailer holy fuuuuck

The new trailer for #Andor is here!

Coming September 21. pic.twitter.com/oGdhOt06EA

— Star Wars Stuff (@starwarstufff) August 1, 2022

[Reply]
Buehler445 01:17 PM 12-09-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
We all believe Andy Serkis is coming back right? You don't just leave that open ended and then later on say he died.
I don’t.

Gilroy through Rogue One and Andor has shown the dirty side of a rebellion. And sometimes dudes get burned. Just like I think the rest of the heist crew save the 2 chicks is gone. Some of them were really compelling.

Serkis did a great job. Super compelling shit. And like I said the I can’t swim moment sticks with me still. Outstanding shit. But in the dirty side of rebellions dudes like that die.

I think precisely that point is what Gilroy is going for.

But I may also be a fucking moron. So there’s that.
[Reply]
Molitoth 03:31 PM 12-09-2022
The ONLY thing I remember that I found major fault with was...

Spoiler!

Maybe I just missed something?

Otherwise, absolutely loved this show!
[Reply]
Chiefspants 03:49 PM 12-09-2022
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
The ONLY thing I remember that I found major fault with was...

Spoiler!

Maybe I just missed something?

Otherwise, absolutely loved this show!
He parked in the same spot as he did in Episode 3, which feels like an oversight for Luthen, but not if he planned on Cassian dying.

Unsure how Cassian beat him, but assumed Luthen may have tied off loose ends in Ferrix before returning to his ship.
[Reply]
Kiimo 04:19 PM 12-09-2022
You guys might be right.

Plus Andy Serkis is in demand. He clearly signed a three episode arc and then went on to be in things like the next Avatar.

It's brutal but I think you've convinced me that we don't need that loose end tied up. Let some extended universe comic book writer decide his fate in the years to come.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:07 PM 12-09-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Plus Andy Serkis is in demand. He clearly signed a three episode arc and then went on to be in things like the next Avatar.
how do you think he was rescued? :-)
[Reply]
Bowser 07:06 PM 12-09-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
He killed all the Imperials at that prison and is now living his best life there. Sorry for the spoilers.
[Reply]
Kiimo 07:31 PM 12-09-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Are you asking me to write the story for you
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:02 PM 12-09-2022
The episode/scene/story works so well without us ever knowing what happened to him.

Still, it wouldn't surprise me if the quality/praise for that three episode run gets Disney to pressure the writers to make him show up at some point during the next/last season.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:53 PM 12-10-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Just wait for the 3rd prison episode. That was one of the best pieces of SW content ever made.
The 3rd act of the last episode is destined to be mentioned by many as some of the best “Star Wars” ever.
[Reply]
srvy 11:35 PM 12-10-2022
You all have buffed the hell out of this turd but still, it wont polish.:-)
[Reply]
listopencil 06:05 AM 12-11-2022
Originally Posted by srvy:
You've tried as hard as you can to shit on this TV show but you're just making a fool of yourself, at this point you just look like you're too dumb to appreciate it. Go find some titties and 'splosions to entertain yourself.
[Reply]
srvy 10:43 AM 12-11-2022
Originally Posted by listopencil:
You've tried as hard as you can to shit on this TV show but you're just making a fool of yourself, at this point you just look like you're too dumb to appreciate it. Go find some titties and 'splosions to entertain yourself.
So sorry I hurt your feeling fanboy

[Reply]
Buehler445 11:24 AM 12-11-2022
Listen, I won't tell anyone how to interpret art. Ever.

If you're trolling, fine, whatever. But if you're just banging on this just to bang on everything property related, I'd urge you to rewatch it.

I'll admit I was SUPER skeptical in the first episode or 2. I thought it was missing the mark. But when it hit its stride it really pulls hard. It takes a REALLY big swing and IMO it lands it.

A couple components here, that separate it from other Star Wars shit. For instance, I enjoyed Obi-Wan, but I enjoyed it despite its very severe warts. This one is different.

So if you hate all things property related (comic books Star Wars, etc), this is the easiest one to get by. There is very little that it leans on from a storytelling perspective. Virtually everything that has to do with the Empire are components we haven't seen. Moreover it does a really nice job of getting to the human aspects of a totalitarian government.

The other thing that separates it from other Star Wars installments is it is damn cold. Lots of motherfuckers die horrible, unfulfilling deaths and everyone has to keep moving forward. That doesn't happen a ton in film in general, but it really does a good job of pulling you out of the hero archetype and tells a compelling, but very un-Star Wars story.

The format I can see could also be potentially offputting, but IMO it tells the story that needs to be told, not fitting some episodic format. Plus, if you view it as 3 movies, it may be an easier way to be palatable.

Outside of the stuff on the jungle planet, it's hard for me to find much fault in anything this thing does. It doesn't lean on any camp, it tells one hell of a compelling human story,

It's really good.

I won't say you're wrong, but from my subjective view of the series, I have to disagree.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 04:44 AM 12-12-2022
Sorry your opinions suck so very much.
[Reply]
Kiimo 07:44 PM 12-12-2022

Imagine coming into this subforum to troll people on a show you didn't watch just to yuck their yum and being like oh I'm sorry did I hurt your feelings?

No you just said something stupid, that's all
[Reply]
Page 16 of 22
« First < 61213141516 17181920 > Last »
Up