ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Nzoner's Game Room>Kaepernick sucks, who knew?
Rainbarrel 06:38 PM 06-26-2022
Warren Sapp, who played for the Raiders for the final four seasons of his Hall of Fame career, was asked in an interview with Vlad TV this week if he believes Kaepernick will play in the NFL again. He responded with an emphatic “no” and said he was told Kaepernick’s workout with the Raiders was a “disaster.”

“I heard it was a disaster. I heard it was one of the worst workouts ever,” Sapp said. “I’m wondering how the hell this happened and the tape didn’t get out. Somebody wasn’t (recording a video) over the fence or something? Come on, man. We live in a world now where you put a drone up and nobody’s gonna stop you.”

Kaepernick is 34 and has not played in the NFL since 2016. Even when he did play, his strength was his mobility and athleticism. He was never a great passer, which is why many are skeptical that he could take that much time off and expect to be effective.

There were supposedly two things that impressed the Raiders during Kaepernick’s workout. They were not blown away enough to offer him an invitation to camp, however. Maybe Sapp knows something most of us don’t.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/artic...1_127_37625157
[Reply]
Eleazar 07:53 AM 06-27-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
How'd that work out for him? About as good as his recent workouts.

If Krappydick was a true starter and sitting there for the taking, there would have been teams to grab him.

Teams want to WIN.
The league knows this. Even his head coach knew he wasn't a starting QB in the league.

Kaepernick's reputation rests almost entirely on a stretch of play that took place in about a 12 month period, which was nearly 10 years ago.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:04 AM 06-27-2022
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
Elway didn't sign him. There was still a chance :-)

Edit: You know it's not just Elway. You got 5head lurking around like a goblin in heat too
Elways actually did offer Kaepernick a contract.

Originally Posted by cdcox:
The following players are listed by Pro Football Reference as having a similar "quality and shape of career" after 6 years:

Let's remove from comparison players from different eras: Charlie Johnson, Brian Sipe, John Hadl, Terry Bradshaw, Don Meredith, Doug Williams, and Tommy Kramer. If anyone thinks all of these players should be considered as comparisons to Kaepernick, let me know.

That leaves:
Marcus Mariotta, similar after 6, has played for 7 and is under contract for year 8 in 2022.
Carson Wentz, similar after 6, while he is not a star, no one thinks he should not be under contract for his 7th year.
Blake Bortles, similar after 6, but was under contract for 8.He could still be under contract for his 9th year in 2022.

Now let's expand to QBs with similar "quality and shape" for their entire careers. To Mariota, Wentz and Bortles we will now add Jay Fiedler (9 year career), Scott Mitchell (11 year career), Jameis Winston (7+ year career), David Carr(11 year career), Stan Humphries (9 year career), Elvis Grbac (8 year career), and Kyle Orton (10 year career).

It's absolutely clear that Kaepernick's performance was strong enough during his first 6 years to warrant being under contract during his 7th year. His case for being excluded from playing in the NFL in years since as a direct result of his decision to speak up against racial injustice is undisputable. It's your privilege to believe differently.
1) Kaepernick voided his own contract with SF.
2) Kaepernick turned down AT LEAST 1 offer after he quit his job in SF…Elway offered him a contract that he turned down and Seattle and Baltimore had him in for visits.
3) The NFL set up a “Kaepernick combine” and publicized it in every way possible. All TV outlets were there. Lots of teams were there. HE DIDNT SHOW UP. Instead, he tried to change the venue at the last minute and everyone basically told him to go **** himself. Obviously, he knew he didn’t want his shortcomings to be on film and live tv for everyone to see.
4) The Raiders had him for a workout that is reported he still looked terrible.

Let’s try to look at the facts versus the feelings here.

If teams thought Kaepernick had a chance to lead their teams to victories, they would have lined up to outbid each other for his services. They all know he sucks.

If he wanted to actually play again and not just be a “look at me, BLM” guy then he would be running RPO for someone by now, trying to earn a bigger role. Hell, if he was ok being a backup/sub package guy I could even see a guy like Andy bringing him in to play that role to keep Pat from getting hit in those circumstances, in an attempt to build value towards a trade…but the TRUTH is Colin never was a good passer. He was a “if option a isn’t open, “run with it and never scan the field and go through progressions to find the open man”…once opposing defenses caught up to him, he was donezo.
[Reply]
Otter 11:53 AM 06-27-2022
I see a strong future in zachandcappyarequeer.com
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up