ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>Has anyone ever had a gift card balance stolen?
bdj23 03:25 PM 06-26-2022
Earlier this afternoon I stopped by Cabelas to pick up some ammo with some gift cards that I had accumulated from Christmas' past. When I went to check out I gave the lady a gift card that was supposed to be 100 bucks.

It's been sitting in my wallet since I got it for Christmas two years ago.

The lady swiped it several times and each time the balance of the card read $0. The pin # hadn't even been scratched off yet. I tried it again at customer service to no avail.

I know for a fact I never used the thing. What happened to my $100? How the hell would someone even drain this thing without my knowledge?

:-):-):-)
[Reply]
tyecopeland 05:40 AM 06-27-2022
Originally Posted by BDj23:

Customer service said normally they can track them to when it was used but since it was a "pre-merger" gift card they didn't have any info on it.
That sounds like bullshit. Don't know about cabelas but a lot of store gift cards you can check online yourself and see when the balance was loaded and any transactions. I have a hard time believing they themselves couldn't track any information about it despite a merger.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 05:41 AM 06-27-2022
Originally Posted by sedated:
I heard a life hack where if you buy a gift card for someone write down the number and check it after a year or two, if it still has the full balance then they likely forgot about it so go ahead and use it for yourself.
I've done that with Amazon gift cards.
[Reply]
bdj23 06:05 AM 06-27-2022
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
That sounds like bullshit. Don't know about cabelas but a lot of store gift cards you can check online yourself and see when the balance was loaded and any transactions. I have a hard time believing they themselves couldn't track any information about it despite a merger.
Well at first I thought it was odd too, but I had two people tell me the same thing so I don't know? Pretty lame regardless.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:48 AM 06-27-2022
Originally Posted by BDj23:
My bro said he got the card from Cabelas and had it loaded with $100 at the store in KC. Now there's no way to prove this since it was 2.5 years ago. I'm just curious how it happened
Most likely explanation is the employee who sold it did it.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 06:55 AM 06-27-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Most likely explanation is the employee who sold it did it.
No, the most likely explanation is he used it and forgot.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:57 AM 06-27-2022
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Well, he's sure he didn't. So the next most likely explanation is the cashier had a nice present for themselves.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:06 AM 06-27-2022
Sure haven’t. I’m not a pussy.

OP, do you box?!

/staylor
[Reply]
bdj23 08:08 AM 06-27-2022
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
I'd get that if say, it had $3.50 or something left on it or the grey shit that protects the pin number was scratched off.

But I can't remember the last time I made a purchase at Cabelas that was over $100 and originally I was saving this card to put towards the purchase of a gunsafe.

I was just interested in how this card could have gotten scammed. Oh well, the world may never know.
[Reply]
Eleazar 08:12 AM 06-27-2022
Sounds like the employee didn't load the card correctly when it was purchased.
[Reply]
neech 08:49 AM 06-27-2022
Originally Posted by Razaele:
Sounds like the employee didn't load the card correctly when it was purchased.
I've had that happen to me, the employee ringing up the card was having a hard time with it and finally gave me the card.

Well they did it wrong and i gifted a person a card with zero balance on it so I felt like a fool when the person told me that. Now i always keep the receipt and hand both the receipt and card with it.

More importantly I buy the card with a manager or assistant manager not some zit faced 18 year old kid who has only worked there a few days.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up