ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Nzoner's Game Room>Banks
HemiEd 06:25 AM 06-25-2022
In gathering information about interest rate returns on savings I have stumbled onto a whole new concept to me.

Totally online banking? I have never heard of most of these outfits even though they say FDIC insured. Bask Bank? CIBC? LENDING Club?

https://www.bankrate.com/landing/sav...xoCsWMQAvD_BwE

Any of you have any experience with this? Our local banks are still not paying any interest on savings even though I am sure they have raised their interest rates on loans.
I still favor writing checks and putting them in the mail, but the Mrs. does everything on line, kinda scary to me.
My daughter pays everything with her phone, even more scarrier. :-)
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 11:09 AM 06-26-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I've not been in a bank except to sign mortgage paperwork in 20+ years. Just because the bank has brick and mortar locations. I'd say that qualifies as doing all my banking online.
When was the last time you visited the spank bank
[Reply]
R8RFAN 11:41 AM 06-26-2022
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
The majority of my cash is in Ally, online only. Pays way better than any brick and mortar bank.

However, you can’t really get away with only having an online bank. I basically use Ally for savings and paycheck get deposited and bills paid thru US Bank account. I can get money transferred from one to the other in one business day if needed.
Same and I have a small local bank account that I rarely use as well but I direct deposit paychecks in Ally , use one credit card for about 99.9% of purchases, keep a couple thousand in the safe and online bill pay everything.
[Reply]
|Zach| 06:47 PM 06-26-2022
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
I still favor writing checks and putting them in the mail
:-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:24 AM 06-27-2022
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
When was the last time you visited the spank bank
You want a video?
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 05:07 AM 06-27-2022