ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Nzoner's Game Room>The Planet is down? Post on Facebook. Kyle is the Admin there too.
BigRedChief 07:09 AM 06-24-2022
If you want to talk or see why the Planet is down. You can also go to this Facebook page..............
https://www.facebook.com/groups/80857665735
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:49 PM 06-25-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
It really does seem to be in decline. The best thing about Facebook has always been reconnecting with old, lost friends that I never would have otherwise found. But I've noticed that most people I interact with post less and less these days. Obviously the way it's run you have to be careful about what you say, and that's only gotten worse. Initially I found several groups that I joined, mostly Navy related, but all have been ruined to some degree by politics/wokeness. A few I've just left, and a couple disbanded. Hell, I found a Dilbert page a couple of months ago that was all but destroyed by politard bickering. That shit just seems to permeate everything these days.
Facebook is now DC Forum discussion these days.

That's why during downtime I head to the ChiefsPlanet chatroom on Discord
[Reply]
Easy 6 12:51 PM 06-25-2022
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
Out all day for me as well. My lunch break sucked.
Luckily I had some things going on to fill time, but around 5 pm I'm finally like ok man wtf? :-)

Originally Posted by DaFace:
Think of DNS as a collection of phone books around the world, but they're written in disappearing ink so that each listing has to be replaced every 24 hours or so. The CP server was fine, but the system that refreshes the listing in the phone book stopped working. Slowly, your own computers and ISPs lost the address and couldn't figure what "number" (IP address) to "call" for chiefsplanet.com. Once that issue was fixed, you could suddenly get on again.

I actually never went down, so my ISP must have refreshed it fairly close to when the listing stopped working.
Thanks for the explanation in simple terms, all the techy stuff is well beyond me
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:53 PM 06-25-2022
Zuck keeps shutting down my favorite beer and bourbon trade groups on FB which is my biggest gripe
[Reply]
Frazod 12:56 PM 06-25-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Facebook is now DC Forum discussion these days.

That's why during downtime I head to the ChiefsPlanet chatroom on Discord
At least on FB you can effectively and completely block groups and people. I've done that frequently over the years, and unlike here, when you do that, they're gone forever. I also rarely discuss politics there, and never get into extended arguments. I remember once I got into a heated debate with some crazy bitch I went to school with over 40 years ago. I slapped her down hard enough that she deleted all her posts in the thread, and what remained basically looked like I was screaming at clouds.
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:04 PM 06-25-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
At least on FB you can effectively and completely block groups and people. I've done that frequently over the years, and unlike here, when you do that, they're gone forever. I also rarely discuss politics there, and never get into extended arguments. I remember once I got into a heated debate with some crazy bitch I went to school with over 40 years ago. I slapped her down hard enough that she deleted all her posts in the thread, and what remained basically looked like I was screaming at clouds.
Yeah, beyond the past few years, it's the one thing I never really understood from people who complained about facebook.... you don't have to read anyone's bullshit, you can unfriend them or hide all of their bullshit or snooze them for 30 days. People get sucked into it and then act like it's FB that's terrible.

But..... I've snoozed far more people in the past couple years. Several relatives who used to never talk politics or rarely did so, who do it all the time now. I've hidden or unfriended a few who now only talk politics. And "talk" is a stretch... it's mostly posting dumb memes.

I still use it to post pics and updates, but the app in particular has gotten so bad about showing ads every other post, I rarely death scroll anymore.... I'll browse on my laptop for a few minutes and be done with it.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 01:17 PM 06-25-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Think of DNS as a collection of phone books around the world, but they're written in disappearing ink so that each listing has to be replaced every 24 hours or so. The CP server was fine, but the system that refreshes the listing in the phone book stopped working. Slowly, your own computers and ISPs lost the address and couldn't figure what "number" (IP address) to "call" for chiefsplanet.com. Once that issue was fixed, you could suddenly get on again.

I actually never went down, so my ISP must have refreshed it fairly close to when the listing stopped working.
Now that is an explanation I can understand. Thank you.
[Reply]
Bearcat 03:51 PM 06-25-2022
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
Now that is an explanation I can understand. Thank you.
I don't know what was so hard to understand when I said the authoritative nameservers went down and it propagated across servers and cached A records eventually cleared to reach a tipping point where people could only access the site through host file entry or IP, easily checked with commands such as nslookup and dig and querying the NS servers.... but okay.
[Reply]
scho63 04:24 PM 06-25-2022
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Facebook is for Boomers!!!!!!!!
Even we don't like it anymore. 99% commercials and ads and shit
[Reply]
lewdog 04:34 PM 06-25-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
I just use if for my gardening, bourbon, beer and sports groups. The gardening groups help a TON here.

I "hide" or delete most people so I just get a feed of things I like.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 05:47 PM 06-25-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I don't know what was so hard to understand when I said the authoritative nameservers went down and it propagated across servers and cached A records eventually cleared to reach a tipping point where people could only access the site through host file entry or IP, easily checked with commands such as nslookup and dig and querying the NS servers.... but okay.
Hackerman

Don't let the state of Missouri hear about these techniques
[Reply]
Kiimo 06:08 PM 06-25-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
I still occasionally get friend requests from Facebook from people who are just now joining and it's like uh yeah you all just bought a ticket on the Titanic after it sank
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:41 AM 06-26-2022
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I just use if for my gardening, bourbon, beer and sports groups. The gardening groups help a TON here.

I "hide" or delete most people so I just get a feed of things I like.
Exactly. I’ve never talked politics or religion or anything controversial on the platform. Just stop notifications from those who post on those subjects. I’ve never had issues like some are posting on here.

I have 2700+ “friends” on Facebook. Maybe 200-500 are “real” friends. The rest are my Chiefs fans network. Without Facebook we don’t grow from a single group of Chief fans to 100 groups nationwide and in Italy, Mexico and Puerto Rico.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 07:59 AM 06-26-2022
I personally haven’t posted on Facebook in 6 years, I sometimes wonder if people judge me because I don’t heart emoji all my wife’s posts about our kids.
[Reply]
raybec 4 08:39 AM 06-26-2022
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
I personally haven’t posted on Facebook in 6 years, I sometimes wonder if people judge me because I don’t heart emoji all my wife’s posts about our kids.
That's funny, my wife's friend recently asked her why I don't post anything about her. My wife said "He doesn't post anything at all" I've had maybe 10 posts total in the 10 years since I joined and none in the last 8.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 01:16 PM 06-26-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Over My Head GIFfrom Over My Head GIFs

[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up