ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 10
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The most expensive/valuable thing you own?
mr. tegu 05:53 PM 06-05-2022
That is not a house or a car or a house necessity like air conditioners, refrigerators, or other appliances, etc. It would be boring if everyone just had to say their furnace or something. Furniture, electronics, TVs and things like that count though.

It’s clear what expensive means. But by valuable, meaning something’s monetary value, not just personal value.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:09 PM 06-05-2022
This is an interesting question. Setting aside my house, my business, and my wife's car, my initial guess would be an autographed photo of the Mercury 7 astronauts. The last time I looked, I saw similar photos for sale at $5,000 or so, and figured that was the top end retail so it would bring less in the real world.

But a couple of months ago I saw an episode of Antiques Road Show where some fellow had a book that was autographed by a bunch of astronauts from different eras. The appraiser made some comment along the lines of "If this was an autographed photo, it would probably be in the $10,000 to $15,000 range, but it's worth less as a book."

That guy had a Neil Armstrong in his book, which is valuable, but I have a Gus Grissom on my photo, which is a rare autograph. So having all seven Mercury guys on the same photo is a rarity.

I doubt that I could sell it for $15,000 since Antiques Road Show is pretty generous with people, but I'm thinking I could maybe get half of that.

I don't collect autographs, by the way. I just stumbled into this one 30 years ago and have had it ever since.
[Reply]
threebag 10:13 PM 06-05-2022
I’ve got a 28’ Tracker Party Barge tritoon with a 150 on the back
[Reply]
threebag 06-05-2022, 10:13 PM
This message has been deleted by threebag. Reason: Double Post
Stewie 10:15 PM 06-05-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
This is an interesting question. Setting aside my house, my business, and my wife's car, my initial guess would be an autographed photo of the Mercury 7 astronauts. The last time I looked, I saw similar photos for sale at $5,000 or so, and figured that was the top end retail so it would bring less in the real world.

But a couple of months ago I saw an episode of Antiques Road Show where some fellow had a book that was autographed by a bunch of astronauts from different eras. The appraiser made some comment along the lines of "If this was an autographed photo, it would probably be in the $10,000 to $15,000 range, but it's worth less as a book."

That guy had a Neil Armstrong in his book, which is valuable, but I have a Gus Grissom on my photo, which is a rare autograph. So having all seven Mercury guys on the same photo is a rarity.

I doubt that I could sell it for $15,000 since Antiques Road Show is pretty generous with people, but I'm thinking I could maybe get half of that.

I don't collect autographs, by the way. I just stumbled into this one 30 years ago and have had it ever since.
That is awesome. I'm a NASA junkie about the moon landing years.

You have a gem.
[Reply]
ChiefGator 10:36 PM 06-05-2022
Probably my tractor.. both most expensive and most useful.

Second place (for getting the most use out of it) is my Honda EU2201 generator. Not the most expensive thing, but damn have I gotten use out of it.
[Reply]
Stewie 10:38 PM 06-05-2022
Stewie could be rich, BUT...

My dad got Muhammed Ali's autograph while he was training for the Thrilla in Manila.

I thought it was a good idea to enhance his autograph with a felt tipped pen.

Dumb Stewie.
[Reply]
Nickhead 10:46 PM 06-05-2022
Originally Posted by Stewie:
Stewie could be rich, BUT...

My dad got Muhammed Ali's autograph while he was training for the Thrilla in Manila.

I thought it was a good idea to enhance his autograph with a felt tipped pen.

Dumb Stewie.
ouch, did you scratch all his vinyl too? :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:48 PM 06-05-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
That's a nice display design.

What's a game used card?
my father-in-law who is now deceased hand built the frame and the card holders. My wife painted the background.

Pujols wore the jersey in the game. Stan Musial used the bat in a game. They cut it up into 18 pieces and put it into the card.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:25 AM 06-06-2022
Oh if we’re leaving out business assets, my IRAs are next up. If that’s not on the table, the wife’s wedding ring is probably next. After that? Idk. My phone? That’s mostly business, but I do post on CP when I’m waiting at an engine to see if it will die. :-)

I guess the bottom line is I’m a cheap bastard. LOL
[Reply]
Otter 06:46 AM 06-06-2022
My home office might be worth more than 50% of cars I see driving around. Hell, I wouldn't leave the house if it weren't for mountain biking, fly fishing, and the jogging path if I could pull it off.
[Reply]
Monticore 07:33 AM 06-06-2022
Probably some if the Persian rugs, we have about 7 10x12 is the biggest and half silk , she came home from an rug auction about 25 years ago with them at the time she got most of them for about 500$ some might be worth 20-40k , I should probably get them appraised at some point , might be the mosaic we got from the Vatican from one of their artisans that had just passed the stone pieces used are absolutely minuscule and it’s a very nice piece that probably worth a bit theses days.

My Scotty Cameron Napa putters have gone up in value but nothing major
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 07:39 AM 06-06-2022
If we’re excluding vehicles, and houses I’m not sure what my most expensive possession would be. Don’t have a boat, a computer, a big stereo, an expensive TV. I have tools I use for my job. I guess I spend all my money on vacations. 17-20 days out of the country every year is my biggest purchase every year.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 07:40 AM 06-06-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I have a couple reef tanks that are probably worth north of 10k and a couple coins that have similar value.

And this is why, though I’ve always wanted one, I still don’t have a saltwater tank.
[Reply]
seclark 07:57 AM 06-06-2022
I have an old jug of homemade corn whiskey my great grandfather made in his still(supposedly) back in the’40s. Never tried to open it because the cork is so old and jammed in the top so tight I was afraid to tear it up and fuck up the whole story.
sec
[Reply]
DCTwister 10:03 AM 06-06-2022
Fuck yes… What did you pay for it and what’s it worth now?

Originally Posted by In58men:
This is worth more than any gun I own and more than my RT-700 ReqTec smoker. My wedding band cost $25 lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

[Reply]
In58men 10:16 AM 06-06-2022
Originally Posted by DCTwister:
**** yes… What did you pay for it and what’s it worth now?
I paid exactly $133.50, it was a month or so after we drafted him.

Not sure the actual worth, but a few thousand from what I’ve been told.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 10
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up