7 Kyle Isbel, OF
8 Khali Lee, OF
9 Jonathan Bowlan, RHP
10 Carlos Hernedez, RHP
[Reply]
dlphg9 06:13 PM 09-30-2021
Originally Posted by poolboy:
I would be done with Chris Bassitt...move Keller to the pen
Moving Brad Keller to the pen is one of the stupidest ideas I've heard, only out dumbed by the trade Mondesi idea.

Why would you want to replace Keller with a 33 year old that the most innings pitched outside of this year is 144 and the most after that is 86 IP. No thanks. Dudes had a decent 3 year stretch, but absolutely no way I give up anything at all for him. We have pitchers we need to get a long good look at.
[Reply]
Pablo 06:15 PM 09-30-2021
Well that was a nice start
[Reply]
Stewie 06:31 PM 09-30-2021
I like this Zerpa dude so far. Actually keeps all his pitches near the strike zone. We'll see.
[Reply]
poolboy 06:46 PM 09-30-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Moving Brad Keller to the pen is one of the stupidest ideas I've heard, only out dumbed by the trade Mondesi idea.

Why would you want to replace Keller with a 33 year old that the most innings pitched outside of this year is 144 and the most after that is 86 IP. No thanks. Dudes had a decent 3 year stretch, but absolutely no way I give up anything at all for him. We have pitchers we need to get a long good look at.
Keller was a part time reliever when we rule 5'd him...
he could blaze away in the pen
[Reply]
ROYC75 07:30 PM 09-30-2021
Well the Sox ran away with the division, but going into tonight's game vs Cleveland, the total wins by the remaining 4 teams are,

Cleve. 77
Detroit 75
K C. 73
Minn 71

Pretty competitive amongst them.

What is sad, due to losing streaks the months of May, June & early July, close to 30 games, KC has rebounded well the 2nd half on a lot of young pitchers. This only bodes well for us next year if the pitching doesn't regress.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:01 PM 09-30-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I think it's reason #1. We'll see how the CBA changes this winter, though.

I'm not a betting man.

CBA changes this winter COULD change things. If there's no longer a reason to keep them down for a month and gain an extra year of control, he'll break the spring with the big-league club.

When have we dicked arojnd with service time ?
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:04 PM 09-30-2021
There’s a rocket double from Salvy. Looks like he’ll have plenty of power through the end of the year.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:12 PM 09-30-2021
Originally Posted by ROYC75:
Well the Sox ran away with the division, but going into tonight's game vs Cleveland, the total wins by the remaining 4 teams are,

Cleve. 77
Detroit 75
K C. 73
Minn 71

Pretty competitive amongst them.

What is sad, due to losing streaks the months of May, June & early July, close to 30 games, KC has rebounded well the 2nd half on a lot of young pitchers. This only bodes well for us next year if the pitching doesn't regress.
Actually if the Royals had played the Indians at .500, the Royals would have finished .500 for the year more than likely.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:18 PM 09-30-2021
Originally Posted by Stewie:
I like this Zerpa dude so far. Actually keeps all his pitches near the strike zone. We'll see.
He sucks. Hes been getting shelled in AA this year. Not sure what hes doing up here but I have no problem with it. Good to give young guy some experience.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:33 PM 09-30-2021
Originally Posted by Stewie:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
ROYC75 09:42 PM 09-30-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
He sucks. Hes been getting shelled in AA this year. Not sure what hes doing up here but I have no problem with it. Good to give young guy some experience.
Is there any evidence anywhere that you are actually a Royals fan? It would appear that to you everybody on the current roster sucks!

FTR, Zerpa pitched very well tonight, especially for his Big League day view!
[Reply]
Archie Bunker 11:33 AM 10-01-2021
Dad and I have tickets to tomorrow’s game. We live about 2-2.5 hours away. How’s the local forecasts looking? KY3 looks like thunderstorms all night, accuweather is starting to ease up on their model. Just trying to decide on whether I’m probably wasting 5 hrs in driving.

Thanks
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:31 PM 10-01-2021
Originally Posted by Archie Bunker:
Dad and I have tickets to tomorrow’s game. We live about 2-2.5 hours away. How’s the local forecasts looking? KY3 looks like thunderstorms all night, accuweather is starting to ease up on their model. Just trying to decide on whether I’m probably wasting 5 hrs in driving.

Thanks
I've been checking as well have a function in Kansas City that I'm going to. FOX4 in KC had radar that looked just spotty.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:56 PM 10-01-2021
Originally Posted by ROYC75:
Is there any evidence anywhere that you are actually a Royals fan? It would appear that to you everybody on the current roster sucks!

FTR, Zerpa pitched very well tonight, especially for his Big League day view!
I've been posting about Royals since I was 16 years old on here. Through many 100 loss seasons.

Zerpa upside is back of the rotation guy, we have alot of those. Maybe sucks is not the right word, but he's nothing to get excited about. Fandom, at least for me, is being impartial and not a sunshine pumper. I don't play the games. I don't need to be positive or rah rah rah. I want them all to do well, if possible.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 01:06 PM 10-01-2021
Ex-Royals shortstop Alcides Escobar, who is having a resurgent season, nears milestone

Originally Posted by :
Former Royals shortstop Alcides Escobar could be considered for a national award when the season ends.

That may be a surprise to fans who lost track of Escobar after he left the Royals following the 2018 season. He signed with the Orioles, who released him in March 2019. Escobar then joined with the White Sox, but he never made it out of Triple-A and was cut in early August.

Escobar played in Japan a year ago but came back to the U.S. and signed a minor-league deal with the Royals in May. He appeared in 35 games with Triple-A Omaha before being dealt to the Nationals in early July, shortly before Washington traded eight players,including star shortstop Trea Turner.

While the Nationals went into a rebuild mode, the 34-year-old Escobar has enjoyed a renaissance. Escobar is batting .287 with 20 doubles, 15 walks and 27 RBIs in 72 games. His on-base percentage of .336 is the highest of his career, other than a 10-game stint as a rookie in 2008.

Here’s another important stat: Escobar should reach 10 years of service time on Friday. That means he’ll be eligible to receive a full pension from Major League Baseball when his playing days end.

“Players who reach 10 years of major-league service time are statistical superheroes,” the MLB players union wrote. “Fewer than 10% in baseball history have played for a decade or more.”
Glad he was able to get the 10 year service time mark and finish his career on a high note.
[Reply]
Page 418 of 440
« First < 318368408414415416417418 419420421422428 > Last »
Up