ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3885 of 3903
« First < 2885338537853835387538813882388338843885 38863887388838893895 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
TLO 08:40 AM 06-27-2022
4 and 5

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...ine/index.html
[Reply]
chinaski 09:01 AM 06-27-2022
Coworker that I work closely with tested positive on Saturday. I took an at home test and PCR test at the local Urgent Care, both negative.

Woke up this morning and it feels like I have been run over by a truck. 101.4 Fever...Took another at home test, Negative. Weird.
[Reply]
TLO 10:19 AM 06-27-2022
Originally Posted by chinaski:
Coworker that I work closely with tested positive on Saturday. I took an at home test and PCR test at the local Urgent Care, both negative.

Woke up this morning and it feels like I have been run over by a truck. 101.4 Fever...Took another at home test, Negative. Weird.
I had a similar experience with the tests. I showed negative until after the day I started having symptoms and then popped the biggest bright red line I've ever seen on one of the at home tests. I mean like it took literally about 10 seconds and the line was a deep deep red.

You having any other symptoms besides the fever?
[Reply]
chinaski 11:29 AM 06-27-2022
Originally Posted by Hank Hill:
I had a similar experience with the tests. I showed negative until after the day I started having symptoms and then popped the biggest bright red line I've ever seen on one of the at home tests. I mean like it took literally about 10 seconds and the line was a deep deep red.

You having any other symptoms besides the fever?
Bad congestion, hurts to cough. Very similar to bronchitis. Body aches, scratchy throat…fatigue. :-)

Vaxxed and boosted fwiw
[Reply]
TLO 10:36 AM 06-30-2022
Bad congestion, hurts to cough. Very similar to bronchitis. Body aches, scratchy throat…fatigue. :-)

Vaxxed and boosted fwiw
How are you feeling?
[Reply]
BigRichard 10:57 AM 06-30-2022
Man, did my first booster this week and boy it kicks my ass. My second dose did the same thing to me. I think I was sicker on my initial second dose but not far off from the booster. For 2 days now sweats and chills and feel like complete garbage. My lymph nodes under my arm are really swollen and soar. You can visually see a huge lump in my arm pit on the side I got the shot.

I caught Covid once and to be honest I might just take my chances going forward at this point. Catching Covid was slightly worse as I had a horrible sore throat but that is about the only difference.
[Reply]
chinaski 11:05 AM 06-30-2022
How are you feeling?
It’s been a rough couple of days. I did test positive on Tuesday. My doc prescribed Paxlovid, which is a newer treatment with emergency use from the .gov

It’s helping, especially with the upper respiratory part of it. Side effects have been diarrhea and a touch of nausea.

I feel like I’m improving. Thanks for asking!
[Reply]
chinaski 11:06 AM 06-30-2022
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
Man, did my first booster this week and boy it kicks my ass. My second dose did the same thing to me. I think I was sicker on my initial second dose but not far off from the booster. For 2 days now sweats and chills and feel like complete garbage. My lymph nodes under my arm are really swollen and soar. You can visually see a huge lump in my arm pit on the side I got the shot.

I caught Covid once and to be honest I might just take my chances going forward at this point. Catching Covid was slightly worse as I had a horrible sore throat but that is about the only difference.
The second booster kicked my ass as well…
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:19 AM 06-30-2022
The second booster kicked my ass as well…
Yeah, I was hoping the second booster would go easily, but it was just like all of the others. I was fine for 24 hours and then all of a sudden I was down for the count for 24 hours. This one may have even taken longer to get back to normal.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 12:55 PM 06-30-2022
Originally Posted by BigRichard:

Considering the vaccine in it's current form is pretty much useless against the variants circulating right now, not sure why anyone is getting boosters until they update the shots.
[Reply]
wazu 12:55 PM 06-30-2022
Anecdotal, but there are a ton of people at my workplace who are out with COVID right now, spanning multiple countries and states, including KC. Would say easily it's an all-time high. Weird because don't really see some huge spike on the COVID tracking sites.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 01:00 PM 06-30-2022
Originally Posted by wazu:
Anecdotal, but there are a ton of people at my workplace who are out with COVID right now, spanning multiple countries and states, including KC. Would say easily it's an all-time high. Weird because don't really see some huge spike on the COVID tracking sites.
People aren't reporting testing from home tests, and they mailed out millions of them.
[Reply]
TLO 01:12 PM 06-30-2022
Originally Posted by wazu:
We're not at OG Omicron levels yet, but yes, lots of people getting sick right now
[Reply]
TLO 01:13 PM 06-30-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Considering the vaccine in it's current form is pretty much useless against the variants circulating right now, not sure why anyone is getting boosters until they update the shots.
Well that's certainly not true.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 01:14 PM 06-30-2022
Well that's certainly not true.
Based on what I read today it certainly is. You can link me up though I'm totally open to being wrong. Media isn't exactly reliable.
[Reply]
Page 3885 of 3903
« First < 2885338537853835387538813882388338843885 38863887388838893895 > Last »
Up