ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 33 of 39
« First < 232930313233 34353637 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Dental experiences with O.City
O.city 09:02 PM 12-04-2019
Had a pretty interesting day today at the office. Morning was pretty normal, drill and fill, check hygiene, extract a tooth etc. Nothing too out of the ordinary.

Pretty normal lunch. Trolled around on CP, ate an apple and a handful of wheat thins.

Then the afternoon hit.

I see inmates from the county jail here in town if they have a tooth ache or something, sheriff or deputy will call up and bring them up in shackles and the whole bit. It's not big deal, most of them are just happy to get out of pain and it's not a problem. So dude comes in, my assistant goes in to ask the normal "which tooth is bothering you, let me get an xray, blah blah". I was in the lab doing something so I wasn't really paying attention. She comes in and says "doc, you will need to come look at something" to which I responded "he need a tooth out, which tooth is hurting"?

"All of them". Huh, ok, weird response but lets go check it out. Sure enough, continued meth use pretty much causes things to not go so well intraorally, so he was pretty much decayed out and most teeth were broken off to the gumline (google meth mouth if you want to see it, i'm not messing with photos). Asked if I could extract all 26 teeth he had left in the 30 minute block we had on the schedule for him.

I laughed, said "nah, which one hurts the worst, we'll take that out". He pointed to one, I numbed it up, used an elevator to take it out, about 30 seconds worth of pressure and it was pretty lose. 2 teeth next to it are super mobile and infected (which starts draining as I get this one out, that smelt nice) so I told him he was getting 2 free extractions since he was already numb in that area and they were loose and I was right there, no harm no foul.

It's always fun when we see the inmates, the Sheriff comes up and sits in the room with them all serious, then when I come in the room we talk about hunting or why the Chiefs always break hearts or something.

He breaks down and starts crying thanking me, that he already felt better (if you saw the amount of infection I drained, you'd see why) and asked if he could make an appointment for when he got out. "Sure, how long you think you'll be in this predicament".

"I figure 4 or 5 years, you scheduling ahead that far yet"? Told him nah, just take care of himself and come see me when he gets out.

Next patient is an amish guy (we have a fairly big amish community near us), super nice guy, needs a crown. Asks if he can barter instead of pay, I ask what is in it for me, said he'd bring me a dozen eggs every week for 6 months (they have chicken barns or something) or I could have a quarter of one of the cows they're butchering. Sold, eggs and beef for a crown, sign me up.

Only problem with that is he scheduled an appointment for himself, but brought 4 other family members who all needed work done.

So we had a waiting room full of inmates and Amish this afternoon. Thought that might be a good name of a band or something.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:08 AM 06-27-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Did you floss? I get fiber from apples in my teeth if I eat them. If I left it over night it would be unhappy.

Floss, folks

(O I need to be on your payroll I’ll even be a 1099 contractor. W-9 is in the mail)
I did not. Brushed when I got up unhappy is one way to put it lol
[Reply]
O.city 01:57 PM 07-26-2022
Pulled a tooth on an older lady today with no anesthetic. Tough ol broad.
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:10 PM 07-26-2022
WTF? Just plopped her down and yoinked that bitch?
[Reply]
O.city 02:35 PM 07-26-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
WTF? Just plopped her down and yoinked that bitch?
Sure did.

It was a failed root canal so it had some bone loss and was somewhat mobile but it didn't just pop right out. She sat and didn't move.
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:38 PM 07-26-2022
Cut me Mick
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:25 AM 07-27-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Sure did.

It was a failed root canal so it had some bone loss and was somewhat mobile but it didn't just pop right out. She sat and didn't move.
Why didn't you numb her up?
[Reply]
O.city 07:27 AM 07-27-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Why didn't you numb her up?
She didn't want any anesthetic.
[Reply]
O.city 08:38 AM 10-06-2022
Lets have a fireside chat this am about some dental things that have gone awry for ol Doc O.city recently.

So I had an 11 year old in the chair doing some fillings on this week. He decided lick the drill bit while it was spinning at 40k RPM's. "Do I taste blood".

Yeah, man.

I was holding his tongue with the mirror and he decided to just Gene Simmons it and go hulk tongue. Had to stitch up his tongue, brought mom back and showed her etc. All was fine, had him back today healed up already no issue.

Was putting an implant abutment/crown on the actual implant. Torquing it down, screw head snapped off. Spent an hour having to make my own "flathead" trough in the screw part left without damaging the threads in the implant body. Ended up backing it out somehow. Dodged a bullet there.

Just one shit show after another.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:21 AM 10-06-2022
Lets have a fireside chat this am about some dental things that have gone awry for ol Doc O.city recently.

So I had an 11 year old in the chair doing some fillings on this week. He decided lick the drill bit while it was spinning at 40k RPM's. "Do I taste blood".

Yeah, man.

I was holding his tongue with the mirror and he decided to just Gene Simmons it and go hulk tongue. Had to stitch up his tongue, brought mom back and showed her etc. All was fine, had him back today healed up already no issue.

Was putting an implant abutment/crown on the actual implant. Torquing it down, screw head snapped off. Spent an hour having to make my own "flathead" trough in the screw part left without damaging the threads in the implant body. Ended up backing it out somehow. Dodged a bullet there.

Just one shit show after another.
I think it's the year man, I don't talk to anybody that doesn't have a shitshow going on. Drought is driving a bunch of ours but suppliers, applicators all of it seems like shitshow.
[Reply]
O.city 05:49 PM 10-27-2022
Was on the other side today. Had a root canal retreated about a year ago blow up on me. Miserable couple days.

Had a buddy here in town take it out for me today and graft the site.

Not a fan of being in the chair but thankfully it’s done
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:24 PM 10-27-2022
Was on the other side today. Had a root canal retreated about a year ago blow up on me. Miserable couple days.

Now you can say, and be accurate, "this part is going to hurt!!"
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:42 AM 10-28-2022
Went to the dentist yesterday for the first time in 7 years.

Got X-rays and shit, I have an issue where I took a baseball to the mouth back when I was pitching (I don't talk about baseball much anymore...)

Anyway, I never got the root canal that was recommended, so now everything is calcified around the roots of the two front teeth - which is great for me.

Good news - NO CAVITIES. I brush and floss once a day, in the morning. And maybe once at night if I'm gonna get laid. But I use Tom's toothpaste and mouthwash, and like those Dentek plaquers.

I do not understand how people don't floss everyday. It's why you have bad breath - promise.

Katie, the girl at the front, she's a CUTIE, and we were flirting our asses off. She would look around the corner and smile at me when I was chomping down on the thing for my x-rays...I come out after my cleaning and she goes "how'd ya do?" I go "NO CAVITIES" and she lights up goes "you get a GOLD STAR!" I go "really!?" all excited-like (hoping the 'gold star' is her vagina, really.

She looks down all disappointed, she goes "no..." but then gets all bright and happy again and goes "but I have all these STICKERS!"

She chose classic Disney characters, I chose a Goofy sticker (for obvious reasons), and I think I'm going to call back and ask if I left my glasses, and to be like "well Katie, here's my cell number - hit me up if you find them. Or even if you don't - I'll get new glasses."

O.city, what's the protocol for picking up on the office girls and dental hygienists?

Asking for a fiend.
[Reply]
O.city 07:49 AM 10-28-2022
It's a first come first serve situation with the girls so have at it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:51 AM 10-28-2022

When a dentist is scared to go to the dentist...well, yeah, that says a lot. LOL
[Reply]
notorious 07:54 AM 10-28-2022
Rabs would give his eye-teeth for a date with Katie.
[Reply]
Page 33 of 39
« First < 232930313233 34353637 > Last »
Up