ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 70 of 284
« First < 20606667686970 7172737480120170 > Last »
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
Mennonite 05:12 PM 09-17-2014
Enemies Closer (2013)

I watched Universal Soldier: Regeneration (2009) and it was better than I thought it would be, so I gave this STV JCVD flick a shot. It wasn't very good.

JCVD has evolved into Cesar Romero:

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:21 PM 09-17-2014
Been watching the young indiana jones chronicles.

They aren't great, but if you like history they are fucking awesome. The little kid Indy episodes are slightly annoying, but it's fun watching the dynamic with him and Henry Jones.

The series really picks up when Sean Patrick Flanery takes over as young adult Indy. Fucking awesome seeing him ride with Pancho Villa.

Each episode is an hour and a half, too. They're like mini-films. Really great stuff.

You can also see them laying the groundwork for executing some of the technology that was used in the Prequels. The CGI is very rough but it's clear what they are doing.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 05:38 PM 09-17-2014
When did Jean-Claude Van Damme start hitting the pipe? Jeez he's really lost it in his old age, first he's playing bongos in a go Daddy commercial now he's dropping acid and pretending he's Cesar Romero?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:18 PM 09-17-2014
Originally Posted by PackerinMo:
When did Jean-Claude Van Damme start hitting the pipe? Jeez he's really lost it in his old age, first he's playing bongos in a go Daddy commercial now he's dropping acid and pretending he's Cesar Romero?
I think he's just trying to develop, or show off, a sense of humor.

Anyone who can pull this off is at least somewhat sound of mind and body.

[Reply]
-King- 01:18 AM 09-18-2014
Originally Posted by Fried Meat Ball!:
Apparently, the director cited Honest Trailers as the reason it's so good. He didn't want Honest Trailers to be able to pick apart the logic.
Eh. Still has some logic issues. For example, if they used the face transforming thing Natasha was wearing at the end, the whole movie would have been over in 5 minutes.
[Reply]
Rausch 07:12 AM 09-18-2014
Originally Posted by -King-:
Eh. Still has some logic issues. For example, if they used the face transforming thing Natasha was wearing at the end, the whole movie would have been over in 5 minutes.
That, and you're not storing any kind of artificial intelligence in a bunch of reel to reel computers...not a chance...
[Reply]
thabear04 12:11 AM 09-19-2014
Just seen Million Dollar Arm good movie.
[Reply]
-King- 01:26 AM 09-21-2014
Just finished Purge Anarchy and I kind of hate myself for it. Movie is just terrible.
[Reply]
ragedogg69 12:15 PM 09-21-2014
edge of tomorrow. great movie, terrible ending.
[Reply]
Mennonite 12:46 PM 09-21-2014
Originally Posted by ragedogg69:
edge of tomorrow. great movie, terrible ending.

It had some potential, but I was disappointed with it over all.

SPOILERS

I agree with you that the happy ending just didn't feel right. It didn't seem to be thought out very well. Why would he be transported back to that exact point? It just seemed to be a tacked on happy ending that leaves the possibility for a sequel and not something that actually fit the story.

My main issue is, while I like I like the "Groundhog's Day" plot, I don't particularly care for their explanation for why it is happening. If the aliens have the power to hit the reset button on the entire universe, you would think they would have the intelligence to come up with a better plan than the trap they set for Cruise at the dam. Why would you even bother with a military invasion with that kind of power?
[Reply]
ragedogg69 01:14 PM 09-21-2014
Im not even mad about the logic of the film. Its a movie about time traveling aliens. The writing completely falls apart when
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:40 PM 09-21-2014
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
It had some potential, but I was disappointed with it over all.

SPOILERS

I agree with you that the happy ending just didn't feel right. It didn't seem to be thought out very well. Why would he be transported back to that exact point? It just seemed to be a tacked on happy ending that leaves the possibility for a sequel and not something that actually fit the story.

My main issue is, while I like I like the "Groundhog's Day" plot, I don't particularly care for their explanation for why it is happening. If the aliens have the power to hit the reset button on the entire universe, you would think they would have the intelligence to come up with a better plan than the trap they set for Cruise at the dam. Why would you even bother with a military invasion with that kind of power?
Not complaining, but we have a button/tag specifically for spoilers

Spoiler!

[Reply]
thabear04 07:42 PM 09-24-2014

[Reply]
Rausch 12:03 PM 09-25-2014
Resolution: um...yeah. I like the mind-benders but I'm still not sure WTF was going on in this one. I like loved the build up and dialogue between the two main characters but a very WTF ending.

Mirage Men: very interesting. A doc about UFO investigators and a government dis-information agent who admits to to feeding them BS for years.

Unidentified/Absence: two found footage UFO movies so terrible I wouldn't bother watching either. Even if you're waiting in a hospital and it's the only thing on.
[Reply]
Easy 6 12:26 PM 09-25-2014
Watched "Lincoln" yesterday afternoon... exquisitely acted, exacting period detail, great cinematography, and extremely boring.
[Reply]
Page 70 of 284
« First < 20606667686970 7172737480120170 > Last »
Up