ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 66 of 284
« First < 16566263646566 6768697076116166 > Last »
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:06 AM 08-27-2014
Finally saw the Hunger Games movies. Loved both.

Can't wait for November.

Also, I wasn't sure about rooting for a female protagonist since I've been raised by our backwards society to root for male leads 95 percent of the time. I actually really enjoyed Jennifer Lawrence, and not just for her boobies.

I'm hoping Daisy Ridley can pull off something similar in the new Star Wars trilogy. In fact, I'm pretty sure that's what they're going for.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:28 AM 08-27-2014
Originally Posted by Count Zarth:

Can't wait for November.

Also, I wasn't sure about rooting for a female protagonist since I've been raised by our backwards society to root for male leads 95 percent of the time. I actually really enjoyed Jennifer Lawrence, and not just for her boobies.

I'm hoping Daisy Ridley can pull off something similar in the new Star Wars trilogy. In fact, I'm pretty sure that's what they're going for.
Except they split the third book into 2 movies.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:32 PM 08-27-2014
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Except they split the third book into 2 movies.
Works for me.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:04 AM 08-29-2014

[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 10:33 AM 08-30-2014
Anyone seen The Pervert's Guide to Ideology? It's a documentary, and available on Netflix.

I rather enjoyed it, if you like history of the cinema and it's role / impact within culture.

The title is a bit odd.
[Reply]
Rausch 10:47 AM 08-30-2014
Originally Posted by Count Zarth:
:-)

Watch Coherence or Fringe and enjoy a real female lead...
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:43 AM 08-31-2014
I saw Sin City 2 3D yesterday. The 3D was fantastic early on but seemed to fade as the movie went on. Story was much weaker than the first one and it seemed overall less violent. Decent enough though and Eva Green's breastessszzsss.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:09 AM 08-31-2014
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I saw Sin City 2 3D yesterday. The 3D was fantastic early on but seemed to fade as the movie went on. Story was much weaker than the first one and it seemed overall less violent. Decent enough though and Eva Green's breastessszzsss.
That movie got destroyed by the Star's reviewer. That alone made me want to see it.
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:17 AM 08-31-2014
Originally Posted by Bowser:
That movie got destroyed by the Star's reviewer. That alone made me want to see it.
It was a pretty sorry attempt at a sequel, I was ready for it to be over by the time it ended. It was alright for an afternoon flick during a holiday weekend though, except for the over-laugher sitting in the row behind me. You know the guy that laughs hysterically at any mildly humorous one liner. He was so annoying that I actually stayed through the credits until the lights came on so I could get a look at what this epic dumbass looked like. Kind of like when someone is driving slow in the left lane and you weave in an out of traffic to get up next to them so you can see what kind of dumbass even does that.

It's really why I only go to one or two movies every year.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:23 AM 08-31-2014
It was a pretty sorry attempt at a sequel, I was ready for it to be over by the time it ended. It was alright for an afternoon flick during a holiday weekend though, except for the over-laugher sitting in the row behind me. You know the guy that laughs hysterically at any mildly humorous one liner. He was so annoying that I actually stayed through the credits until the lights came on so I could get a look at what this epic dumbass looked like. Kind of like when someone is driving slow in the left lane and you weave in an out of traffic to get up next to them so you can see what kind of dumbass even does that.

That was you? Sorry man. My therapist says it's good to get out and laugh, but said nothing about at the expense of others. I'll buy you a beer at the overpriced AMC bar next time.

(but seriously, nothing is worse at a movie. I've actually moved before due to clowns and their uncontrollable not-well-timed laughter in movies)
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:27 AM 08-31-2014
Originally Posted by Bowser:
That was you? Sorry man. My therapist says it's good to get out and laugh, but said nothing about at the expense of others. I'll buy you a beer at the overpriced AMC bar next time.

(but seriously, nothing is worse at a movie. I've actually moved before due to clowns and their uncontrollable not-well-timed laughter in movies)
Lol, he was bald with a goatee.

Mickey Rourke's character: "The city was dark and it has been 2 days since I cracked some skulls."

Over-laugher behind me: "BWWAAAAAHHHAAAAA! oh, man!"
[Reply]
Bowser 09:29 AM 08-31-2014
Lol, he was bald with a goatee.

Mickey Rourke's character: "The city was dark and it has been 2 days since I cracked some skulls."

Over-laugher behind me: "BWWAAAAAHHHAAAAA! oh, man!"
:-)

Props on not turning around and chucking your Milk Duds at him one at a time.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:37 AM 08-31-2014
I actually really want to see Sin City 2. Because I love bad movies that revel in their awfulness.

But the fucking theater here REFUSES to take it off the 3D showing, which means 9.50 minimum. I usually go to 5.50 matinees. I REFUSE to pay 10 bucks to see Sin City 2.

Maybe next week.
[Reply]
-King- 10:29 AM 08-31-2014

:-):-) Reminds me of the Louis CK joke.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:27 PM 09-02-2014
Finally got around to watching Amazing Spiderman 2. It wasn't bad.
[Reply]
Page 66 of 284
« First < 16566263646566 6768697076116166 > Last »
Up