ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 65 of 284
« First < 15556162636465 6667686975115165 > Last »
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
listopencil 12:03 AM 08-20-2014
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
So, this is probably old news, but I just saw that Michael Douglas is playing Hank Pym, so they're are obviously including a passing of the torch plotline.

Also, with the announcement of further details about the Dr. Strange movie upcoming, what are people's thoughts and feelings about Marvel announcing not only will his movie not be an origin story, but that they are not doing origin stories for movies going forward?

Seems a bit ballsy...

I want to see the origin stories.
[Reply]
Frosty 12:05 AM 08-20-2014
Originally Posted by listopencil:
I took my son to go see this when it was playing in theaters. We really enjoyed it. My son was stunned when it was over. He didn't realize that we had been sitting there so long. That's pretty good for a 15 year old that isn't really into the genre all that much. In fact he has gotten more into (somewhat) similar stuff since watching that movie. I would have loved almost any other major or minor actor playing Keanu Reeves' part, but they limited his role enough to get over it.
Yeah, he barely spoke, which helped a lot.

I am not a Keanu hater; he just didn't fit the role that well. For one thing, he is a little old to be playing the part he did. For another, he doesn't look remotely Japanese.
[Reply]
Rausch 12:28 AM 08-22-2014
Just watched I'll Follow You Down.

The kid from The Sixth Sense is all grown up and the lead. Skully is his mother. Pretty good cast really.

Technically a sci-fi flick but more character driven. I'd recommend it as a rent. I liked it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0tBBJVPh6c
[Reply]
listopencil 12:59 AM 08-22-2014
Originally Posted by Frosty:
Yeah, he barely spoke, which helped a lot.

I am not a Keanu hater; he just didn't fit the role that well. For one thing, he is a little old to be playing the part he did. For another, he doesn't look remotely Japanese.

That would have been a great part for a relatively young foreign actor. I don't know...maybe it wouldn't have been made, or it wouldn't have gotten the same budget, without a "name" in it. The rest of the cast carried the film nicely though.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:32 PM 08-23-2014
Currently watching a most excellent flic on TNT... The Island with Ewan McGregor, Scarlett Johannsen, Sean Bean, Buscemi and Djmon Honsou.

Pretty sure its the heaviest subject matter you'll ever see Michael Bay involved with... in the not too distant future rich people are growing clones of themselves for spare organs, skin transplants etc. Scar Jo and Ewan are clones who escape and go in search of their "sponsors".

Very good movie, an easy 3 of 4 stars... the only thing keeping it from 4 for me is that in true Bay style a few of the action sequences strain credulity, but still an excellent movie.

Oh! and Tig from SOA in a role as a scientist... you'd hardly recognize the guy, the mark of a great actor.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:05 PM 08-23-2014

[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 05:25 PM 08-23-2014
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Currently watching a most excellent flic on TNT... The Island with Ewan McGregor, Scarlett Johannsen, Sean Bean, Buscemi and Djmon Honsou.

Pretty sure its the heaviest subject matter you'll ever see Michael Bay involved with... in the not too distant future rich people are growing clones of themselves for spare organs, skin transplants etc. Scar Jo and Ewan are clones who escape and go in search of their "sponsors".

Very good movie, an easy 3 of 4 stars... the only thing keeping it from 4 for me is that in true Bay style a few of the action sequences strain credulity, but still an excellent movie.

Oh! and Tig from SOA in a role as a scientist... you'd hardly recognize the guy, the mark of a great actor.
It didn't get that great of reviews, but I thought it was a lot better than the people who panned it as a dud. At the least it's definitely worth a watch.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:33 PM 08-24-2014
Anyone see Sin City yet?
[Reply]
Bowser 05:41 PM 08-24-2014
This looks like a total mind fuck...

[Reply]
ragedogg69 09:03 PM 08-24-2014

Scarlett wanted to do a nude scene in that. she thought it was unrealistic to keep her cloths on. Bay wanted PG-13 so he refused.

Also, this movie is a pretty big rip off of a MST3K movie.

Still a pretty good popcorn flick.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:57 PM 08-24-2014
This movie.

YES.
[Reply]
listopencil 10:02 PM 08-24-2014
Originally Posted by ragedogg69:
Scarlett wanted to do a nude scene in that. she thought it was unrealistic to keep her cloths on. Bay wanted PG-13 so he refused.
I hate him now.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:31 AM 08-25-2014

[Reply]
lcarus 10:36 AM 08-25-2014

I like that movie.
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:07 PM 08-26-2014
Just finished Noah and here's my review...

Its the biggest piece of shit I've rented in atleast five years, I'm tempted to ask for my money back when I return it.
[Reply]
Page 65 of 284
« First < 15556162636465 6667686975115165 > Last »
Up