ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 63 of 284
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773113163 > Last »
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
thabear04 03:43 PM 08-15-2014
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Tell me you are dyslexic and there wasn't a sequel to Jarhead.

[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 05:23 PM 08-15-2014
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Just finished Coherence.

Wow. If you got lost during Primer this flick will rape your mind.

It's a indie sci-fi/mystery. The idea that a comet would cause what happens to happen in the movie is pretty lame but once you get beyond that it pulls you in. For about the 1st third of the movie you don't know if it's aliens, time travel, ghosts, etc...

http://coherencethemovie.com/
Great suggestion, my friend!

I've got my ideas, but the 1st time I watched it was more to simply take in the story. Like you, I'll definitely be watching it a few more times with a more critical eye.

Loved the simplicity of the ability to make this and yet truly create an engaging mindbender!

My only frustration lies in wanting to see what happens after the call from "her"!

Feel free to link any analysis or breakdown about it. I'll definitely be interested and recommending this around to friends and family.
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 06:28 PM 08-15-2014
Originally Posted by -King-:
I've probably watched about 2 minutes total of LoTRs. And that was when I was in the waiting room at my mechanic.
Even at 2 minutes, you gotta fight the urge to inflict pain to distract you from the epic fail you're watching.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:00 PM 08-15-2014
Sounds like fantasy just isn't your bag. Those are great movies.
[Reply]
KcMizzou 10:02 PM 08-15-2014
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Sounds like fantasy just isn't your bag. Those are great movies.
That's right.
[Reply]
NewChief 10:30 AM 08-16-2014
Seems like you need an entire day just to watch the conclusion of the last movie.
The kids and I recently watched all of them over the course of a few nights as a farewell to summer and nights without a bedtime. We were watching the extended editions... holy COW... they are long. It adds like an hour to RotK. I was all about letting them stay up late, but they were up until like 11:00pm, and we were starting the movies at around 7.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:21 PM 08-16-2014
Watched Presumed Innocent with Harrison Ford last night. Fucking awesome flick. Very underrated Ford performance.
[Reply]
Rausch 03:34 PM 08-16-2014
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
Great suggestion, my friend!

I've got my ideas, but the 1st time I watched it was more to simply take in the story. Like you, I'll definitely be watching it a few more times with a more critical eye.

Loved the simplicity of the ability to make this and yet truly create an engaging mindbender!

My only frustration lies in wanting to see what happens after the call from "her"!

Feel free to link any analysis or breakdown about it. I'll definitely be interested and recommending this around to friends and family.
A lot of great info in here but will completely ruin the film for anyone that hasn't watched it yet.
Spoiler!

I've been waiting for someone else to watch it. It's one of those you want to discuss with someone as soon as it's over...

Some spoilers

[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 05:24 PM 08-16-2014
Originally Posted by Count Zarth:
Watched Presumed Innocent with Harrison Ford last night. Fucking awesome flick. Very underrated Ford performance.
Unrelated other than it just seems I group them together based on the era of release and type of movie, but have you seen Jagged Edge or A Dry White Season ? If not, do give them a viewing.

On a sidenote, I know pretty well and used to work with the attorney that wrote Presumed Innocent . Pretty cool guy.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 05:25 PM 08-16-2014
Originally Posted by Rausch:
A lot of great info in here but will completely ruin the film for anyone that hasn't watched it yet.
Spoiler!

I've been waiting for someone else to watch it. It's one of those you want to discuss with someone as soon as it's over...

Some spoilers

Excellent. I will check it out.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:18 PM 08-16-2014
Unrelated other than it just seems I group them together based on the era of release and type of movie, but have you seen Jagged Edge or A Dry White Season ? If not, do give them a viewing.

On a sidenote, I know pretty well and used to work with the attorney that wrote Presumed Innocent . Pretty cool guy.
One of my most proud reading moments was when I figured out the twist in Presumed Innocent about 1/3 of the way through the book. If you've read it, it was when Ford's character broke down looking at the drinking glasses at his home.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 07:17 PM 08-16-2014
One of my most proud reading moments was when I figured out the twist in Presumed Innocent about 1/3 of the way through the book. If you've read it, it was when Ford's character broke down looking at the drinking glasses at his home.
Smart cookie
:-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:43 PM 08-16-2014
Smart cookie
Did you ever read Turow's '1-L?'

Also, if I may ask, in what stead you worked with him. I know he's been involved in The Innocence Project, or some similar anti-death penalty organization of late.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 08:25 PM 08-16-2014
Did you ever read Turow's '1-L?'

Also, if I may ask, in what stead you worked with him. I know he's been involved in The Innocence Project, or some similar anti-death penalty organization of late.
Large case involving insurance fraud - on the part of the insurers not the policy holders and a handful of other stuff back in my days at Sonnenschein - probably circa 2008. He was given carte blanche, even with all the smoking prohibitions at work he was able to in his office as he saw fit. His office was awesome- decked out in smokey leather it was like a trophy room meets a social club parlor meets a cigar room with just a splash of English refinement.

Ya, I'm familiar with 1L, but it was never a book that grabbed me. Maybe it's the layman's effect?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:06 AM 08-17-2014
Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan:
Watched Her. I like Spike Jonze and his movies but this one was just ok for me. Phoenix did a great job and the Directing really was top notch but the movie just draaaags. Plus the topic has been done a little too much recently.
Spike has moved onto the 'can do no wrong' ladder for me, along with Coens, Scorsese, and Tarantino. Adaptation is among my top 5 ALL TIME movie experiences, of all things redeems Nic Cage!! That's like 40 on the John Travolta 1-10 Pulp Fiction redemption scale. Being John Malkovich is revelatory. Synechdoche, Martha Focker!!
[Reply]
Page 63 of 284
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773113163 > Last »
Up