ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 244 of 286
« First < 144194234240241242243244 245246247248254 > Last »
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
sully1983 08:08 PM 07-14-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Yep. And him and his brother co-directed Dumb and Dumber, Kingpin and There’s Something about Mary
Oh no doubt!f They are so damn talented. Only reason I choose Hall Pass as the example is because of how raunchy /sorta stupid and no where near as highly regarded as There's Something About Mary, Dumb & Dumber or Kingpin.
now he's a multiple Oscar winner. Incredible haha. God bless him.
[Reply]
sully1983 09:31 PM 07-15-2021
The Tomorrow War was cringe worthy bad. Seriously one of the worst sci fi film/laughably stupid time travel movie I've seen in quite some time.
I was aware that the directors of the Lego movie did this I knew it wasn't going to be gritty. A lot of the humor fell so flat and Pratt was okay (he did all he could and is usually good in most stuff) but damn the surrounding cast??! Holy shit they were bad.

4/10
[Reply]
sully1983 03:30 PM 07-18-2021
Host
whoa this was actually pretty ****ing good! Found footage type films are usually are very hit or miss (usually lame) but damn this one was very well executed. The jump scares were well placed and effective, the acting was pretty good by some young unknown actresses. Also loved the sense of dread in this little film from start to finish .

I highly recommend it!
[Reply]
Bowser 06:52 PM 07-19-2021
Cosmic Sin on Netflix.

Just.......don't.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 08:41 PM 07-19-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Cosmic Sin on Netflix.

Just.......don't.
Agreed... It was bad. Like Breach on Amazon.

D
U
M
B

What happened to Bruce Willis? He doesn't appear to even try to act now.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:00 PM 07-20-2021
So i watched the new Space Jam....

Fuck the haters, i was entertained. I thought it was a good KIDS movie. My son and my niece (14 & 11) both enjoyed it. The way they wove all of WB's properties into the movie was pretty cool, i thought.

Having King Kong, The Night King (GoT), The Gremlins etc as part of the crowd was a "cute" addition.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:33 AM 07-21-2021

via Gfycat

[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:25 AM 07-21-2021
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:36 AM 07-21-2021
Why isn't there a Dune thread?

Also I read Dune in 7th grade and if anyone told me my classmate would one day play Piter...

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:15 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
So i watched the new Space Jam....

Fuck the haters, i was entertained. I thought it was a good KIDS movie. My son and my niece (14 & 11) both enjoyed it. The way they wove all of WB's properties into the movie was pretty cool, i thought.

Having King Kong, The Night King (GoT), The Gremlins etc as part of the crowd was a "cute" addition.
My 8 year old loved it, too. I thought LeBron's acting was rather stiff (he was much better in Trainwreck, IMO) but otherwise, it was a fun kid's movie, as you said.

Critics have been slamming the overuse of WB owned characters in nearly every review but I don't see that as a problem, at all.

Who else are they supposed to have in the crowd when they're literally inside of the Warner Brothers server?
[Reply]
sully1983 03:42 PM 07-21-2021
I caught the new Nicolas Cage film called Pig in theaters the other day and thought it was great & very moving/touching.
Living alone in the Oregon wilderness, a truffle hunter returns to Portland to find the person who stole his beloved pig.

If you're going into this expecting a John Wick type of revenge action film...you will be in for a world of disappointment haha . It is more of a character study and Cage is excellent in this. Very restrained / subdued performance from Cage ( you could see the pain/suffering in his eyes & voice/mannerisms ) . Just a really good film all around. If you dig Cage films or indie films, check this film out!
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:45 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
My 8 year old loved it, too. I thought LeBron's acting was rather stiff (he was much better in Trainwreck, IMO) but otherwise, it was a fun kid's movie, as you said.

Critics have been slamming the overuse of WB owned characters in nearly every review but I don't see that as a problem, at all.

Who else are they supposed to have in the crowd when they're literally inside of the Warner Brothers server?
Yes enjoyed it. It was fun. The Michael Jordan joke was worth the price of admission alone.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:13 PM 07-29-2021
Has anyone given Boss Level on Hulu a go yet? It's a bloody as hell Groundhog Day. I thoroughly enjoyed it, maybe because I was not expecting anything from it. Great shoot 'em up time waster.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:42 PM 07-30-2021
Just got done watching Jungle Cruise. We both really liked it. They were clearly going for a Pirates of the Caribbean feel and I think they did a good job at that. If you liked those movies, even just the first one, you will probably like Jungle Cruise. Maybe the most surprising thing was the recurring use of Nothing Else Matters for the music but it’s a great song and seemed to fit in well but I’m not exactly a movie music expert.
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:59 AM 08-01-2021
I watched The Hunt last night. It was a decent enough mindless action/comedy. Plus Betty Gilpin is stacked.
[Reply]
Page 244 of 286
« First < 144194234240241242243244 245246247248254 > Last »
Up