ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 284
« First < 71314151617 181920212767117 > Last »
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:18 PM 02-01-2014
Originally Posted by KcMizzou:
Just watched "Memento" on Netflix. So good.

If Christopher Nolan's ever made a bad movie, I haven't seen it.
Wasn't a huge fan of Insomniac. But "Following"... that's a short and pretty interesting one.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:34 PM 02-01-2014
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Wasn't a huge fan of Insomniac. But "Following"... that's a short and pretty interesting one.
Insomnia. And I thought that was pretty solid as well.
[Reply]
ragedogg69 08:15 PM 02-01-2014
The first was the best, IMO. Really date rapey at first.. I really cringed at that. But I suppose that's the point. They need to deserve what's coming to them. And...

Spoiler!

"I like you."
Spoiler!

Another fun anthology horror movie.

I LOVE that movie. I try to watch it every October. They are making a sequel.
Originally Posted by Ceej:
Bad Grandpa wasn't nearly as funny as I thought it was going to be.

It has its moments.
SAME. I was like, "huh, I already saw this in the trailer."

A perfect example why trailers need to be shorter.
[Reply]
KcMizzou 08:19 PM 02-01-2014
Originally Posted by ragedogg69:
I LOVE that movie. I try to watch it every October. They are making a sequel.
Seriously? That's awesome news. I don't think the original ever even made it to theaters.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:46 PM 02-01-2014
See, I'm so out of the loop that this is what I thought you were talking about...

And here you go as well, just because I can't get this song out of my fucking head now....

[Reply]
KcMizzou 08:49 PM 02-01-2014
Originally Posted by Bowser:
See, I'm so out of the loop that this is what I thought you were talking about...

And here you go as well, just because I can't get this song out of my fucking head now....

Yeah, not nearly as good. (unless you have some kinda nostalgia for it.)
[Reply]
Bowser 08:51 PM 02-01-2014
Yeah, not nearly as good. (unless you have some kinda nostalgia for it.)
Just the first thing that popped to mind. I saw the comment that said they were making a sequel to it, and I immediately was "Hahaha NO".
[Reply]
ragedogg69 09:37 PM 02-01-2014
Seriously? That's awesome news. I don't think the original ever even made it to theaters.
correct. straight to dvd.

October 2015 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3300506/
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 09:20 PM 02-02-2014
After the Dark was a pretty interesting movie, would definitely recommend it as totally worth watching.

[Reply]
nstygma 11:21 PM 02-03-2014
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
After the Dark was a pretty interesting movie, would definitely recommend it as totally worth watching.
I did not like it at all. And why did they change the name? Should have remained The Philosophers.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 12:33 AM 02-04-2014
Originally Posted by nstygma:
I did not like it at all. And why did they change the name? Should have remained The Philosophers.
No clue, the title during the opening credits even remained The Philosophers... ?
[Reply]
Bowser 11:58 AM 02-04-2014
Got caught up on a couple of Sci-Fi's I've been meaning to watch...

Riddick - I enjoyed it. They blended the first two movies into this one quite nicely. Might have had the feel of a re-run cliché to those who didn't like it, but not me. I'd watch it again for just a glimpse of Katee Sackhoff's boobies again. She has a fantastic body if you didn't know. Damn. Anyway, I look forward to the next movie in the series.

Oblivion - I was caught off guard with how much I liked this movie. The visuals were fantastic, and these days I'm a sucker for a storyline or plot that is even remotely original. Definitely worth your time if you haven't seen it.
[Reply]
NewChief 12:00 PM 02-04-2014
Watched Ip Man last night. Other than being a little heavy on the Chinese nationalistic propaganda, it's pretty danged good. Going to watch the second one today at some point.
[Reply]
ragedogg69 02:24 PM 02-04-2014
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Got caught up on a couple of Sci-Fi's I've been meaning to watch...

Oblivion - I was caught off guard with how much I liked this movie. The visuals were fantastic, and these days I'm a sucker for a storyline or plot that is even remotely original. Definitely worth your time if you haven't seen it.
I would have loved it even more if I had not seen the trailers for it. Those things give away quite a bit.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 02:32 PM 02-04-2014
Originally Posted by NewChief:
Watched Ip Man last night. Other than being a little heavy on the Chinese nationalistic propaganda, it's pretty danged good. Going to watch the second one today at some point.
Haven't seen them yet, gonna start with Grandmaster first. It's all about his life and story and eventually training Bruce Lee and a bunch of other badasses. Hasn't been out long, but looks good from the trailers.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 284
« First < 71314151617 181920212767117 > Last »
Up