ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 43 of 171
« First < 333940414243 444546475393143 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:10 AM 06-04-2018
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
Gavin & Stacey

It's a cross between 'the office' and 'arrested development'. it's actually not a new series at all.

I don't have all night to describe all the nuances, just check it out if you feel like it...

fuggin' hell... it's even funnier when i rewatch the teasers after watching the show for the first time :-)
Never seen it, but I know it gave Corden his big break. Always mix it up with 'Ned and Stacy' [which I also never watched] in my mind, or at least I have a mental image of them being similar shows.

What would you compare it to, humor-wise?

Also, chuffed to see Adrian Scarborough in the first clip. Loved his character in Blunt Talk [a show I recommend if you missed it].

[Reply]
Nickhead 01:40 PM 06-04-2018
trying to think, but really, it's quirky like the office and arrested. story lines aren't as nuanced, but the cringe comedy is there throughout.

Spoiler!

it's not pg rated, but not nearly as rough as say shameless.

the only thing i had a hard time getting past is stacey's damned voice. it's like listening to peggy bundy only higher pitched voice :-)
[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 01:52 PM 06-04-2018
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Babylon Berlin streaming on Netflix is getting 5 star reviews which is well deserved. It is a German production that is dubbed over in English which works well enough. Story is fantastic. You'll learn a lot about the Weimar Republic if you look things up, and you'll learn that the Nazis didn't just pop-out-of-nowhere but were the result of, not just chaos but desires but happens when other plotters plan to overthrow the new republic and return the Kaiser to power. This alone with the communist unrest mixed in.
https://www.vogue.com/article/babylo...netflix-review

The 16-part German period drama Babylon Berlin, which starts streaming on Netflix today, is lavish, epic, dizzyingly complex, and (through the four episodes sent to me early) as satisfying as anything I’ve seen in months....

It’s also similarly expensive. One of the immediate pleasures of this sprawling crime story set in 1929 Weimar Republic Berlin—which is full of unknown-to-me, hugely talented German actors and has as thickly braided a plot as a Tolstoy novel—is the millions thrown at the screen (it’s reportedly the most expensive German-language show ever made).
I liked this show a lot.

Plus the lead has great tits.

Why in the world would you watch it dubbed though? Subtitles are so much better.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:49 PM 06-04-2018
Originally Posted by Rudy tossed tigger's salad:
I liked this show a lot.

Plus the lead has great tits.
I don't know about that, but okay if it you think so.

Originally Posted by :
Why in the world would you watch it dubbed though? Subtitles are so much better.
Because that's how Netflix provided it—so no choice.

Plus it didn't even have closed captioning.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:51 PM 06-04-2018
I finished the last season with the finale about a half hour ago of The Americans. It was really good, but I was not that happy with the finale. It was sad. Burov didn't deserve what he got or their children.

Sure seemed like they ended it so there would be a spinoff with the daughter continuing in their line of work.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:52 PM 06-04-2018
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
Enjoying The Handmaid's Tale. What a crazy scenario but somehow believable and unsettling. Brutal at times.
My sister tells me that is excellent. I just don't get Hulu.
[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 06:08 AM 06-05-2018
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
I don't know about that, but okay if it you think so.

Because that's how Netflix provided it—so no choice.

Plus it didn't even have closed captioning.
Just go through the settings

:-)
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 08:39 AM 06-05-2018
Originally Posted by Rudy tossed tigger's salad:
Just go through the settings

:-)
My settings are usually always on for captioning, then I use the button on my remote for on/off. Perhaps I should have checked the settings again. Then again, I didn't turn it on, someone else did.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:17 PM 06-05-2018
New Kimmy Schmidt is outstanding. New AD is, somehow, off. I hope the second is better.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:20 PM 06-21-2018
Anyone catching 'Strange Angel?'

On CBS All Access, started this week.

Has a decent pedigree and dramatizes an already fantastical true story. The story of Jack Parson.

Giving it a chance, but I don't know if a serious treatment over 10 episodes can eclipse the summation from one Drunk History segment.

:-)000000;width:520px;">

[Reply]
rocknrolla 08:00 AM 06-22-2018
Anyone watch Animal Kingdom on TNT? Watched first few episodes on Prime, dont know if worth the time investment,
[Reply]
Miles 12:32 AM 06-23-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Anyone catching 'Strange Angel?'

On CBS All Access, started this week.

Has a decent pedigree and dramatizes an already fantastical true story. The story of Jack Parson.
The Parson story is just insane so I should watch this if it’s good. There is a great podcast The Dollop that seems right up your alley and hilariously covered this crazy ass story.
[Reply]
Nickhead 06:31 AM 06-23-2018
Originally Posted by rocknrolla:
Anyone watch Animal Kingdom on TNT? Watched first few episodes on Prime, dont know if worth the time investment,
it's no different than watching sons of anarchy :-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:09 PM 06-29-2018
Not so much a series, as whatever you call Adult Swim interstitial content.

Joe Pera Talks With You About . . .

His delivery can be offputting for some. KInd of the developmentally disabled offspring of Jimmy Stewart and Garrison Keillor. But it gets in under your skin in a good way when you get on the same wavelength as him. Joe has one of the funniest bits about NFL fandom, that I think Chiefs fans can relate to.

[Reply]
Jerm 11:39 PM 06-29-2018
Evil Genius - Just binged this all....this is the craziest fucking thing I've ever watched. Making A Murderer level of nuts here...
[Reply]
Page 43 of 171
« First < 333940414243 444546475393143 > Last »
Up