ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 95 of 95
« First < 45859192939495
Nzoner's Game Room>**** Official 2021-2022 NHL Thread ****
Bearcat 06:06 PM 07-21-2021

[Reply]
Otter 01:31 PM 08-10-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Because we're all Claude Lemiuex apologists? :-)

Avalanche player or not, I've never really shouted at clouds about guys like Kadri, Evander Kane, Tom Wilson, etc... they cleared have the talent to be in the NHL and it's up to the NHL/NHLPA to figure out player discipline. I've kind of stopped caring about it because nobody in the league seems to care about disciplining the dirty hits, so why should I?

And if someone with their talent can keep their head on straight, then I really don't care. Not saying people shouldn't care at all if a star player is knocked out of the playoffs from a dirty hit, I'm just kind of over hoping the NHL will fix it.

That said, goons like Ryan Reaves can go **** themselves because they aren't even talented enough to be in the NHL.

So for Kadri... I wish him the best and hope he keeps his head on straight, as he's obviously been given several 2nd chances at this point and made the most of it with playing clean this postseason.

Lemiuex vs McCarty was one of the best fights I've seen in the NHL to this day. There were probably better but the lore and anticipation made it the GOAT IMHO. I still remember Claude sitting in the penalty box and the camera zooming into him while he tried to set his jaw manually.

That was some epic tough guy shit. :-)
[Reply]
Gadzooks 03:35 PM 08-10-2022
Because we're all Claude Lemiuex apologists? :-)

Avalanche player or not, I've never really shouted at clouds about guys like Kadri, Evander Kane, Tom Wilson, etc... they cleared have the talent to be in the NHL and it's up to the NHL/NHLPA to figure out player discipline. I've kind of stopped caring about it because nobody in the league seems to care about disciplining the dirty hits, so why should I?

And if someone with their talent can keep their head on straight, then I really don't care. Not saying people shouldn't care at all if a star player is knocked out of the playoffs from a dirty hit, I'm just kind of over hoping the NHL will fix it.

That said, goons like Ryan Reaves can go fuck themselves because they aren't even talented enough to be in the NHL.

So for Kadri... I wish him the best and hope he keeps his head on straight, as he's obviously been given several 2nd chances at this point and made the most of it with playing clean this postseason.
Matt Tkachuck should be on your list of dirty fucks. If you keep an eye on him, he's always trying to injure players but make it look like an accident.
He just hasn't quite got the hang of it yet.
[Reply]
Bearcat 03:47 PM 08-10-2022
Originally Posted by Otter:
Lemiuex vs McCarty was one of the best fights I've seen in the NHL to this day. There were probably better but the lore and anticipation made it the GOAT IMHO. I still remember Claude sitting in the penalty box and the camera zooming into him while he tried to set his jaw manually.

That was some epic tough guy shit. :-)
I was still a few years from really getting into hockey at that point, so I know the backstory and all, but didn't follow it as it happened.

I watched the ESPN doc when the playoffs were over, which was really well done... crazy how those teams were pretty loaded with talent, yet hockey was secondary to all out brawls complete with goalie fights. Smashing Foote's face into the glass really seems to get overlooked given everything else that happened.... and those turtles by Lemiuex is what the kids would call "cringey".
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:03 AM 09-20-2022
MacKinnon signed... 8 years, $100.8 million, $12.6 average.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:44 AM 09-20-2022
That's a big number, but it's hard to argue he's not worth it. Hopefully between EJ's salary going away after this season and the cap recovering soon, this will be a really nice contract down the road.

Crazy to think that we now have Landy, Nichushkin, MacKinnon, and Makar all locked up through at least 2027.
[Reply]
the steam 11:53 AM 09-20-2022
With Mckinnon, Mazar and Rantanen the Lanche are gonna win 1 or 2 more cups the next few years minimum
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:01 PM 09-20-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
That's a big number, but it's hard to argue he's not worth it. Hopefully between EJ's salary going away after this season and the cap recovering soon, this will be a really nice contract down the road.

Crazy to think that we now have Landy, Nichushkin, MacKinnon, and Makar all locked up through at least 2027.
I'd love to see candid interviews with players like Kane and Toews, McDavid, MacKinnon, etc; on that entire process. I'm sure some players heavily weight salary over anything, while others don't want their team to tank because they can't sign any depth players... and then agents are in their ear telling them the salary cap will go up and it's the GM's job. And then how transparent are GMs in telling stars they aren't miracle workers.

You absolutely sign those guys, of course, and they're in a great spot for the next few years... while at the same time being right up there with the Oilers, Leafs, TB, for percentage of the cap dedicated to a few players (well, not quite the Leafs with 3 $10mm guys).

Great that it's done and not a thing to discuss for the next year.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:21 AM 12-16-2022
Congratulations to Ovi on his 800th. Well done.
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:51 AM 12-16-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Congratulations to Ovi on his 800th. Well done.
It's crazy to think he could still break Gretzky's record... and also really crazy how many more assists Gretzky has on top of anyone (Ovi is 18th in overall points).

[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 12:18 PM 12-16-2022
Great and totally inexplicable game in Edmonton last night.

Blues probably aren't going anywhere but hey, at least they come up with some exciting shit.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:10 PM 12-16-2022
It's crazy to think he could still break Gretzky's record... and also really crazy how many more assists Gretzky has on top of anyone (Ovi is 18th in overall points).

What is he doing?
[Reply]
tredadda 04:44 PM 12-16-2022

Yup. I think Gretzky’s all time points record never is broken. It’s like Cy Young’s all time wins record or Jerry Rice’s all time receiving yards and TD records. Basically unbreakable.
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:54 PM 12-16-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
What is he doing?
Guessing either waxing his blade or cleaning his visor.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:59 PM 12-16-2022
Guessing either waxing his blade or cleaning his visor.
Never seen that set up before. And I thought maybe he was messing with the blade of his stick, but in context with scoring his 800th, I wasn't sure what he could be doing there.
[Reply]
Page 95 of 95
« First < 45859192939495
Up