ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 101 of 101
« First < 5191979899100101
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2018-19 NHL Season Thread***
Gadzooks 02:44 PM 10-03-2018
The puck drops tonight!!!

Originally Posted by DaFace:
Join My League in the 2019 NHL Bracket Contest!

1. Create a bracket here:
https://cliambrown.com/bracket2019/
2. Copy your secret edit link, and then paste it here:
https://cliambrown.com/bracket2019/league/join/c7vjprb3

You can check out the league members & results here:
https://cliambrown.com/bracket2019/league/r4sb7

[Reply]
DaFace 06:52 PM 07-01-2019
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I get why they'd trade Barrie.... but for Kadri? Really? And they had to throw in a guy who had just as many goals last season as Kadri did?
Seems like Sakic wants them to be a grittier team. Now they can roll with an obnoxious SOB on all four lines:

Landeskog
Kadri
Calvert
Wilson

Regarding Kadri specifically...eh, I dunno. We needed a 2C to replace Carl, and I guess he's it. Tough to know what other options were out there.
[Reply]
Gadzooks 10:35 PM 07-01-2019
Seems like Sakic wants them to be a grittier team. Now they can roll with an obnoxious SOB on all four lines:

Landeskog
Kadri
Calvert
Wilson

Regarding Kadri specifically...eh, I dunno. We needed a 2C to replace Carl, and I guess he's it. Tough to know what other options were out there.
A lot of the feedback I've been reading is that Dubas dry raped Sakic in this deal.
Basically, the Leafs downgrade their 3C but add a top RHD who has 50% of his salary retained by the trading team.
Kadri had a down year getting bumped down to 3C by Tavares, but, I'm sure he'll be a fine 2C for the Avs. Sad to see him go but the return seems like it's well worth it for the Leafs.:-)
[Reply]
DaFace 10:50 PM 07-01-2019
Originally Posted by Gadzooks:
A lot of the feedback I've been reading is that Dubas dry raped Sakic in this deal.

Basically, the Leafs downgrade their 3C but add a top RHD who has 50% of his salary retained by the trading team.

Kadri had a down year getting bumped down to 3C by Tavares, but, I'm sure he'll be a fine 2C for the Avs. Sad to see him go but the return seems like it's well worth it for the Leafs.:-)
The part that changes it, though, is the contracts. Barrie is UFA after next season, and the Avs weren't going to be able to keep him anyway. If Kadri can give us legit 2C production at $4.5m over three years, that's a steal. Or to put it another way, the Avs will have a total of 10.8m wrapped up in 1C and 2C for the next 3 years, which is insanely good.

It's one of those rare trades that is really a win win IMO.
[Reply]
Gadzooks 11:53 PM 07-01-2019
The part that changes it, though, is the contracts. Barrie is UFA after next season, and the Avs weren't going to be able to keep him anyway. If Kadri can give us legit 2C production at $4.5m over three years, that's a steal. Or to put it another way, the Avs will have a total of 10.8m wrapped up in 1C and 2C for the next 3 years, which is insanely good.

It's one of those rare trades that is really a win win IMO.
The dearth of No. 1 pairing right-hand defense-men in the league is what makes this a win for the Leafs. The Avs have Cale Makar on the way up but only have 2 RHD in the line-up for the time being.
In terms of value players in the NHL, at the top is No. 1 Center, next is first pairing RHD due to the rarity. An example of the value of RHD would be the trade between Columbus and Nashville, where Columbus sent No. 1 Center Ryan Johansen to Nashville for RHD Seth Jones.
There are very few teams that have an abundance of RHDs.
To get a top pairing RHD for a 2nd/3rd line C and marginal LHD + Have the Avs retain half of the cap hit + a 3rd line Center to replace 2nd/3rd line C seems like a win for the Leafs.
Long term the Avs may win it, but Leafs fans need a cup 52 years ago and that was a bit of a steal.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:53 AM 07-02-2019
Yeah, I think teams are wising up to not giving up a ton for pending UFAs, even for a whole season.

I'm somewhat surprised they had to throw in Kerfoot as well, but I assume there's little to no chance the Leafs resign Barrie, and possibly not Kerfoot... and the Avalanche weren't going to resign Barrie.

After the initial shock and looking at the whole picture, I think it's a pretty decent deal for both teams.... the Leafs obviously don't need Kadri, and the Avalanche wouldn't be ready for a run at the Cup with Barrie if they still didn't have the scoring depth.

The Leafs are obviously looking at taking the next step this coming season, while the Avalanche are still looking down the road a couple/three seasons.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:03 PM 07-07-2019

Put the damn cup in the display case already 🤣🤣🤣 https://t.co/JAXRgtf80S

— Yellow Boiii (@yellow815) July 8, 2019

[Reply]
kcpasco 09:54 PM 06-26-2022
Definitely an epic part of the storyline I hadn't thought about. :-)
:-)
[Reply]
neech 07:44 PM 06-13-2023
2023 Stanley Cup final-

Vegas looks to win it tonight. They’re the better team.
[Reply]
neech 07:50 PM 06-13-2023
Sorry I bumped the old thread I didn’t see the other one. Disregard this one. Thank you
[Reply]
Page 101 of 101
« First < 5191979899100101
Up