ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 62 of 333
« First < 12525859606162 6364656672112162 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 12:02 AM 01-01-2023

2023 – A new beginning for the Royals. Matt Quatraro era begins. A year to see which of our young players will make up the core going forward. Can Bobby Witt Jr become a superstar SS or will go to the hot corner? Will Brady Singer take the next step forward? Will Salvy be Salvy? Will Big Vin or Pratto take first base? Will they find a position for MJ? Who else emerges from the youth movement? Not to mention the development of the new downtown stadium.

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Jordan Lyles, RHP
Ryan Yarbrough, LHP
Josh Taylor, LHP
Aroldis Chapman, LHP

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Gavin Cross, OF
2. Cayden Wallace, 3B
3. Drew Waters, OF
4. Ben Kudrna, RHP
5. Frank Mozzicato, LHP
6. Maikel Garcia, SS
7. Tyler Gentry, OF
8. Nick Loftin, OF/3B
9. Angel Zerpa, LHP
10. Carter Jensen, C
[Reply]
Ocotillo 11:07 PM 04-15-2023

During the #Royals rain delay, @nlbmprez described what made Jackie Robinson the right person to break the MLB color barrier: "Failure was not an option.... It was more than just the racial pressure. He was also carrying the weight of 21 million Black folks on his back." pic.twitter.com/n7SNhBQMKV

— Bally Sports Kansas City (@BallySportsKC) April 15, 2023

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:56 PM 04-15-2023
Wonder how much the Chiefs being one of the top teams in the entire league for 5+ years has effected the attendence for the Royals. Only after the 2018 season did the average attendance slip back under 20k. Folks may just have less patience for the bullshit of small market baseball now that we have a consistent championship caliber squad next door.
[Reply]
Wilson8 02:02 AM 04-16-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Wonder how much the Chiefs being one of the top teams in the entire league for 5+ years has effected the attendence for the Royals. Only after the 2018 season did the average attendance slip back under 20k. Folks may just have less patience for the bullshit of small market baseball now that we have a consistent championship caliber squad next door.
Winning never gets old!

KC would support a winning Royals team as-well-as a winning Chiefs team.

I think you are right though that there is a correlation.

It is hard to support a bad baseball team when we know what winning is like.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:20 AM 04-16-2023
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
I could do what Massey is doing at the plate. He looks so bad.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:09 AM 04-16-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I mainly just dont wanna drive to Raytown
[Reply]
Al Bundy 02:52 PM 04-16-2023
This team isn't recovering from this, not at all.
[Reply]
ChiefsFan63 02:57 PM 04-16-2023
I was telling my wife yesterday that i can support a team that has hope. After so many seasons of not just losing, but bad baseball, I have lost that hope. We will probably make it up to one game in September, but that will likely be all.
[Reply]
poolboy 02:58 PM 04-16-2023
Keep these guys in the lineup
Duffy... career 280 BA
Reyes..hit or miss but when he is on
[Reply]
BWillie 03:44 PM 04-16-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsFan63:
I was telling my wife yesterday that i can support a team that has hope. After so many seasons of not just losing, but bad baseball, I have lost that hope. We will probably make it up to one game in September, but that will likely be all.
Vinnie and Witt Jr seem to have progressed. Thats really all that matters this season. Hopefully Bubic, Pratto, Isbel, Melendez and the rest of the crew can as well. This season isn't about wins or losses. Everyone knew or should have known this was going to be one of the worst teams in baseball going into the season.
[Reply]
poolboy 05:21 PM 04-16-2023
but why should we accept being the worst team in baseball? I wanna win
Besides Gavin Cross, who do have to look forward too?
[Reply]
TLO 05:23 PM 04-16-2023
CALL UP THE YOUNG GUYS LET THEM PLAY
[Reply]
Pablo 05:25 PM 04-16-2023
Originally Posted by poolboy:
We've got a real promising prospect in the pipeline.

Name is Downtown Stadium, should be up by 2030!
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 05:28 PM 04-16-2023
Originally Posted by poolboy:
Maikel Garcia
Carter Jansen
[Reply]
Chiefspants 06:12 PM 04-16-2023
We're finally letting the young guys play and seeing what we got, it ain't pretty -- but there was a reason why Dayton always signed dead-end vets and Matheny would play them over his rooks while ruining our bullpen arms to cheat their way to a 70-75 win season.

Because this, right here (especially 5-9 in our lineup) can be much harder to watch. But at least we'll know what we have and hopefully our top brass now has the wisdom and the freedom to draft their way into a regular small market contender. But that will take a while if both Dayton's bats and arms turn out to be a bust.
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:16 PM 04-16-2023
Exit Velo Park at Kauffman Downtown
[Reply]
Page 62 of 333
« First < 12525859606162 6364656672112162 > Last »
Up