ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 55
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>**** Official 2022-23 NHL Thread ****
RockChalk 11:39 AM 10-11-2022
Didn't see one, so figured with the season starting tonight, we better get one going.

Anyone have any bold predictions? I think mine might be that the Wild make the Western Conference Finals.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:31 PM 04-29-2023
Pretty entertaining game. Though the Kings are playing really soft which is ticking me off a little.
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 10:35 PM 04-29-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Pretty entertaining game. Though the Kings are playing really soft which is ticking me off a little.
This isn't Daryl Sutter's Kings team. And they are clearly terrified of the EDM PP.
[Reply]
PattyFlakes 10:37 PM 04-29-2023
Against a team you can’t play soft against or they will just kill you.
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 10:37 PM 04-29-2023
Big goal
UGH
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:39 PM 04-29-2023
Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief:
This isn't Daryl Sutter's Kings team. And they are clearly terrified of the EDM PP.
They don't have to play dirty. Just be as physical as possible without taking a penalty. Constrained violence. Blues hockey. When they do it right, anyway.

I mean, in that last sequence i counted at least 5-6 times when a Kings player could've put a shoulder on a guy or a hip completely legally and instead the King went out of his way not to put a hit on the EDM player. To a Blues fan, that's just weird.
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 10:44 PM 04-29-2023
Terrible effort at the end. Just nothing. Better team won the series.
[Reply]
CanadaKC 10:45 PM 04-29-2023
I know McDavid is the best player in the world, but Draisaitl almost single handedly won this series
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:46 PM 04-29-2023
Good fans. Very classy.
[Reply]
PattyFlakes 10:47 PM 04-29-2023
They don't have to play dirty. Just be as physical as possible without taking a penalty. Constrained violence. Blues hockey. When they do it right, anyway.

I mean, in that last sequence i counted at least 5-6 times when a Kings player could've put a shoulder on a guy or a hip completely legally and instead the King went out of his way not to put a hit on the EDM player. To a Blues fan, that's just weird.
I think they tried to play physical this series at least earlier and kept getting burned. This EDM team is a different kind of beast, especially the last few months of the season,
[Reply]
PattyFlakes 10:47 PM 04-29-2023
Originally Posted by CanadaKC:
I know McDavid is the best player in the world, but Draisaitl almost single handedly won this series
Yep, playoff Drai is a different beast, he was dominant.
[Reply]
PattyFlakes 10:49 PM 04-29-2023
EDM and Vegas is going to be a fantastic series.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:57 AM 04-30-2023
I shouldn't probably criticize; at least TOR got into the playoffs. My Blues couldn't pull their heads out of their asses this year.

I just watched these playoff games and said to my buddy one time "As talented as TOR is, they really shouldn't struggle this much just to get a few shots. Or get out of their own zone. Or damn near anything."

Hopefully they do get their shit together. Want to see them do well. Always fun to see another Canadian team in the playoffs.

And congrats to the Leafs on finally winning a playoff series again.
Yeah, they currently seem far luckier than good and it shouldn't be that way at all. One regulation goal last night, one goal through 55 minutes the other night, one goals with 10 minutes left the game before, two goals with 61 seconds left the game before that.

It would be nice to believe the monkey off their back will kick them into another gear, but probably more likely at this point they come out flat in game 1 and get pushed around... they just don't have a MacKinnon or McDavid who will take over a game, or any energy guys outside or ROR (and I'm not noticing him a ton, either). Yet, they have tons of talent and 3 fucking captains.

Sad to see the Kings get eliminated, would have loved to see that series go 7... yet, wanted the Oilers to win to watch more McDavid/Draisaitl.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:59 AM 04-30-2023
Originally Posted by PattyFlakes:
EDM and Vegas is going to be a fantastic series.
I'm a little more hopeful now that VGK has a first line player in Eichel, and it's not just a bunch of 3rd lines buzzing around with endless energy waiting for puck luck to happen.
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:59 PM 04-30-2023

[Reply]
Megatron96 04:50 PM 04-30-2023
Really dislike BOS.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 55
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Up