« First < 283435363738 3940 >
Nzoner's Game Room>The MLB lockout thread
ChiefsCountry 03:10 PM 03-10-2022
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
Will local baseball be on the local over the air channels? nope
A few games will be on FOX.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 03:05 PM 03-10-2022

MLB, MLBPA agree to negotiate on international draft until July 25. Draft pick compensation will be removed if they agree by then to remove it. Status quo on international entry and draft compensation if no deal by then. The union says it is awaiting a counterproposal from MLB.

— Evan Drellich (@EvanDrellich) March 10, 2022

[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 03:06 PM 03-10-2022
Good, I wanted a ballpark funnel cake this year.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:17 PM 03-10-2022
On my scorecard, union got very good deal.

$230M CBT threshold in ‘22 (9% rise), $700K minimum (23% rise), $50M bonus pool (new money). Qualifying Offer likely goes away (assuming World Draft is agreed to), universal DH, draft lottery, full service time for RoY, more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:20 PM 03-10-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
On my scorecard, union got very good deal.

$230M CBT threshold in ‘22 (9% rise), $700K minimum (23% rise), $50M bonus pool (new money). Qualifying Offer likely goes away (assuming World Draft is agreed to), universal DH, draft lottery, full service time for RoY, more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tHe OwNeRs DoN't wAnT tO pLaY bAsEbAlL iN aPrIlL!!!!!
[Reply]
Jerm 03:22 PM 03-10-2022
Wish the pitch clock and shift van were both in effect this season but I’ll take it…
[Reply]
jd1020 03:34 PM 03-10-2022
The MLBPA executive board voting unanimously against the CBA which is made up of 63% Scott Boras clients and the rest of the vote going 26-4 in favor of the CBA tells you everything you need to know.
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 03:43 PM 03-10-2022
Originally Posted by jd1020:
The MLBPA executive board voting unanimously against the CBA which is made up of 63% Scott Boras clients and the rest of the vote going 26-4 in favor of the CBA tells you everything you need to know.
Also should raise eyebrows and offer some hope that the current union could be effectively busted up in favor of a PA that actually represents the rank-and-file. We will see.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:53 PM 03-10-2022
Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan:
Also should raise eyebrows and offer some hope that the current union could be effectively busted up in favor of a PA that actually represents the rank-and-file. We will see.
Guess who didn't need Ken Rosenthal to tell him what was completely obvious if you were paying any attention at all and not just swallowing anything fed to you by the sports 'media'.

<----------- This guy right here.

Still insane to me how badly the sportswriters misrepresented what was going on in this process. And how eager some people were to believe it.
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:33 PM 03-10-2022

pic.twitter.com/LsFqTds2i5

— SMPLonnie (@SMPLonnie) March 10, 2022

The executive subcommittee is mostly Boras clients. Looks like the rank-and-file outvoted them.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:51 PM 03-10-2022
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

The executive subcommittee is mostly Boras clients. Looks like the rank-and-file outvoted them.
Nononononono.

This wasn't super agents trying to protect their meal tickets. Noooooooo.

It was unreasonable owners that didn't want to play baseball in April.

KCN told me so.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:16 PM 03-10-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Nononononono.

This wasn't super agents trying to protect their meal tickets. Noooooooo.

It was unreasonable owners that didn't want to play baseball in April.

KCN told me so.

I'm fine taking the L here for the greater good (the Jays project to be one of the best teams in the league this year after all). Although, despite the MLBPA executive board not having the necessary support in the end from the rank-and-file, I'd still maintain that the delay the owners engaged in over the past few months suggested they didn't particularly care if the season started on time.
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 04:34 PM 03-10-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:

I'm fine taking the L here for the greater good (the Jays project to be one of the best teams in the league this year after all). Although, despite the MLBPA executive board not having the necessary support in the end from the rank-and-file, I'd still maintain that the delay the owners engaged in over the past few months suggested they didn't particularly care if the season started on time.
No. It's a trade off. In your ultimate effort to neuter an agent-driven representative sub-committee and create a schism with the top 1% and the rank and file...you gladly choose to be OK with starting the season late. It's insane to say they didn't care about starting on time unless you're saying they didn't care when considering the bigger picture goals.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 05:52 PM 03-10-2022
Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan:
No. It's a trade off. In your ultimate effort to neuter an agent-driven representative sub-committee and create a schism with the top 1% and the rank and file...you gladly choose to be OK with starting the season late. It's insane to say they didn't care about starting on time unless you're saying they didn't care when considering the bigger picture goals.
That's what I'm saying. It was tactical, and to their credit, it worked.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:01 PM 03-10-2022
They should cut the Spring Training down to one-week instead of whatever the hell it is now. Did any of that crap change?
[Reply]
Page 38 of 40
« First < 283435363738 3940 >
Up