ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 38
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs attended WR OBJ’s private workout today
Dante84 07:46 PM 03-10-2023

Teams represented at Odell Beckham Jr.'s private workout in Arizona today included the Panthers, Giants, Patriots, Rams, Cardinals, 49ers, Bills, Chiefs, Vikings, Browns and Ravens, per source.

— Jonathan Jones (@jjones9) March 10, 2023

Everybody almost ran out after this one… ������ @obj pic.twitter.com/Lya6wg7wuN

— Prince Amukamara (@PrinceAmukamara) March 11, 2023

Odell Beckham Jr showing off the hands and the speed for several NFL teams in the private workout today in Arizona.

Looks pretty good running after undergoing ACL surgery last year.pic.twitter.com/t1ZITirzRK

— Doug Rush (@TheDougRush) March 11, 2023

Talked to a few people who attended Odell Beckham's workout. One noted how noticeably muscular Beckham looks now, likening him to a combination of Saquon Barkley and Deebo Samuel. Another said Beckham is simply a gifted athlete and that hasn't changed. Explosion was there.

— Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerESPN) March 11, 2023

[Reply]
ROYC75 02:57 PM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by scho63:
This is an easy one to figure out:

1. If he wants the big bucks, he ain't gonna be a Chief

2. If he is chasing a ring, which he already has, he could sign with us, Bills or Ravens.

Those other teams have NO QB to catch passes from.
RAVENS?

What QB did they sign? He is most likely to never win a ring with Lamar
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:11 PM 03-20-2023
I'd take a flyer on OBJ, but I wouldn't pay more than $6 mil on a 1 yr deal.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:17 PM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I'd take a flyer on OBJ, but I wouldn't pay more than $6 mil on a 1 yr deal.
If that was the plan, Veach would have just kept JuJu.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:33 PM 03-20-2023
The market is not trending upward. If he wants to play (starting spot available) and he wants to win, the Chiefs are an excellent choice. Again, 2 years/$20 million would be acceptable, but I wouldn't do ANYTHING over that.
[Reply]
Hoover 03:39 PM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
The market is not trending upward. If he wants to play (starting spot available) and he wants to win, the Chiefs are an excellent choice. Again, 2 years/$20 million would be acceptable, but I wouldn't do ANYTHING over that.
This all day long.

I'm actually getting to the point that I believe this is going to happen, and based on everything else cap wise, I think a two year deal would be perfect for the Chiefs and OBJ.

Look, he's not Tyreek Hill but in this offense I think I think he could put up huge numbers with everything else we have going on. I can't imagine how much fun it would be watching him take in passes from Mahomes.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:44 PM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by Hoover:
This all day long.

I'm actually getting to the point that I believe this is going to happen, and based on everything else cap wise, I think a two year deal would be perfect for the Chiefs and OBJ.

Look, he's not Tyreek Hill but in this offense I think I think he could put up huge numbers with everything else we have going on. I can't imagine how much fun it would be watching him take in passes from Mahomes.
The only issue would be making sure he isn't an asshole. He's going to have accept the touches Pat gives him and that's that. If he isn't cool with that, he can kindly **** off.
[Reply]
Dante84 03:59 PM 03-20-2023

Veteran WR Nelson Agholor visited the #Ravens, per the wire.

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) March 20, 2023

If he signs, that's another team looking elsewhere beyond DH and OBJ
[Reply]
PutQuinnIn 04:10 PM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
That catch was pretty fucking good lol
can honestly say I've never seen a catch like that before, resembling a baseball infielder.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 04:11 PM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
If that was the plan, Veach would have just kept JuJu.
Clearly they want to add a dynamic WR. Not an average one with below average speed.
[Reply]
Mulliganman 04:19 PM 03-20-2023
I think Veach has to be planning on bringing in him or Hopkins. I have a hard time believing we roll with what we have plus an additional 1 or 2 rookies. The veteran options are drying up...
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:35 PM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by Mulliganman:
I think Veach has to be planning on bringing in him or Hopkins. I have a hard time believing we roll with what we have plus an additional 1 or 2 rookies. The veteran options are drying up...
IDK, man.

They don't wanna pay OBJ more than 4M, you think they're jumping at the chance to pay Hopkins $18m?

And then when i thought about it today, the Chiefs, outside of when we had Tyreek, have kinda always sucked at WR.

We gotta remember that Reid once went into the season with Jason Avant, AJ Jenkins, Donnie Avery and the corpse of Dwayne Bowe.

IIRC, was that the infamous "No TD's to WR's" year?
[Reply]
Dante84 04:39 PM 03-20-2023
Cross posting here, for relevance

Originally Posted by Dante84:
Okay, so, here we go.

This is the first legitimate whiff of Hopkins to KC smoke outside of people just "thinking" its a good fit.

The OBJ smoke has been there.

[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:39 PM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
IDK, man.

They don't wanna pay OBJ more than 4M, you think they're jumping at the chance to pay Hopkins $18m?

And then when i thought about it today, the Chiefs, outside of when we had Tyreek, have kinda always sucked at WR.

We gotta remember that Reid once went into the season with Jason Avant, AJ Jenkins, Donnie Avery and the corpse of Dwayne Bowe.

IIRC, was that the infamous "No TD's to WR's" year?
Maybe they're going to do the WR room like they did the secondary last year. Who knows? I mean the young guys need reps to get better; look at Christian Watson last year.
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:49 PM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Maybe they're going to do the WR room like they did the secondary last year. Who knows? I mean the young guys need reps to get better; look at Christian Watson last year.
Maybe.

Lots of time between now and camp. There isn't a position group on the team that's in as bad of shape as the WR group. They don't even have the numbers right now, let alone the talent. It's a group that's seemingly been in decline for 3 straight years now.

My biggest fear is hitting refresh on CP and seeing a "Jarvis Landry to the Chiefs" thread title.
[Reply]
raybec 4 04:51 PM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Maybe.

Lots of time between now and camp. There isn't a position group on the team that's in as bad of shape as the WR group. They don't even have the numbers right now, let alone the talent. It's a group that's seemingly been in decline for 3 straight years now.

My biggest fear is hitting refresh on CP and seeing a "Jarvis Landry to the Chiefs" thread title.
The Ross boys will both be all pros!!! Bank on it!
[Reply]
Page 21 of 38
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Up