ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 210 of 295
« First < 110160200206207208209210 211212213214220260 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
jd1020 02:00 PM 10-04-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
That was my initial response, but i deleted it. IIRC, the incident happened a few months prior, didn't it? That would mean the Chiefs had time to digest it and decided to look away and keep him on the roster.

Then, out of nowhere, the video got released like a splash of cold water and the rest is history.
Ya but then you have to sit there and wonder did they choose to keep him around because it really wasnt that big of an issue and then only cut him because it was blowing up in the media and they didn't want that "evil man" on the team?

To me it always and will always feel like they cut him simply because of PR and silently regretted it, which is why they didnt make the same knee jerk reaction with Tyreek.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:04 PM 10-04-2021
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
We did for 40 years
Yeah - we have Patrick and I still watch McLaurin go out there kicking ass and ask myself "what if...."

You never shake off the big misses.

To be honest, I'm not sure I'd be anywhere near as involved a fan as I am. I was running out of fucks to give the last season or two Pre-Mahomes. And even that last Smith season, I was just marking time until Mahomes (got into a big ol' argument in the stands with some jack-wagon during the Bills game about switching to Mahomes).

Not sure I had much left in me and I know I'd have had a hard time watching if we were out there running Kirk Cousins for $30 million/season while the Saints were moving on from Brees to Mahomes...
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:06 PM 10-04-2021
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Ya but then you have to sit there and wonder did they choose to keep him around because it really wasnt that big of an issue and then only cut him because it was blowing up in the media and they didn't want that "evil man" on the team?

To me it always and will always feel like they cut him simply because of PR and silently regretted it, which is why they didnt make the same knee jerk reaction with Tyreek.
I think you're correct. Clark made an incredibly stupid decision and learned from it. One would like to think that stupid decision wasn't actually needed to understand how stupid it actually was, but, alas, such is life.

On Clark's side, though, it should be noted that Chief Fan, in both cases, overwhelmingly wanted the players to be cut.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:07 PM 10-04-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah - we have Patrick and I still watch McLaurin go out there kicking ass and ask myself "what if...."

You never shake off the big misses.

To be honest, I'm not sure I'd be anywhere near as involved a fan as I am. I was running out of ****s to give the last season or two Pre-Mahomes. And even that last Smith season, I was just marking time until Mahomes (got into a big ol' argument in the stands with some jack-wagon during the Bills game about switching to Mahomes).

Not sure I had much left in me and I know I'd have had a hard time watching if we were out there running Kirk Cousins for $30 million/season while the Saints were moving on from Brees to Mahomes...
McLaurin is sooo good.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:09 PM 10-04-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
McLaurin is sooo good.
I know....

...{sigh}...
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:15 PM 10-04-2021
Originally Posted by jd1020:

To me it always and will always feel like they cut him simply because of PR and silently regretted it
No doubt.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:17 PM 10-04-2021
I think you're correct. Clark made an incredibly stupid decision and learned from it. One would like to think that stupid decision wasn't actually needed to understand how stupid it actually was, but, alas, such is life.

To be fair, the feeling at the time was the Kareem was done in the NFL after what had happened with Ray Rice. Prior to Kareem the NFL had this zero tolerance policy towards domestic abuse.

The Chiefs thought they were being proactive in this situation by getting in front of it and cutting him. A PR move.

Then all of a sudden, the NFL stopped caring so much about domestic abuse and went "soft" on Hunt.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 02:23 PM 10-04-2021
McLaurin is sooo good.
It's not at all infuriating that we took Mecole Hardman over DK Metcalf AND Terry McLaurin.

I love Burt Vatch, but this was a huge whiff.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:25 PM 10-04-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
To be fair, the feeling at the time was the Kareem was done in the NFL after what had happened with Ray Rice. Prior to Kareem the NFL had this zero tolerance policy towards domestic abuse.

The Chiefs thought they were being proactive in this situation by getting in front of it and cutting him. A PR move.

Then all of a sudden, the NFL stopped caring so much about domestic abuse and went "soft" on Hunt.
I'm trying to be fair to Clark, but I don't think ANYONE really thought Kareem would never play again. People may have feigned stupid ideas like that, but I imagine most were fans of other teams hoping the Chiefs would be stupid enough to cut him so that he could be picked up for zero compensation. Which, of course, is exactly what happened.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 02:27 PM 10-04-2021
Just read a TMZ article about Guice..the last charges were DROPPED..hence why they aren't on his record. It's a clean slate now for the kid from what I can see. He even posted a picture on IG previously showing him playing Madden and guess which team he loves to play with? THE CHIEFS..lol means nothing but sometimes fate can be funny like that right? :-)
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:31 PM 10-04-2021
Guice settled out of court. Hence why they were "dropped". He paid her off to go away.

Clean slate legally, sure, but his reputation precedes him. Teams will still have questions, questions that date back to college.

Ultimately it's up to how the Chiefs feel about his character. The fans? They won't give a fuck.
[Reply]
JPH83 02:40 PM 10-04-2021
Bills have competent LBs that can play the run and cover, that's the biggest question for us. I reckon it'll be much harder to have a balanced game and run on them. But if we DO manage to run on them and CEH gets a ton of yardage I think this offence is absolutely set.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:41 PM 10-04-2021
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Bills have competent LBs that can play the run and cover, that's the biggest question for us. I reckon it'll be much harder to have a balanced game and run on them. But if we DO manage to run on them and CEH gets a ton of yardage I think this offence is absolutely set.
That's pretty much the same thing people said about the Bills the last couple of times they got butt-fucked on national television by Mahomes and company.

The next time they show any ability to slow this offense down will be the first time...
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 02:50 PM 10-04-2021
Like I said earliar..accusations from college are futile as he was not found guilty of anything or kicked off of campus. And he was drafted in the 2nd round obviously so clearly that wasn't an issue. We also have guys like Mixon in the league who was caught on video knocking a girl out after she slapped him and he was still drafted. Veach will be aware of Guice's situation of course so it's just a matter of what they think.

Clark, Gay, Baker, Watkins, Leveon, Gordon, Breeland etc all had different issues from their past before coming to KC so we'll see.
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:00 PM 10-04-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Just read a TMZ article about Guice..the last charges were DROPPED..hence why they aren't on his record. It's a clean slate now for the kid from what I can see. He even posted a picture on IG previously showing him playing Madden and guess which team he loves to play with? THE CHIEFS..lol means nothing but sometimes fate can be funny like that right? :-)

Fuck Guice
[Reply]
Page 210 of 295
« First < 110160200206207208209210 211212213214220260 > Last »
Up