ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 41
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Media Center>Stranger Things (Netflix)...
vailpass 02:58 PM 11-15-2017
Originally Posted by Ragged Robin:
They didn't even need to make a second season but obviously the hype train/money ball had to keep rolling. If they had just called a quits after season 1 and said "we set out to make a story and finished it" it would have been great, if not better.

Season 2 was just fan service that retreaded on most of the same story beats as Season 1, with an added bonus of the horrendous Episode 7 where they try to hint at a spinoff series that no one wants. I had actually hoped that they were going to do something like True Detective where it's a completely different cast/location and maybe the original characters only cameo at some point, but it looks like they went with following the same formula with the same characters: "We need to save Will... AGAIN", "we need to close what's under the facility.. AGAIN", "mom needs to chart out what Will is trying to say and look like a crazy person.. AGAIN", "there's going to be a new bully to take on Steve's original role and pick on the kids.. AGAIN", "Jonathan & Nancy need to go off and do their own stupid investigation that is ultimately kind of worthless.. AGAIN", "Eleven needs to show up at the end and save everyone's ass deus ex machina style.. AGAIN".
You seem like a lot of fun.
Shut the fuck up, it's a TV show that people like to watch.
[Reply]
Ragged Robin 06:06 PM 11-15-2017
Originally Posted by vailpass:
You seem like a lot of fun.
Shut the **** up, it's a TV show that people like to watch.
a lot people like to watch Glee too but that doesn't mean it's totally shit. Not a single rebuttal to any one of my points? That's fine if you're completely incapable of critical thinking, how about **** your own sheep opinion
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:40 PM 11-15-2017
a lot people like to watch Glee too but that doesn't mean it's totally shit. Not a single rebuttal to any one of my points? That's fine if you're completely incapable of critical thinking, how about **** your own sheep opinion
Most TV is shit. I don't think anyone believes Stranger Things is a high caliber show. It's just campy nostalgic fun. Turn off the brain and just enjoy it as campy fun.
[Reply]
RobBlake 03:29 AM 11-27-2017
They didn't even need to make a second season but obviously the hype train/money ball had to keep rolling. If they had just called a quits after season 1 and said "we set out to make a story and finished it" it would have been great, if not better.

Season 2 was just fan service that retreaded on most of the same story beats as Season 1, with an added bonus of the horrendous Episode 7 where they try to hint at a spinoff series that no one wants. I had actually hoped that they were going to do something like True Detective where it's a completely different cast/location and maybe the original characters only cameo at some point, but it looks like they went with following the same formula with the same characters: "We need to save Will... AGAIN", "we need to close what's under the facility.. AGAIN", "mom needs to chart out what Will is trying to say and look like a crazy person.. AGAIN", "there's going to be a new bully to take on Steve's original role and pick on the kids.. AGAIN", "Jonathan & Nancy need to go off and do their own stupid investigation that is ultimately kind of worthless.. AGAIN", "Eleven needs to show up at the end and save everyone's ass deus ex machina style.. AGAIN".

It’s really not that serious lol
[Reply]
Jerm 12:01 AM 11-26-2017
Just finished Season 2....I liked it but not even the same stratosphere as S1.

Steve, Hopper, and Dustin continue to be the MVPs, only characters I’m engaged in and really care about.

Mike was a complete shithead this season and by the end of it I was just wanting someone to smack him upside his head, so bad.

For some reason El annoyed me this season as well....didn’t care for the character near as much as S1.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 06:46 AM 11-27-2017
I liked the first season better, but season 2 was still pretty good. I'm worried this thing will drag the hell out though, and lose its luster. I hope they stop after 3...
[Reply]
lcarus 10:15 AM 11-27-2017
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:
I liked the first season better, but season 2 was still pretty good. I'm worried this thing will drag the hell out though, and lose its luster. I hope they stop after 3...
I heard they have a plan for 4 seasons and they've hinted at going even beyond that.
[Reply]
RobBlake 12:03 AM 11-28-2017
Well they need to let will be normal or kill one of the kids
[Reply]
Rausch 08:29 AM 11-28-2017
Originally Posted by RobBlake:
Well they need to let will be normal or kill one of the kids

[Reply]
KCUnited 08:40 AM 11-28-2017
I think where ST excels is capturing the era. They do it perfectly. As these child actors grow into their awkward years and story gets more stale, it makes me wonder if they'd consider a throwback prelude season or even a total spinoff ala Better Call Saul to the 60/70's or something.
[Reply]
Rausch 08:43 AM 11-28-2017
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I think where ST excels is capturing the era. They do it perfectly. As these child actors grow into their awkward years and story gets more stale, it makes me wonder if they'd consider a throwback prelude season or even a total spinoff ala Better Call Saul to the 60/70's or something.
From what I've been reading/watching they plan to ease the kids into the 90's and put that stamp on ST as well...
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:51 AM 11-28-2017
Originally Posted by Rausch:
From what I've been reading/watching they plan to ease the kids into the 90's and put that stamp on ST as well...
Damn, the 90s don't seem long enough ago for me, but I'm sure they'd make it cool. I was kind of hoping for a throwback Jim Hopper Dazed and Confused type vibe personally. I admittedly read nothing about the show other than here though.
[Reply]
RobBlake 02:45 PM 11-28-2017
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Why not? That hating ass black kid or actually kill off will
[Reply]
lewdog 09:00 PM 11-28-2017
4 episodes into season 2 and wondering if I should continue. The story has really gone nowhere to start this season and they keep going back to the same visions and shit. I like the 80's references, items and music but other than that, I'm pretty bored.
[Reply]
lcarus 09:05 PM 11-28-2017
Originally Posted by lewdog:
4 episodes into season 2 and wondering if I should continue. The story has really gone nowhere to start this season and they keep going back to the same visions and shit. I like the 80's references, items and music but other than that, I'm pretty bored.
I guess, but then you'll miss Nancy getting folded like a pretzel and fucked in every hole by a demogorgon. That was my favorite part. :-)
[Reply]
Page 22 of 41
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Up