ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 50 of 335
« First < 404647484950 5152535460100150 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
BigRichard 02:29 PM 06-15-2015
I also thought it would have been better had Brienne saved Stannis from those two guys only to condemn him to death by her own sword.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 02:33 PM 06-15-2015
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
With Stannis and Renly dead with no heirs does Dragonstone now go to paddle boat boy? Wouldn't he technically speaking be the heir for all of this crap? Including the throne right? He is a bastard though but still.
It would go to whomever Tommen decides.
[Reply]
MagicHef 03:39 PM 06-15-2015
So Jon, along with other members of the Night's Watch, manage to bring back a bunch of wildlings, and have a crazy story about the Night's King raising a huge army of wights, validating Jon's decision to get as many wildlings south of the wall as possible.

Their reaction is to kill Jon?

At least they have a sensible motivation in the books.
[Reply]
DaFace 03:41 PM 06-15-2015
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
So Jon, along with other members of the Night's Watch, manage to bring back a bunch of wildlings, and have a crazy story about the Night's King raising a huge army of wights, validating Jon's decision to get as many wildlings south of the wall as possible.

Their reaction is to kill Jon?

At least they have a sensible motivation in the books.
I thought of that as well and agree completely.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:44 PM 06-15-2015

[Reply]
BigRichard 03:49 PM 06-15-2015
Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan:
It would go to whomever Tommen decides.
I was talking about technically speaking. Because technically Tommen shouldn't even be the heir to Robert. So if Robert was dead and all his brothers are dead with no heirs who is technically speaking the heir.

So basically if the truth came out tomorrow that Tommen was not Robert's who would they give it to.
[Reply]
MagicHef 04:09 PM 06-15-2015
I was talking about technically speaking. Because technically Tommen shouldn't even be the heir to Robert. So if Robert was dead and all his brothers are dead with no heirs who is technically speaking the heir.

So basically if the truth came out tomorrow that Tommen was not Robert's who would they give it to.
I think Daenerys is the closest living non-bastard relative.
[Reply]
Amnorix 04:18 PM 06-15-2015

Originally Posted by MagicHef:
I think Daenerys is the closest living non-bastard relative.

I don't believe there is any known Baratheon left, so really the only possible answer is war, or a decision made by a group of powerful nobles to place some specific person on the throne.

In general, you would go back generations to find offshoots of the family. Some minor house that is related (as the Karstarks are to the Starks, for example), or whatever. In reality, what typically happens is the nobles just pick someone they can agree on to avert war, or you get a war of course.

This is how you get things like the War of the Roses, of course. House York and Lancaster being offshoots of House Plantagenet.
[Reply]
Hawk 04:28 PM 06-15-2015
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Why would the Bolton's give up Sansa for Stannis?

Also....Sansa is technically gone right now.
Brienne doesn't know Sansa is gone. Maybe she just plans to give Stannis to the Boltons so she can win their favor and join them so she can be in Winterfell and keep a closer eye on Sansa? Anyway, I just feel like there is a reason they did not show Stannis actually be killed, and we all know it isn't to avoid a gory scene. They love a gory scene, so not to show it has to mean something. It could just be to leave a slight cliffhanger, but maybe she decides not to kill him. His words to her of "Do your duty" also seemed to have some meaning. Her duty is to Catelyn and Jaime to whom she swore to find Sansa and keep her safe. Her desire to kill Stannis is more about revenge than duty.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:59 PM 06-15-2015
Originally Posted by NewChief:
I had sort of waffled back and forth over whether Jon was truly killed or not when he was stabbed at end of ADWD.

The way the show carried it out, though, left no doubt that he's supposed to be truly dead. There's no surviving that shit.

So I guess it's up to Melisandre to bring him back from the dead.
Oh I think most people think he is really dead. It's just that Melisandre is going to bring him back to life.

I think John Snow has something to do with all this all ends. But with GRR, ya never know.
[Reply]
Hawk 05:05 PM 06-15-2015
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Oh I think most people think he is really dead. It's just that Melisandre is going to bring him back to life.

I think John Snow has something to do with all this all ends. But with GRR, ya never know.
In the books, Mel sees Jon in her flames, first a man, then a wolf, then a man again. If he wargs into Ghost, and Mel revives his body and he wargs back into his body, he should be able to come through with less side effects than Beric whose soul had no place to go and wait whenever he was repeatedly killed and brought back.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:08 PM 06-15-2015
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Why would the Bolton's give up Sansa for Stannis?

Also....Sansa is technically gone right now.
She might not have got Sansa but she gives them Stannis alive and defintely could sell herself to the Boltons as a great sword to have around. She gets to keep her direct eye on Sansa and gets to watch young Bolton flay Stannis.
[Reply]
DaFace 07:11 PM 06-15-2015
Pretty solid takes on why the show this season has been considerably less interesting than the books if anyone's in the mood for the reading:

http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comme...ween_the_show/
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 09:22 PM 06-15-2015
So turns out Lena Headley had a body double for the walking scene.
http://m.usmagazine.com/entertainmen...s-dead-2015156
[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 09:40 PM 06-15-2015
Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan:
So turns out Lena Headley had a body double for the walking scene.
http://m.usmagazine.com/entertainmen...s-dead-2015156
That's a shame
[Reply]
Page 50 of 335
« First < 404647484950 5152535460100150 > Last »
Up