ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 55 of 435
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965105155 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 10:06 PM 09-29-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Seems so to me as well. I mean, he was sold to the fan base as a world wrecker, someone who was going to come in and make an immediate, noticeable difference in both pressure and in defending against the run. I would like to think that deficiencies in the LB corps has something to do with it but even then we SHOULD be getting more from him than we currently are.

We need a killer Linebacker and a shut down corner to round this thing out.
Yeah. I agree.

With all this talk about Clark, nobody is appreciating what a big play Mathieu made with his perfectly timed blitz/sack.

He sure is an ungrade over Ron Parker.

I'd say Eric Berry but the last time he actually played more than a few quarters Mahomes wasn't even on the fucking team.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:08 PM 09-29-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Yeah. I've seen a lot of football movies, and at the end a guy like this always makes a critical play in a big game to redeem himself. It'll happen.

[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:43 PM 09-29-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
Yeah. I agree.

With all this talk about Clark, nobody is appreciating what a big play Mathieu made with his perfectly timed blitz/sack.

I'd say Eric Berry but the last time he actually played more than a few quarters Mahomes wasn't even on the fucking team.
Sweet Christ I would certainly hope so. It got to the point that I couldn't even stand seeing that name in print much less on the field.

I notice it's been very quiet on the Thornhill front. I believe I was told for weeks about how kick ass he was going to be, yet I notice that his thread on CP hasn't been getting any bump action since camp.
[Reply]
jonzie04 11:48 PM 09-29-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Until someone actually reviews all of the film on him and knows the defensive calls for each of those plays, it’s very difficult to say how well he’s really playing.

It’s not like a wide receiver that can easily be judged on receptions, yards, and TDs. DL is much harder to judge.

For instance, has anyone reviewed the sacks that other guys have gotten to see if Clark had any role in creating that sack?

I clearly haven’t done these things either. I’m reserving judgment until probably Week 8 or so. As teams start adjusting, we’ll know more about him.

Someone on here even said that teams don’t gameplan for him. No one has any way of knowing that. Comments like that are so dumb.
He's a defensive end. He plays based on what the tackle is doing, not to what defense they call.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 02:52 AM 09-30-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Seems so to me as well. I mean, he was sold to the fan base as a world wrecker, someone who was going to come in and make an immediate, noticeable difference in both pressure and in defending against the run. I would like to think that deficiencies in the LB corps has something to do with it but even then we SHOULD be getting more from him than we currently are.

We need a killer Linebacker and a shut down corner to round this thing out.
I would like to see an in depth analysis of the plays where he was successful in Seattle, and compare his winning plays to what Spags is asking him to do now.

I have seen guys have a drop off when changing teams, or after getting paid, but what Frank Clark is experiencing isn't a drop off ,its more like a Weekend At Bernie's: NFL Edition.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
tyreekthefreak 04:48 AM 09-30-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
Yeah. I agree.

I'd say Eric Berry but the last time he actually played more than a few quarters Mahomes wasn't even on the ****ing team.
That's the ONLY play I remember Honey Badger making......that's a problem! He and Clark are making a ton of money and as of yet there has been very little return on those millions!!!!

Who's kidding who?
[Reply]
tyreekthefreak 04:50 AM 09-30-2019
Originally Posted by jonzie04:
He's a defensive end. He plays based on what the tackle is doing, not to what defense they call.
Not on obvious passing downs!!! He gets ZERO push on passing plays! Slow and weak!
[Reply]
stumppy 05:40 AM 09-30-2019
Originally Posted by Aspengc8:
Sounds like your not watching the games. Clark gets doubled/chipped/combo'd a ton, and sometimes they double clark and jones.
That's what I seen. It looks like, on average, teams put a lot of effort into taking Clark out of the play. He's done a pretty good job this year. Problem is, a lot of people were expecting a Kahlil Mack level player when he's not at that level of a player.
If we overpaid for Clark it wasn't by much.
[Reply]
mcaj22 07:40 AM 09-30-2019
Originally Posted by stumppy:
That's what I seen. It looks like, on average, teams put a lot of effort into taking Clark out of the play. He's done a pretty good job this year. Problem is, a lot of people were expecting a Kahlil Mack level player when he's not at that level of a player.

not by much? hes being paid as a top 5 defensive player in the entire league. they are on the hook for 27 million next year just for him. Hes not worth 27 million in any season on any planet, ever.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:46 AM 09-30-2019
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Pretty much my thoughts.

Khalil Mack went to a loaded defense that already had talent everywhere. Clark is on a team where the DT’s can’t stop the run, the LB’s and corners are suspect and a rookie Safety is taking his lumps.

Defense is a team effort. The whole unit has to play together.

Yes I know Mack still got sacks in Oakland, but there was a reason why. That guy got like 4 sacks in one game in Denver going against scrubs. I bet Clark will do the same against that shit OL i
Denver has.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:50 AM 09-30-2019
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I thought Arrowhead pride did a great job of ripping people like you last week. I am not making it about you. You are just a cry baby which everyone knows. And most would do better to take the opposite side of any take you offer.
I do ever so love those that hide behind the skirts of a byline.

Arrowhead Pride did exactly what you and others in this thread have done for the last 4 weeks - you've assigned a pre-determined cause to what you're looking at.

That article said one thing that y'all seized on and said it poorly at that. It didn't even define what 'running away from' Clark is. Does that mean a stretch zone that the RB takes a cutback on? It very easily could mean that and that has nothing to do with Frank Clark; that's simply seeing a cutback lane and taking it. And the Ravens did a TON of that in that game but they didn't do it because of Frank Clark, they did it because a cutback up the middle on a stretch read will always yield a nice gain if that cutback opens up.

Moreover, it still did nothing to speak to the causation/correlation problem. Clark spent the first part of the game primarily on the weak side of the formation and the QBs left. Meanwhile the Ravens run right because they HAVE to if they're going to sell the RPO action (can't do an RPO left with Lamar Jackson). So they 'ran away' from Clark by the natural design of their offense. Additionally, that's where the TE is (more blockers) and where Marshall Yanda is. There are 3 very obvious reasons why the Ravens would've run to the right side and 'away' from Clark, but none of them are 'because Frank Clark is a scary, scary man'.

He didn't address the fact that they were still running right when Clark moved to the left. He didn't establish his methodology. He did nothing to attempt to parse causation from correlation at all.

He picked a conclusion and stated that conclusion and then provided little in the way of supporting argument or evidence for it.

Meanwhile, we have the same tired excuse making about Clark in this thread about his double teams and chips. Most elite pass-rushers don't have a teammate as good as Chris Jones, lads. Most of them get MORE attention than Frank Clark is getting. God, to listen to you people tell it, nobody has ever gotten chipped but Frank Clark. I mean it's CHIP people - he doesn't have snipers shooting at his fucking knees.

And as I've been saying all along - he's getting a TON of single-teamed reps and does nothing with them. Remember in the Jags game when I said "uh, guys - this cat's getting handled 1v1 by Tight Ends..." and y'all insisted that it was impossible because he's clearly a stud. Fellas - he's STILL getting handled 1v1 by tight ends. And tackles. And anyone else.

He's playing like ass. Let Arrowhide Pride do (bad) work for you all you want, but if you'd be willing to view his performance with any kind of critical eye, you'd realize he's playing extremely poorly.
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:08 AM 09-30-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I do ever so love those that hide behind the skirts of a byline.

Arrowhead Pride did exactly what you and others in this thread have done for the last 4 weeks - you've assigned a pre-determined cause to what you're looking at.

That article said one thing that y'all seized on and said it poorly at that. It didn't even define what 'running away from' Clark is. Does that mean a stretch zone that the RB takes a cutback on? It very easily could mean that and that has nothing to do with Frank Clark; that's simply seeing a cutback lane and taking it. And the Ravens did a TON of that in that game but they didn't do it because of Frank Clark, they did it because a cutback up the middle on a stretch read will always yield a nice gain if that cutback opens up.

Moreover, it still did nothing to speak to the causation/correlation problem. Clark spent the first part of the game primarily on the weak side of the formation and the QBs left. Meanwhile the Ravens run right because they HAVE to if they're going to sell the RPO action (can't do an RPO left with Lamar Jackson). So they 'ran away' from Clark by the natural design of their offense. Additionally, that's where the TE is (more blockers) and where Marshall Yanda is. There are 3 very obvious reasons why the Ravens would've run to the right side and 'away' from Clark, but none of them are 'because Frank Clark is a scary, scary man'.

He didn't address the fact that they were still running right when Clark moved to the left. He didn't establish his methodology. He did nothing to attempt to parse causation from correlation at all.

He picked a conclusion and stated that conclusion and then provided little in the way of supporting argument or evidence for it.

Meanwhile, we have the same tired excuse making about Clark in this thread about his double teams and chips. Most elite pass-rushers don't have a teammate as good as Chris Jones, lads. Most of them get MORE attention than Frank Clark is getting. God, to listen to you people tell it, nobody has ever gotten chipped but Frank Clark. I mean it's CHIP people - he doesn't have snipers shooting at his ****ing knees.

And as I've been saying all along - he's getting a TON of single-teamed reps and does nothing with them. Remember in the Jags game when I said "uh, guys - this cat's getting handled 1v1 by Tight Ends..." and y'all insisted that it was impossible because he's clearly a stud. Fellas - he's STILL getting handled 1v1 by tight ends. And tackles. And anyone else.

He's playing like ass. Let Arrowhide Pride do (bad) work for you all you want, but if you'd be willing to view his performance with any kind of critical eye, you'd realize he's playing extremely poorly.
In the Ravens 1st 2 weeks they ran right 61% of the time. No one wants to touch that comment though. Also he's not just getting doubled teamed, he's now getting triple teamed!!!! If the guys at AP wanted to be more convincing about Frank being double teamed they could easily prove it. Just put a gif of all the plays in which he was double teamed, but they don't do that. They pick out 1 play that he was double teamed on (Usually not even an actual double team, because it's a 3-4 man rush, so a couple of lineman don't have anyone else to block) and then we get a gif of 1 or 2 plays in which he did well. Hell, sometimes those "good" plays are him whiffing on a tackle or a sack. I want this motherfucker to be elite, but he's not even close. He's pretty much Tyson Jackson.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:13 AM 09-30-2019
Originally Posted by Aspengc8:
Sounds like your not watching the games. Clark gets doubled/chipped/combo'd a ton, and sometimes they double clark and jones.
Jones gets easily as much attention as Clark, a fair amount more to my eyes, and continues to make an impact game in, game out.

Stop making excuses for this guy. He's one of the 5 highest paid defenders in the league and while he is drawing more focus than Ogbah, that doesn't make him worth anywhere close to what he's getting. Great players ALWAYS get attention and they're still great players.

If you're drawing attention and that attention is neutralizing you - you're just not a top-tier player. It doesn't mean you don't have a place on an NFL team, but it means you ain't worth anything resembling $20 million/season and a 1st and 2nd round pick.

In what world did getting chipped excuse a guy for being completely neutralized? Do you think Mack is left on an island? Do you think Houston was? Miller? Elite players draw that kind of attention all the time and still make a difference. Clark draws it and "well hey, he got chipped - that's a win no matter what happened, right?"

Unreal.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:20 AM 09-30-2019
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
In the Ravens 1st 2 weeks they ran right 61% of the time. No one wants to touch that comment though. Also he's not just getting doubled teamed, he's now getting triple teamed!!!! If the guys at AP wanted to be more convincing about Frank being double teamed they could easily prove it. Just put a gif of all the plays in which he was double teamed, but they don't do that. They pick out 1 play that he was double teamed on (Usually not even an actual double team, because it's a 3-4 man rush, so a couple of lineman don't have anyone else to block) and then we get a gif of 1 or 2 plays in which he did well. Hell, sometimes those "good" plays are him whiffing on a tackle or a sack. I want this motherfucker to be elite, but he's not even close. He's pretty much Tyson Jackson.
I hadn't seen that stat but yeah, that's largely the impression I got as well. From my seat and in real time I was thinking about 2/3 of their run plays started right (and many became cut-backs) (so I was a little high, but not much). And it didn't matter where Clark was when they were doing that - when he moved to the strong side, they kept running right. And of course that's what they did - again, they're an RPO team with a RH quarterback and an all-world RG. Duuuuuuuuuh.

Like you said, if they really wanted to make that argument well, it wouldn't have been hard provided that the evidence was there to do it. They didn't try to because they almost certainly couldn't. I did 'watch the games' and I guarantee I watched those plays more closely than anyone on this board because I was going to make a point of giving the dude a fair shake when I finally got to see him in person.

And from the stands he was worse than he has been on television.

And yet when some blogger tosses a throwaway line out there that states his conclusion as his supporting argument, I'm supposed to just turtle up and run home?

FFS, just how often should a player be run AT!? "Well he didn't get run at 50% of the time so he's clearly an elite run defender...."

C'mon.

It's just the excuse-making for this guy that drives me nuts.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:24 AM 09-30-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Pretty much my thoughts.

Khalil Mack went to a loaded defense that already had talent everywhere. Clark is on a team where the DT’s can’t stop the run, the LB’s and corners are suspect and a rookie Safety is taking his lumps.

Defense is a team effort. The whole unit has to play together.

Yes I know Mack still got sacks in Oakland, but there was a reason why. That guy got like 4 sacks in one game in Denver going against scrubs. I bet Clark will do the same against that shit OL i
Denver has.
Nnadi is an exceptional run stopper.

As for Jones and Williams - O.City (I think) mentioned Williams poor run support and I started talking about Jones weeks before your precious bloggers did.

Some of us here absolutely know what we're looking at. And what I'm looking at is Frank Clark being incredibly average.
[Reply]
Page 55 of 435
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965105155 > Last »
Up