ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 43 of 435
« First < 333940414243 444546475393143 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:59 PM 09-26-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
How? The chiefs in Sutton's years were on average the 14th ranked defense in opponent TOP and the 9th ranked defense in scoring defense. Last year was literally the only yeah Sutton didn't field a top 10 defense in at least one of those categories if not both. That wasn't good enough but this year it is? Which is it?

Those last 2 years they bad at run defense and was rightfully shitted on for it. But this year we're worse so far at run defense but some people excuse it as being part of the plan or some other bullshit.
I was one of the few people here that "defended" Sutton (well, that was the accusation at least).

I felt like the defense needed to be gutted, talent-wise, before ever considering a coaching change for the reason you stated above - when Sutton had good players, he had good - even great - defenses. Some of the best in Chiefs history to be exact.

That being said, we were having those discussions in YEAR SIX of Sutton's tenure, not week 3.

The Chiefs not only gutted the personnel, they turned over the entire coaching staff too. What more could they have done? To me, the only prudent course of action is to give them time to figure it out. There's no reason to declare failure at 3 games.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:13 PM 09-26-2019
The defense last year was awful but the defense in 2017 was ok and the ones before that were elite. Sutton has a better track record at DC than Spags actually. I understand that he got let go and support the move. But I'm not going to give Spags credit for the same shit I hated Sutton for. Hopefully we do get a lot better after players gel.
Okay, first I want to apologize for being a little, okay more than a little, sarcastic. I had to fly in some gross weather last night and I didn't get a lot of sleep this morning when I got home. My bad. Haven't my coffee yet either, but not a good excuse. So sorry about that.

And I don't want to get into the nitty gritty of what I think Spags is doing with the defense or defend every little thing that Frank Clark has been doing in it for the first three weeks of the season; I said I wasn't going to do that in an earlier post, and I still don't want to do that right now.

What I will say is that Spags doesn't seem concerned about Frank's production to this point. However, I will point out that in some interview I recently saw, Spags pointed out that running plays to Frank's side when he's on the field are averaging less than 2.2 yds/play. Which is really very good.

And Clark has said in an interview I saw on YT that he's still learning the defense, learning to trust the scheme and his teammates.

I'm not going to try to evaluate what that means, but just put it out there.

Again, I didn't really mean to be snarky.
[Reply]
Megatron96 09-26-2019, 02:15 PM
This message has been deleted by Megatron96. Reason: Double
T-post Tom 02:49 PM 09-26-2019
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Clark is a pass-rushing DE, does scheme matter?
3 games in ... Give it a minute. Clark has made an impact. Not every good effort from a 4-3 pass rushing DE results in a sack. They often make plays in other ways. And that applies to Clark. Still, when the Chiefs signed him, he had 17.5 sacks, 37 QB hits and four forced fumbles in his past 22 games. Nice stats. :-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:07 PM 09-26-2019
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Clark is a pass-rushing DE, does scheme matter?
My apologies to you as well.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 03:10 PM 09-26-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
My apologies to you as well.
You seem nice. :-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:16 PM 09-26-2019
Not really. But it was uncalled for.

In real life I’m consistently sarcastic. But the above was entirely due to lack of caffeine.

Oh you’re being sarcastic. Cool. I’ll catch on better once the coffee kicks in
[Reply]
saphojunkie 03:22 PM 09-26-2019
This thread was hastily put together and has not aged well.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 03:22 PM 09-26-2019
Fuck fantasy football and the pretend knowledge it gives clueless fools
[Reply]
-King- 03:28 PM 09-26-2019
I forget. How much time did we give Sutton to install his defense that was "ok" in 2017, and was categorically one of the worst defenses the world has ever seen last year? Three weeks?
Sutton's defense was #5 in pass defense the first yr he was here if that answers your question. His first 3 weeks the team allowed 11 points on average. Guess he's better at installing...
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:32 PM 09-26-2019
Maybe. How many starters were replaced right off the bat? How many starters had ever played in the NFL in the same type of system recently?
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:32 PM 09-26-2019
Sutton's defense was #5 in pass defense the first yr he was here if that answers your question. His first 3 weeks the team allowed 11 points on average. Guess he's better at installing...
That's why in week 3 of his first season, Bob's defense gave up 264 yards rushing to the Eagles?
[Reply]
staylor26 03:34 PM 09-26-2019
Lol yea that had nothing to do with having Hali, Houston, Poe, DJ, Berry etc.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:34 PM 09-26-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
That's why in week 3 of his first season, Bob's defense gave up 264 yards rushing to the Eagles?
Don’t tell me. Shady?
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:35 PM 09-26-2019
Don’t tell me. Shady?
That was part of it. They actually gave up 241 against the Bills a few weeks later. They finished the 2013 as the 26th-ranked rushing defense in YPA.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:38 PM 09-26-2019
At some point, I think we all have to be willing to put some of the blame at the feet of Andy Reid and decide what we're willing to put up with defensively in exchange for what he's done with the offense.

Like I said before, we all wanted change, whether it was a coaching change or player changes. We ended up getting BOTH. Time to let it play out. Week 3 doesn't seem like the best time to decide it's a failed experiment.
[Reply]
Page 43 of 435
« First < 333940414243 444546475393143 > Last »
Up