ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 54 of 70
« First < 4445051525354 5556575864 > Last »
Media Center>Star Trek Picard
Frazod 11:27 AM 06-20-2018
http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/star-...in-development

Star Trek: The Next Generation Reboot With Patrick Stewart Reportedly in Development

Rumors of the Picard-centric reboot come amid Alex Kurtzman extending his CBS contract for a planned expansion of the Star Trek TV universe.

According to a THR article, there are unconfirmed rumors that CBS TV Studios is developing a Star Trek reboot starring Patrick Stewart in which he would reprise his The Next Generation role as Captain Jean-Luc Picard. According to THR's sources, Alex Kurtzman and Akiva Goldsman are attached to the potential reboot. Not only is this an unconfirmed project, but THR's sources also say that the deal is far from complete and might not happen. Still, this would be huge news for Star Trek fandom—however you might feel about a Picard-centric reboot.

The rumors of the Picard reboot come amidst Kurtzman renewing his overall deal with CBS Television Studios, extending his contract by five years. This will keep him in partnership with the studio through 2023, for a reported $5 million per year.

Kurtzman was recently made sole showrunner of Star Trek: Discovery following the dismissal of previous co-showrunners Aaron Harberts and Gretchen Berg who left amidst reports of bullying behavior in the writers room. Goldsman, who served as an executive producer on Season 1 of Discovery, also left the show, reportedly due to a clash with the writing staff in terms of management style and personality, so it's interesting that he is still attached to the potential Picard-centric reboot.

In addition to his work on Star Trek: Discovery, Kurtzman's extended deal with CBS Television Studios will include an expansion of the Star Trek franchise on the small screen, including the development of new series, miniseries, and other content, including animation.

While this generally seems like good news for the Star Trek universe, it may also be disappointing, depending on what kind of Star Trek fan you are. While the move represents a reinvestment in the Star Trek TV universe, Kurtzman is not known for critical success. Previously, he has co-written the scripts for Transformers, Star Trek, Star Trek Into Darkness, and The Amazing Spider-Man 2. More recently, he directed and co-wrote The Mummy. Not exactly the kind of nuanced science fiction writing Star Trek has, at its best, historically represented.

More news on the expanded Star Trek TV universe as we hear it.
[Reply]
listopencil 02:16 PM 03-18-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Never gave a shit about Discovery or Pike's Big Gay Advetures or whatever else crap they came up with.
Do you mean Strange New Worlds? If you do watch it and you don't like it then you're not a Star Trek fan. Simple as that.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:25 PM 03-18-2023
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Do you mean Strange New Worlds? If you do watch it and you don't like it then you're not a Star Trek fan. Simple as that.
i'll give it a whirl but after 3 abrams movies i was really tired of them digging up the past
[Reply]
Bowser 03:05 PM 03-18-2023
i'll give it a whirl but after 3 abrams movies i was really tired of them digging up the past
It's definitely worth your time. It's the complete inverse of Discovery, but that really is a low bar to clear.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:03 PM 03-18-2023
SNW is pretty good. Feels a lot like the original series. They even echo the original in some episodes. Pretty much my favorite ST series right now. Cannot wait for S2
[Reply]
Frazod 05:01 PM 03-18-2023
Pike, Spock and the Enterprise were the only parts of Discovery that didn't completely suck balls. I tried to watch the third season and lasted about five minutes.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:03 PM 03-18-2023
Ethan Peck is an outstanding Spock.
[Reply]
Frazod 05:03 PM 03-18-2023
oh god

they're totally going to steal one of the old enterprises...and the end titles already have stuff in them that has been in the show, like picard disabling the safety protocols

Another throwback to Star Trek II was the way Intrepid's nacelle exploded. Very reminiscent of the way Reliant's nacelle got blasted in the Mutara Nebula battle. Both were the port nacelles as well.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:12 PM 03-18-2023
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Another throwback to Star Trek II was the way Intrepid's nacelle exploded. Very reminiscent of the way Reliant's nacelle got blasted in the Mutara Nebula battle. Both were the port nacelles as well.
Huh, nice catch. Right in front of my face and I didn't put two and two together. To Clay's thought - I thought I read some time back that the Enterprise-F was going to make an appearance at some point?

[Reply]
Frazod 05:13 PM 03-18-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Ethan Peck is an outstanding Spock.
It did take me a while to get used to him, but I'm all in now.

Especially in the last episode of SNW, where he basically channeled Nimoy.
[Reply]
Jamie 05:35 PM 03-18-2023
oh god

they're totally going to steal one of the old enterprises...and the end titles already have stuff in them that has been in the show, like picard disabling the safety protocols

There is one other thing, that was established to be in the fleet museum in an on-screen graphic in season 2...

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:19 PM 03-18-2023
:-) yes I read that on reddit somewhere. And tonight while driving, I had an epiphany.

Spoiler!

And if I'm right, anyone reading this thread who has advance knowledge of the script better not even HINT AT CONFIRMING THIS. NOT EVEN WITH A FUCKING EMOJI YOU HEAR ME?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:30 PM 03-18-2023
See Paramount, you can still be woke without the cringe.

[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:12 PM 03-18-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
SNW is pretty good. Feels a lot like the original series. They even echo the original in some episodes. Pretty much my favorite ST series right now. Cannot wait for S2
I really do think there is a good argument it had the best S1 of any Trek since the original series.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:20 AM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:
It's definitely worth your time. It's the complete inverse of Discovery, but that really is a low bar to clear.
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
This! I cant believe you haven't seen this. It's old school Trek. One episode at a time. Old school look but updated. The crew eocks and the captain is one of the best ever.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:25 AM 03-19-2023
Since they fired Kurtzman, we are not getting anymore Trek until at least 2026? You guys here that?

But, maybe Picard3 is better since Kurtzman got fired?

Someone else can take control. Trek is a way way wider universe than the Star Wars universe, Thousands od stories to be told, Disney and Faverau have shown you how to make entertaining shows in 2023 with these 40 year old properties.
[Reply]
Page 54 of 70
« First < 4445051525354 5556575864 > Last »
Up