ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 11
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Blowfish got Whacked
gblowfish 01:14 PM 02-04-2023
I lost my job yesterday.

Didn't really get "fired." More like laid off. They told me they couldn't afford to pay me any more, and end of February would be my last day.

I'm a free agent. If anybody here in the KC area could use a guy like me in customer service, or a work from home deal, I'm open to just about anything. I'd been with my employer for 16 years, and with my previous employer before that for 20. I've been in media manufacturing for 36 years. First time I've been unemployed since 1985. It's a little scary. Have no idea what I'll do next. But it's also kind of exciting, as I can go and do just about anything. I just hope it doesn't take a long time to get somebody to take a chance on me. If you guys have any leads for me, pm me for my cell or email to gblowfish@comcast.net. I've got a resume I can send you.

Thanks for the good mojo. I'm a little blue this weekend as you can imagine.

Mrs. B took me to dinner last night, then we saw "A Man Called Otto" with Tom Hanks. Geez...what a laugh riot. I haven't chuckled that much since I saw "Schindler's List!" I feel so much better now.
[Reply]
64chief 08:31 PM 02-04-2023
You are an excellent writer with a good perspective on the Chiefs. There are a number of Chiefs' sites where you would be a valuable contributor. Some might even pay you.
[Reply]
loochy 08:37 PM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
For most of my career my title has been Client Representative, or Executive Sales Associate or Sales Manager. In the glory days of CDs and DVDs I'd do six mill a year in sales. Nobody does anything close to that now. Most of my contemporaries have either retired, left for other industries or died. When I started with my lastest employer, we had six sales people and a group secretary. After laying me off, the company will have two employees. Two. So this was inevitable, but still after all those years hard to just walk away and do something else. But it's kind of exciting, because I can literally do whatever I want now if I get the right kind of offer.

Have you ever thought about selling cars?
[Reply]
ChiTown 08:40 PM 02-04-2023
Sorry to hear this, George. You are one of my favorite CP Peeps. Will be praying for you to get another (and better) opportunity. You’re a good egg, and employers would be foolish not to give you a shot.

Good luck, Brother!
[Reply]
Al Czervik 08:47 PM 02-04-2023
Sorry to hear that GB.....
Cant keep a good man down....
Something will come along shortly!
[Reply]
gblowfish 08:54 PM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by loochy:
Have you ever thought about selling cars?
Call BR-549!

[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 08:57 PM 02-04-2023
Maybe try to upgrade your skills on udemy by finding something you’re good at and then see what you can do. Try your hand at some freelance writing gigs. Over time that could be a lucrative gig.

You could do your 10 things writing again but only for those that sign up for your only fan’s account!
[Reply]
DenverChief 08:57 PM 02-04-2023
Do you or the Mrs have pretty feet and have you considered Only Fans? Asking for a friend :-)
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 08:59 PM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by DenverChief:
Do you or the Mrs have pretty feet and have you considered Only Fans? Asking for a friend :-)
That’s what I’m saying, do a live cam of her feet while George reads off ten things!
[Reply]
gblowfish 09:03 PM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
That’s what I’m saying, do a live cam of her feet while George reads off ten things!
That's out of the box thinking for sure...
[Reply]
RunKC 09:04 PM 02-04-2023
My dad was in this same situation. Of course my Mom worked but he did a low stress casual job as a new consultant for a home builder which didn’t pay much but was fine for 5 years while he waited for social security to hit (he took it late to get more bc he enjoyed the job).

Maybe getting something like that would be good
[Reply]
gblowfish 09:09 PM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
My dad was in this same situation. Of course my Mom worked but he did a low stress casual job as a new consultant for a home builder which didn’t pay much but was fine for 5 years while he waited for social security to hit (he took it late to get more bc he enjoyed the job).

Maybe getting something like that would be good
That's pretty much what I'm thinking. I worked in high pressure make a quota for The Man job for 30 plus years. The company I just got laid off from was bought out about ten years ago by a raging asshole in Lincoln, NE. He owned about 20 locations that did what we did nationwide. We'd have these conference calls (before Zoom) that were national "sales meetings." Basically they were giant johnson measuring contests. Show and tell. He'd pressure all the branches to sell more, because "I've bought a new Mercedes every year. Every single year. I'm not about to stop now. So perform, monkeys." Our local team bought the company back from him about five years ago. I'll never work for a Jabroni like that ever again.
[Reply]
gblowfish 09:21 PM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
George: welcome to Walmart, get your shit and get the hell out
It worked for the Mighty Quin. Maybe it would work for me too!
Attached: Quin-wal-mart.jpg (17.8 KB) 
[Reply]
RetiredSeniorChief 09:35 PM 02-04-2023
Don't be in such a hurry to go back to work, if you can. Enjoy life, go fishing and don't take the first thing that comes your way.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:39 PM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
Hey George sorry about the stress, but I love your attitude about change and opportunity! There are a number of job services that cater to older workers specifically. Here's a list from AARP. Best wishes!
https://www.aarp.org/work/job-search...ers-find-jobs/
It looks like he can write his own ticket as a nanny.
[Reply]
gblowfish 09:46 PM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
It looks like he can write his own ticket as a nanny.
I do a killer Fran Drescher impersonation.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 11
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up