ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 11
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Blowfish got Whacked
gblowfish 01:14 PM 02-04-2023
I lost my job yesterday.

Didn't really get "fired." More like laid off. They told me they couldn't afford to pay me any more, and end of February would be my last day.

I'm a free agent. If anybody here in the KC area could use a guy like me in customer service, or a work from home deal, I'm open to just about anything. I'd been with my employer for 16 years, and with my previous employer before that for 20. I've been in media manufacturing for 36 years. First time I've been unemployed since 1985. It's a little scary. Have no idea what I'll do next. But it's also kind of exciting, as I can go and do just about anything. I just hope it doesn't take a long time to get somebody to take a chance on me. If you guys have any leads for me, pm me for my cell or email to gblowfish@comcast.net. I've got a resume I can send you.

Thanks for the good mojo. I'm a little blue this weekend as you can imagine.

Mrs. B took me to dinner last night, then we saw "A Man Called Otto" with Tom Hanks. Geez...what a laugh riot. I haven't chuckled that much since I saw "Schindler's List!" I feel so much better now.
[Reply]
cabletech94 03:43 PM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
George: welcome to Walmart, get your shit and get the hell out
I was just gonna say something similar.
But in real life— my grandpa owned a restaurant in north central Missouri, ran it for 35 + years, sold it and retired. Within a year he went out and worked for Hardee’s for a few years until he “fully” retired.
No shame in my book, Blowfish you’ll land on your feet. Good luck brother!!
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 03:44 PM 02-04-2023
I hear manufacturing of methamphetamines is popular in Independence.
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:50 PM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
You have to be close to 65 and it seems you’ve worked in a professional field for close to 40 years. Retire.
Maybe he's immortal and so can never retire.
[Reply]
Eureka 03:52 PM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
I hear manufacturing of methamphetamines is popular in Independence.
Possible new career path for Blowfish?

[Reply]
displacedinMN 03:56 PM 02-04-2023
Holy Cow.

Experience Matters. There is something out there for you.
[Reply]
DaFace 03:59 PM 02-04-2023
Damn, sorry to hear that George. Hopefully you can find something great soon.
[Reply]
Monty 04:05 PM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
You'll land on your feet no doubt, gb

When one door closes, another opens
Same. This is an opportunity, so take advantage of it. :-)
[Reply]
kc rush 04:09 PM 02-04-2023
Good luck. Hoping I'm not in your position in the next few months.

Our company is taking steps to try to avoid layoffs, but we'll see where things end up.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 04:24 PM 02-04-2023
Start a YouTube channel about an old guy doing young people things for the first time.
[Reply]
Reroka 04:28 PM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
I lost my job yesterday.

Didn't really get "fired." More like laid off. They told me they couldn't afford to pay me any more, and end of February would be my last day.

I'm a free agent. If anybody here in the KC area could use a guy like me in customer service, or a work from home deal, I'm open to just about anything. I'd been with my employer for 16 years, and with my previous employer before that for 20. I've been in media manufacturing for 36 years. First time I've been unemployed since 1985. It's a little scary. Have no idea what I'll do next. But it's also kind of exciting, as I can go and do just about anything. I just hope it doesn't take a long time to get somebody to take a chance on me. If you guys have any leads for me, pm me for my cell or email to gblowfish@comcast.net. I've got a resume I can send you.

Thanks for the good mojo. I'm a little blue this weekend as you can imagine.

Mrs. B took me to dinner last night, then we saw "A Man Called Otto" with Tom Hanks. Geez...what a laugh riot. I haven't chuckled that much since I saw "Schindler's List!" I feel so much better now.

arise.com
orliveops

to least get some sort of income. All work from home.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 04:50 PM 02-04-2023
A practice retirement run! Which should be at least partially funded!
[Reply]
Kman34 04:56 PM 02-04-2023
Sorry to hear that Mr. Blowfish.. Things will work out for you..
[Reply]
notorious 04:56 PM 02-04-2023
Sorry brother.

Opportunity comes for the good. Keep your chin up.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 05:20 PM 02-04-2023
Well, that blows.
[Reply]
gblowfish 06:45 PM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by Spott:
Do you have a LinkedIn profile? That’s a good place to look for jobs and find recruiters.
Linked In, Indeed, lots of those sites. Got my resume updated on all of them already.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 11
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up