ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 10
« First < 45678 910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Tee Higgins Wants "Outrageous" Bag
Pitt Gorilla 11:28 PM 02-03-2023

Report: Bengals WR Tee Higgins "could be traded" for a top draft pick if the team can't reach an extension with him and the money he's asking for is "outrageous", per @TheAtlantic

Higgins is entering the final year of his rookie contract, and went over 1,000 back to back seasons pic.twitter.com/cW0bKNxKqO

— Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) February 3, 2023

[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 05:42 PM 02-04-2023
Dov Kleiman is a hack.
[Reply]
DRM08 05:58 PM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by irafreak:
We win either way. They blow up their defense to keep the offense in tact or weaken the offense to keep the defense bolstered. I hope they keep a top qb and 2 top wr on massive deals. Reid and mahomes will just outscore them.
I would definitely prefer to see the Cincy defense get worse. Need them to lose some defensive players and would not mind seeing the Cincy DC get hired to a head coaching spot. Arizona recently interviewed him and they like him enough for a second interview next week.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/...zona-cardinals
[Reply]
Red Dawg 06:09 PM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I agree so far it’s just speculation. I did see a Bengals fan recently mention that Higgins’ agent tends to play hardball and recently set a new salary record for a different receiver awhile back. All depends on how much of a discount Higgins is willing to give the Bengals if he really wants to stay.
Discount. I bet none. Wrs don't normally give discounts. Higgins is number 1 wr on most teams and he knows it. He will get Hill money from someone and it won't be them. Chase will demand highest paid.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 06:11 PM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Dov Kleiman is a hack.
He hates Mahomes.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 06:13 PM 02-04-2023
They should trade Chase and pay Higgins. They can get a bag of picks for him to replace what they lose. Easily 5 picks.
[Reply]
mkp785 06:14 PM 02-04-2023
I would definitely prefer to see the Cincy defense get worse. Need them to lose some defensive players and would not mind seeing the Cincy DC get hired to a head coaching spot. Arizona recently interviewed him and they like him enough for a second interview next week.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/...zona-cardinals
I'd rather Arizona hire EB....that way we get 2 third round picks.
[Reply]
tredadda 06:34 PM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
They should trade Chase and pay Higgins. They can get a bag of picks for him to replace what they lose. Easily 5 picks.
Not sure if you are serious on this. No non QB is worth 5 picks.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 07:03 PM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle View Post
I don't see how you get away with Mahomes making 45+ million, Chris Jones 30 million, and Brown Jr 20+ million without the roster taking a huge step backwards

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Changed your post for a little conjecture.
So if you do that, you will probably have one or two WR2s (if that) and a couple of more scrubs at WR. That will have to be carried by your QB. Or taking chances trading for injured players with upside like Toney.

And you will be relying on things like an aging Kelce, seventh round RBs, etc.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:57 PM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Originally Posted by Superturtle View Post
I don't see how you get away with Mahomes making 45+ million, Chris Jones 30 million, and Brown Jr 20+ million without the roster taking a huge step backwards

So if you do that, you will probably have one or two WR2s (if that) and a couple of more scrubs at WR. That will have to be carried by your QB. Or taking chances trading for injured players with upside like Toney.

And you will be relying on things like an aging Kelce, seventh round RBs, etc.
A TE like Kelce, or on that level, seems like such a steal because of what he produces vs what he is paid. A top TE and a couple of WR that are role players are definitely the best way to spend your cap dollars for production from receivers.
Drafting at the bottom of every round forces Veach and company to think outside the box. It also makes it very hard to get that top talent without taking some bigger risks.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 08:27 PM 02-04-2023
We should be thanking the Raiders for overpaying for Devante Adams or else we’d have given Tyreek a monster contract and would have some tough decisions to make at this time. That being said to quote the Wire, if you come after the king you better not miss. The Bills and Bengals took their shot and missed now they have to deal with the repercussions.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 08:32 PM 02-04-2023
I agree so far it’s just speculation. I did see a Bengals fan recently mention that Higgins’ agent tends to play hardball and recently set a new salary record for a different receiver awhile back. All depends on how much of a discount Higgins is willing to give the Bengals if he really wants to stay.
Same agent as Jesse Bates who wants a big ole top 5 safety type bag, which he won't get from the Bengals.

Tee has said he grew up a Bengals fan but that doesn't go as far as the green.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 08:35 PM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by ping2000:

[Reply]
In58men 08:37 PM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia:
He hates Mahomes.
He blocked me bc I called him out on his racist bullshit during the Hill dilemma.

He’s a piece of shit.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 08:43 PM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Higgins agent is David Mulugheta. Agent for Bates and also the agent for Watson and Ramsay. Makes a lot more sense now why the Bengals may just get the pick and move on early, this dude is about as ruthless as they come in getting his clients what they want, whether with the current team or getting them moved to somewhere else that'll give it to them.
I think the Bengals will sit down and talk to find out where Tee and his team is. If it's stupid money, like Bates, they'll just offer him around and get some picks in return.

They know the most important part of this offseason is getting that line right and protecting Burrow. They still have Chase, Boyd and Hurst and they'll draft a WR.

The formula is, as you all know, elite QB, Oline, at least one superstar receiver and a bunch of interchangeable RBs and lower WRs.

You have to be willing to let go of some good players, get picks in return, draft well and hit more than miss in FA. The last 2 years the Bengals have shown all of that except the letting a good player go for picks part.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 08:45 PM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:
One of the ways the Patriots were able to win so much was signing free agents for contracts less than could have been had elsewhere. It's time for the Chiefs to flex some of that muscle.
The Chiefs have the QB and the ring so they already have the drawing power. That's what the Bengals are striving for, the ring. They don't have that draw yet.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 10
« First < 45678 910 >
Up