ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 10
« First < 34567 8910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Tee Higgins Wants "Outrageous" Bag
Pitt Gorilla 11:28 PM 02-03-2023

Report: Bengals WR Tee Higgins "could be traded" for a top draft pick if the team can't reach an extension with him and the money he's asking for is "outrageous", per @TheAtlantic

Higgins is entering the final year of his rookie contract, and went over 1,000 back to back seasons pic.twitter.com/cW0bKNxKqO

— Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) February 3, 2023

[Reply]
T-post Tom 03:06 PM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by mkp785:
Yeah but he's still better than anyone in this draft. If you're the Pats and have bum Mac Jones throwing to scrubs. Eith all of Krafts money you don't make a move? Plus an rabid fanbase that isn't used to being terrible....why wouldn't you ship your first to the Bengals? Higgins would be the best player they had at WR since prime Randy Moss.

Giants need some help, though after that Kenny Golladay disaster they might be a little gun shy on FA WRs. Bears and Texans need help everywhere.
Patriots? If it brings the Bills misery, let it happen. :-)

[Reply]
mkp785 03:26 PM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
Patriots? If it brings the Bills misery, let it happen. :-)

If Aaron Rodgers goes to the Jets, I think there's a very good chance the Pats finish last...I also think Belicheat knows that and will make a move. That division might be a shark tank for the next few seasons lol...
[Reply]
jettio 03:38 PM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by wazu:
Guess you're right. Just seems like very few "hold out" scenarios happen anymore. Although that's probably a result of teams being more aggressive with either extending or trading players.
I think the player would do a "hold-in" go to camp and do less practice until a deal is done.

I think Bengals FO will defer to what Zac Taylor wants. If Taylor wants Higgins to be extended as Bengal, I think it happens.

Tyler Boyd being injured was huge factor in AFC championship. I think that game will make Taylor and Burrow say they have to keep their guys.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:41 PM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by jettio:
I think the player would do a "hold-in" go to camp and do less practice until a deal is done.
Yep. Phantom back injury like Jalen Ramsey until he's moved
[Reply]
jettio 03:45 PM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Yep. Phantom back injury like Jalen Ramsey until he's moved
I think with the new CBA, the player does not bother faking the injury.

New CBA makes contract holdout so punitive, that the custom now is "hold-in"

I think the only camp holdouts will be franchise tagged and not yet signed.
[Reply]
DaFace 03:57 PM 02-04-2023
I don't see how you get away with Burrow making 50+ million, Chase 30+ million, and Higgins 20+ million without the roster taking a huge step backwards.
You don't. If they did that, they'd be dooming themselves to having a shitty defense, at a minimum.

From a Chiefs fan perspective, these decisions can't come soon enough. We already went through the worst of our growing pains under Patrick. Now it's time for the Bills and Bengals to do the same and see if they can stay competitive or not. Time will tell.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 04:07 PM 02-04-2023
I don't see how you get away with Mahomes making 45+ million, Chris Jones 30 million, and Brown Jr 20+ million without the roster taking a huge step backward.
Changed your post for a little conjecture.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:15 PM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Changed your post for a little conjecture.
Not really. QB, WR, and WR isn't anywhere close to QB, DT, and LT when you're talking spending 100 million on 3 players, especially when the DT is a DPOTY candidate.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 04:22 PM 02-04-2023
Not really. QB, WR, and WR isn't anywhere close to QB, DT, and LT when you're talking spending 100 million on 3 players, especially when the DT is a DPOTY candidate.
That is true but either way, 3 players at those numbers are tough on the salary cap for the top 51.

Plus they have got 2 years before they have to extend Burrow and when they do it will still be 2026 before those numbers hit. Chase will not be until the year after that. Those guys both have 5th-year options that will be exercised. So there is a lot of time for those three.
We already where you are saying the roster gets tough. We have Mahomes there. Jones is almost there and will be going up next year. We are there with Brown Jr now as well.
[Reply]
kccrow 04:24 PM 02-04-2023
Exactly. QB, LT, and Pass Rusher (DT or ER doesn't matter) are the guys you expect to pay. Then you start looking at WR and CB usually.

Your post was perfect. You're going to have some trouble keeping OLine and DLine with two WRs at $50m and a QB at that too. Skimping on those is bad news.
[Reply]
Shields68 05:10 PM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Chiefs got a 1st for Hill. The Bengals will get a 1st for Higgins if they traded him this offseason.
Depends on if his contract demands are reasonable. I can see paying Hill as a top 3 wr. But if Higgins is pricing himself as a top 5 then tough to pay him and give a 1.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 05:15 PM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by J Diddy:
I once had sex with a sock. Then I threw it away.
And then Clay dated it.
[Reply]
mkp785 05:19 PM 02-04-2023
Higgins has yet to preform as a true #1 either. Chase gets the toughest assignments each week and the double teams. Higgins benefits off that. Not saying he's a bum but he needs to prove it.

Tyreek had proven to be a legit #1 WR week after week, year after year. They're not in the same boat. Bengals will still get a first for him, but that's it no extras on top of it like we got.
[Reply]
tredadda 05:20 PM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
That is true but either way, 3 players at those numbers are tough on the salary cap for the top 51.

Plus they have got 2 years before they have to extend Burrow and when they do it will still be 2026 before those numbers hit. Chase will not be until the year after that. Those guys both have 5th-year options that will be exercised. So there is a lot of time for those three.
We already where you are saying the roster gets tough. We have Mahomes there. Jones is almost there and will be going up next year. We are there with Brown Jr now as well.
Regardless of how they massage the cap, elite SB teams aren’t that way because they pay two WRs top 5 money along with their QB. Sure they could pay all three but that will be at the expense of other positions. It would create a short “win now” window at the risk of a potential big drop off once they have to start really paying them big money.

The Bengals best option is to trade Higgins for a high pick and use it along with the money savings to strengthen their OLine and adding pieces to their defense. Higgins is a luxury they no longer can afford now that they are about to have to pay Burrow.
[Reply]
tredadda 05:23 PM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by Shields68:
Depends on if his contract demands are reasonable. I can see paying Hill as a top 3 wr. But if Higgins is pricing himself as a top 5 then tough to pay him and give a 1.
To a point. I could see a team like the Texans, Bears, or another franchise like that doing it. If not a 1st, then their 2nd which is still high. They both have a ton of cap space and most likely the Texans go QB and could use a very good WR to pair with their rookie QB. The Bears could use him to give Fields another solid target.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 10
« First < 34567 8910 >
Up