ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 10
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tee Higgins Wants "Outrageous" Bag
Pitt Gorilla 11:28 PM 02-03-2023

Report: Bengals WR Tee Higgins "could be traded" for a top draft pick if the team can't reach an extension with him and the money he's asking for is "outrageous", per @TheAtlantic

Higgins is entering the final year of his rookie contract, and went over 1,000 back to back seasons pic.twitter.com/cW0bKNxKqO

— Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) February 3, 2023

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:10 AM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
Bills could already be there after failed all in:

But for the Bills to add the necessary pieces, they’ll need to create salary cap space. The NFL informed teams this week that the cap will be $224.8 million next season. This means the Bills need to reduce their cap hit by at least $20 million by the start of the league year at 4 p.m. on March 15, per projections from salary cap websites
And maybe why the nfl doesn’t seem eager to promote the chiefs. The bills window gets real tough real fast. The bengals have maybe 1-2 more years before the balloon pops but in the meantime they’ll start bleeding players to prep for it.

Meanwhile, the chiefs are going to the Super Bowl (and will win) in year 1 of the rebuild. All other teams are dipping and we are only going to get WAY better.
[Reply]
Reroka 08:14 AM 02-04-2023
Off him what Hill was offered. Never know, he might want to play with better QB for that amount of money. When he becomes a FA, but do not trade for him, our draft picks need to stay with us.
[Reply]
O.city 08:19 AM 02-04-2023
Who’s got a qb on a rookie deal that needs a good wr?

The bears maybe?
[Reply]
Papi 08:35 AM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Wait, how am I supposed to be reading the headline? Is it….

Bengals WR Tee Higgins "could be traded" for a top draft pick if the team can't reach an extension with him and if during the negotiation the money he's asking for is "outrageous"

Or…

Bengals WR Tee Higgins "could be traded" for a top draft pick if the team can't reach an extension with him, and by the way the money he's currently asking for is "outrageous"
Pretty sure it's the first one. Thread title fail.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 08:38 AM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
And maybe why the nfl doesn’t seem eager to promote the chiefs. The bills window gets real tough real fast. The bengals have maybe 1-2 more years before the balloon pops but in the meantime they’ll start bleeding players to prep for it.

Meanwhile, the chiefs are going to the Super Bowl (and will win) in year 1 of the rebuild. All other teams are dipping and we are only going to get WAY better.
I am falling down a bastard rabbit hole of it's rigged. The sports shows steer betting dollars of the too lazy to research (80+% of bets).
[Reply]
loochy 08:42 AM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by stevieray:
teehee
This pun is funny and under appreciated
[Reply]
Eleazar 08:48 AM 02-04-2023
Bring him in, use him to pound the Bangles for the next 5 years.

(yes I know it's not gonna happen. would be funny tho)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:50 AM 02-04-2023
Reads more to me like they're preparing for the possibility to trade him IF he demands an "outrageous" bag, not that he's already demanding it.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:55 AM 02-04-2023
Higgins agent is David Mulugheta. Agent for Bates and also the agent for Watson and Ramsay. Makes a lot more sense now why the Bengals may just get the pick and move on early, this dude is about as ruthless as they come in getting his clients what they want, whether with the current team or getting them moved to somewhere else that'll give it to them.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 08:56 AM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Reads more to me like they're preparing for the possibility to trade him IF he demands an "outrageous" bag, not that he's already demanding it.
Yeah, but you know he'll want the mega contract. NFL stands for not for long and these guys want to bank as much as possible in the short time they have in the league. I honestly can't blame them
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:07 AM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Higgins agent is David Mulugheta. Agent for Bates and also the agent for Watson and Ramsay. Makes a lot more sense now why the Bengals may just get the pick and move on early, this dude is about as ruthless as they come in getting his clients what they want, whether with the current team or getting them moved to somewhere else that'll give it to them.
Yeah... when they've got two other great ones besides Higgins, why wouldn't you take the pick(s)?
[Reply]
FringeNC 09:14 AM 02-04-2023
Paying a guy market salary AND giving up a first round draft choice doesn't usually work out well. If there is a team willing to do that, if you're the Bengals, you immediately pull the trigger.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 09:17 AM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Who’s got a qb on a rookie deal that needs a good wr?

The bears maybe?
The bears traded the 32nd overall pick to the Steelers for chase claypool. That trade isn’t looking very good for the bears at the moment.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:18 AM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I chatted with a (mostly) humble and polite Bengals fan a couple days ago. We were both on good terms. She said her favorite player was Tee Higgins, and I couldn't resist. I broke the ceasefire and said, "Not for long..."

She went ballistic. "That's a lie! You don't know what you're talking about! We've totally got enough to keep him!"

Then I had sex with her.

Note: It's possible I didn't actually have sex with her
Should have thrown in a Belize reference.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 09:29 AM 02-04-2023
One of the ways the Patriots were able to win so much was signing free agents for contracts less than could have been had elsewhere. It's time for the Chiefs to flex some of that muscle.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 10
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up