ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Nzoner's Game Room>How do you feel about the attempted laterals last week?
Dunerdr 07:48 PM 02-02-2023
Are we going to see more? Should we? Is this the next evolution?
[Reply]
raybec 4 02:35 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
We should just let supercomputers call the plays.
And Chad Henne should take all the 3rd and short snaps.
[Reply]
UK_Chief 02:56 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Agreed. Bring him on for a QB sneak or two
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:12 PM 02-03-2023
I loved it. If you can get to where the lateralee(?) knows where to be to get the ball, it's a great play that makes us that more difficult to defend. Of course, we ran the hell out of the option in HS, so it was always there.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 03:17 PM 02-03-2023
The Eagles should absolutely go for 2 at all times.

An average run team should arguably go for 2 at all times.

A Chiefs offense that’s insanely and perplexingly poor on short yardage situations absolutely shouldn’t go for 2 at all times.

That’s where these stats pumped out by BWillie’s supercomputer fail.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 03:23 PM 02-03-2023
If it works it's great, if it doesn't I hate it. Haha
[Reply]
penguinz 03:42 PM 02-03-2023
Keep doing it until it is no longer fun.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:11 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
We should use Mahomes, but since we won't ever QB sneak then yes it would likely yield better results than, you know being dead last on 3rd and short. The fact that for much of the year we used non-short yardage backs (CEH and McKinnon) in such spots also is an issue. Guys like Pacheco, Rojo or a fullback would be better in these situations.

Wish we could. Coaches make massive EPA mistakes almost every game.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:53 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:

Wish we could. Coaches make massive EPA mistakes almost every game.
Lol, and yet somehow poor old Andy is right about 80% of the time. Meanwhile, most of the 'metrix' coaches did nothing, except maybe get fired or didn't even make the playoffs, so . . . yeah, I'm good with Andy and Spags just using their brains, thanks.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 07:05 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by seamonster:
Smart play. Looked like the receiver had pulled the corner out of his zone and the linebacker had curled around to take down kelce. Had Kelce made a five yard toss it could have been a TD. Nobody around the running back.
There were lots of Bengals around him.

[Reply]
Chiefshrink 07:21 PM 02-03-2023
Ya know I really like them because most all the time when Andy does these plays they work. However, this particular play by Kelce did not look practiced AT ALL. Come to find out he was improvising and explains everything. There's only ONE MASTER IMPROVISER on this team and we all know who that is!!:-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:29 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by rfaulk34:
There were lots of Bengals around him.

Um, what's your definition of "around"?

The closest Bengal is about 7 yards away, moving towards Kelce not the sideline. The next closest is about 8 yards away and only a yard upfield, so non-factors as far as McKinnon's acceleration/speed is concerned. No other Bengal is less than 15 yards from McK.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 08:17 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Um, what's your definition of "around"?

The closest Bengal is about 7 yards away, moving towards Kelce not the sideline. The next closest is about 8 yards away and only a yard upfield, so non-factors as far as McKinnon's acceleration/speed is concerned. No other Bengal is less than 15 yards from McK.
The ball is half way between Kelce and McKinnon. By the time he touches it, CTB straight in front of him, 10 yards away, moving towards him. The other two close in towars the sideline as well and they're both closer than CTB.

If he catches it clean, he's probably somewhere around the 15 yd line before contact.
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:05 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by rfaulk34:
The ball is half way between Kelce and McKinnon. By the time he touches it, CTB straight in front of him, 10 yards away, moving towards him. The other two close in towars the sideline as well and they're both closer than CTB.

If he catches it clean, he's probably somewhere around the 15 yd line before contact.
that's like a 20 yard gain, and only if he doesn't juke the last defender and score. Which definitely would a possibility considering how slippery Jerrick can be in the open field.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:34 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Lol, and yet somehow poor old Andy is right about 80% of the time. Meanwhile, most of the 'metrix' coaches did nothing, except maybe get fired or didn't even make the playoffs, so . . . yeah, I'm good with Andy and Spags just using their brains, thanks.
There are certain decisions that are so obvious they should not even be left to coaches. Coaches value are teaching schemes, creating offensive and defensive architecture, working with players, film etc. It would be really refreshing for a coach to come along someday and admit he completely delegates decisions in high leverage situations and allows himself to be overriden when he attempts do make a decision that would yield a large projected EPA difference than the ideal decision.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 10:37 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Kelce said on his podcast he had another opportunity to do it later in the game to Gray and that’s when he actually should’ve done it as it would’ve gone for a TD. Was that the 4th quarter reception before the last punt?
That was my thinking too. I don’t think McKinnon would have done much with it but Gray could have. Given the situation (3rd and goal), it would have been great too. I think he just didn’t want to look foolish again.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up