ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>How do you feel about the attempted laterals last week?
Dunerdr 07:48 PM 02-02-2023
Are we going to see more? Should we? Is this the next evolution?
[Reply]
mlyonsd 08:32 PM 02-02-2023
The play was awesome if executed successfully. As it turned out I wish we had saved it for the SB.
[Reply]
Why Not? 08:38 PM 02-02-2023
How do you feel about the attempted laterals last week?

Poorly
[Reply]
ReynardMuldrake 08:42 PM 02-02-2023
I'm OK with the occasional hook and ladder play. Especially at the end of the half or right at the sideline where it goes out of bounds if the guy drops it.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:44 PM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by tk13:
Not sure if we'll ever see it, but that really would be the next frontier of football if someone got really aggressive. The same way some NBA teams play positionless basketball. Be able to field a team with 2-3 former QBs out there you could trust to run laterals, double passes, things like that. You'd be able to create some real matchup nightmares.
Whoa, slow down. Football coaches just started figuring out not going for it at the 40 is dumb. They still dont believe you should go for two early in games. Hold your horses. Slow progress is needed for football coaches. Baby steps. Too much will overwhelm them as it contradicts what they've always thought to be true.

The same way in the NBA. In 1980 they shot an avg of 2.0 3PT FGs per game. By 2000 it was 13.7. Now its 34.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:49 PM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Sure when it works it’s great. But what if the play breaks down? Travis has talked about why he doesn’t throw passes anymore. Because they designed a trick play for him and instead of throwing the ball away on a blown play he threw a meatball interception. This time around McKinnon was far far away but he wanted to try it anyway because he had it in his head that he could make it work. Travis is a lot of great things but he’s probably a liability in these situations where we ask him to do something besides receive and run. He doesn’t have the elite instincts he has as a receiver to shut his excitement down when he is determined to make something happen
There's a big difference when it's a designed play rather than some ad hoc acrobatics done out of structure. My point is that there could certainly be a time and place for this in a game that would really be explosive.

The beauty of this is that if the play breaks down it's likely just a simple completion and not some busted play like some HB pass out of wildcat.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:53 PM 02-02-2023
We should lateral on every play to confuse the defense when we don’t
[Reply]
Rasputin 09:02 PM 02-02-2023
I liked it. If it worked and went for a touchdown we'd all have to go to the hospital 4 hours later cuz the erection won't go away.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:09 PM 02-02-2023
I wasn’t a fan of it. I felt it was a a cutesy play and mistake against a team we can’t afford to make those against. Thankfully it didn’t backfire.
[Reply]
Spott 09:11 PM 02-02-2023
I only remember the one early in the game, but we were fortunate that it was recovered. Turns out that could have been the difference in the game if that went badly.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:16 PM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
There's a big difference when it's a designed play rather than some ad hoc acrobatics done out of structure. My point is that there could certainly be a time and place for this in a game that would really be explosive.

The beauty of this is that if the play breaks down it's likely just a simple completion and not some busted play like some HB pass out of wildcat.
Yeah there are plays like the hook and ladder where there’s less likelihood of breakdown. As long as it comes from Reid. I’m not at all against trick plays with kelce. I’m just pointing out that when the play does breakdown he can be a liability. If the pitch isn’t there can you trust him to eat it? Because we’ve seen on a few occasions that Travis in particular doesn’t like to give up on a play which is tremendous as a receiver but very scary when he plays the role of qb.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 11:16 PM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Mahomes was asked about completing a behind the back pass in a game... and he said 'maybe not the SB', but we all know that's code for doing it in the SB.

I suspect we'll see the snow globe huddle followed by a behind the back pass to Kelce, who laterals it to Toney down the sideline for a touchdown.

[Reply]
Sannyasi 11:26 PM 02-02-2023
I like the idea for the NFL but not for the Chiefs. We already have the #1 offense so we have the least to gain from this kind of risk. But some awful, shitty teams should be out there trying stuff like this. What the fuck do Broncos have to lose?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:28 PM 02-02-2023
I love it generally and I think it's probably the next evolution in football offensively for a team that can practice and execute it properly.

I don't think doing it for the first time in the AFC Championship was an appropriate time for it though.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:30 PM 02-02-2023
I liked the creativity. We only needed a little more accuracy and it would have been a big gainer. Plus, it makes defenses deal with more in their game planning.
[Reply]
irafreak 06:53 AM 02-03-2023
I'm cool with whatever kelce does. Even when he fumbled in the regular season Bengals game i just thought, that's a shame. Still the man kelce.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Up