ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 16
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Epic Super Bowl Eats 2023 - Whats Cooking?
Easy 6 07:39 PM 02-01-2023
How many of you are still brainstorming for food ideas?

How many of you already know whats sizzling?

And how many just don't care yet?

One of the very best things about this place, is how many great cooks and assorted foodies we have among us... so whats cooking for 57?
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:58 AM 02-03-2023
So I decided to go ahead and do a few racks of ribs for the big day.

Question: it’s obviously been a long time since I’ve been current on bbq sauces, so what’s your go-to signature KC BBQ sauce these days? I’m going to order a couple bottles for the occasion. Hit me with your best stuff!
[Reply]
Pablo 12:04 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:

Question: it’s obviously been a long time since I’ve been current on bbq sauces, so what’s your go-to signature KC BBQ sauce these days? I’m going to order a couple bottles for the occasion. Hit me with your best stuff!
Night of the Living Sauce if you like some heat. That’s always in my fridge.
[Reply]
Skyy God 12:07 PM 02-03-2023
Red Jell-O shots.

Sane as the last 2 playoff wins.

Wearing the same gear too.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:07 PM 02-03-2023

I love the chipotle bbq sauce from Q39
[Reply]
Scaga 12:09 PM 02-03-2023
Full blown taco bar
[Reply]
R Clark 12:23 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Night of the Living Sauce if you like some heat. That’s always in my fridge.
It’s the shit !
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:27 PM 02-03-2023

https://www.thekansascitybbqstore.co...=shopify_email

Order by 2/5 and get 15% off your order using code: Bowl23
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:29 PM 02-03-2023
Might as well go whole hog; what’s our favorite rib rub? I always went with either KC masterpiece or jack stacks since I moved away. Is three little pigs or Arthur Bryant’s better? Should I be checking out something different like Q39 or?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:15 PM 02-03-2023
Gonna try a kalua hog roast; digging a hole in the kids play area and gonna drop a 60 lb pig in it with some hot rocks.

Here's hoping. We tried it about 8 years ago and tended it in a snow/rain mix. Best we could figure the hog was about 80% cooked when the water got through and doused it. We just had too damn much moisture in the ground since it had snowed for a couple of days and accumulated, then turned to rain and warmed over night so we got rain and melting snow.

Whole Hog Stew doesn't work. So we wrapped that sucker in a tarp and tossed it in the nearest commercial dumpster we could find before we scrambled for carry out pulled pork.
[Reply]
Otter 01:21 PM 02-03-2023
Keeping it simple and going pizza and wings. My mind will not be in chef mode that day.
[Reply]
raybec 4 01:21 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Gonna try a kalua hog roast; digging a hole in the kids play area and gonna drop a 60 lb pig in it with some hot rocks.

Here's hoping. We tried it about 8 years ago and tended it in a snow/rain mix. Best we could figure the hog was about 80% cooked when the water got through and doused it. We just had too damn much moisture in the ground since it had snowed for a couple of days and accumulated, then turned to rain and warmed over night so we got rain and melting snow.

Whole Hog Stew doesn't work. So we wrapped that sucker in a tarp and tossed it in the nearest commercial dumpster we could find before we scrambled for carry out pulled pork.
We used to do a hog roast every year on the 4th. It's so damn good when it comes out right.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:25 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
We used to do a hog roast every year on the 4th. It's so damn good when it comes out right.
We tried about 4 years in a row with different methods and literally every one of them were screwed up in a different way.

There was the swamp hog, we had another year where the thing turned into a damn grease fire when we tried to build a pit above the ground (as soon as that fat started to render it unleashed a torrent of grease and we had 15 ft flames coming out the top of the pit) There was another year where we used a roasting box and the hog was done around 8:30 and another year where we did the above ground pit again and it just came out a little bland.

So then we started catering.

But dammit I WILL get this right someday. And it's gonna be next weekend...

Biggest problem I have right now is finding something to brine the hog in. Want to do it in a salt/apple juice mixture but I need a big trough and don't want to go buy one. I can't really think of a plan B though.

I thought about confiscating my daughter's bathtub for a couple days but I'm fairly certain my wife will put the kibosh on that idea...
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:34 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by :
(as soon as that fat started to render it unleashed a torrent of grease and we had 15 ft flames coming out the top of the pit)
:-)

Sorry, I shouldn't laugh, that would piss me right off as well, all that work and money. Just the visual...

Also lol at the thought of using the bathtub. "But this is the Superbowl dammit!"
[Reply]
raybec 4 01:34 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
We tried about 4 years in a row with different methods and literally every one of them were screwed up in a different way.

There was the swamp hog, we had another year where the thing turned into a damn grease fire when we tried to build a pit above the ground (as soon as that fat started to render it unleashed a torrent of grease and we had 15 ft flames coming out the top of the pit) There was another year where we used a roasting box and the hog was done around 8:30 and another year where we did the above ground pit again and it just came out a little bland.

So then we started catering.

But dammit I WILL get this right someday. And it's gonna be next weekend...

Biggest problem I have right now is finding something to brine the hog in. Want to do it in a salt/apple juice mixture but I need a big trough and don't want to go buy one. I can't really think of a plan B though.

I thought about confiscating my daughter's bathtub for a couple days but I'm fairly certain my wife will put the kibosh on that idea...
Wives have a funny way of not being part of the solution when it comes to stuff like that. :-)

We brined ours in a plastic stock tank
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 03:30 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I order KC Joe's at least once every playoff season... but, after doing so for both NYE and the AFCCG, might go a different direction (granted, there's leftovers in the freezer :-) ).
I've ordered Joes for each of the last two Super Bowl's, so going with it again. I think it's an every other time thing, so that should mean that this year it's going to work.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 16
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up