ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>FA DEs
Direckshun 08:28 AM 01-31-2023
https://walterfootball.com/freeagents2023DE.php

1. Marcus Davenport, DE, Saints. Age: 26.
Marcus Davenport logged nine sacks in 2021, but had just half of a sack this past year. Davenport played much better than that number indicates, however.

2. Zach Allen, DE/DT, Cardinals. Age: 26.
Zach Allen had always been a decent player, but he made a big leap in 2022. He was terrific, so he may get a big contract.

3. Brandon Graham, DE, Eagles. Age: 35.
Brandon Graham played just two games in 2021. He was sorely missed, yet he was able to return to the field this past year and dominate. The downside is that he's turning 35 this offseason, so there could be regression coming soon.

4. Yannick Ngakoue, DE, Colts. Age: 28.
Yannick Ngakoue wasn't quite himself last year because he was dealing with an injury, but he still logged 9.5 sacks.

5. Robert Quinn, DE, Eagles. Age: 33.
The Eagles traded for Robert Quinn, but didn't get much use out of him because of a knee injury. He's still a very talented edge rusher, though he just turned 33.

6. Jadeveon Clowney, DE, Browns. Age: 30.
There was some drama with Jadeveon Clowney being sent home by the team in the finale. Clowney is talented, but he's just been a mediocre-at-best producer.

7. Melvin Ingram, DE, Dolphins. Age: 34.
Melvin Ingram is slowing down now that he's in his mid-30s, but he's still a quality edge rusher. He recorded six sacks in 2022.

8. Trey Flowers, DE, Dolphins. Age: 30.
Trey Flowers was once known as a potent edge rusher, but he had a down 2021, then missed most of 2022 with an injury.

9. Clelin Ferrell, DE, Raiders. Age: 26.
Clelin Ferrell has been a huge bust as the former No. 4 overall pick, but perhaps he still has potential. He has totaled just 10 sacks in his career thus far.

10. Arden Key, DE, Jaguars. Age: 27.
Arden Key is a solid rotational pass rusher. He has accumulated 11 sacks in the past two seasons.

11. Shaq Lawson, DE, Bills. Age: 29.
Shaq Lawson is a solid, rotational pass rusher who accumulated 3.5 sacks last year.

12. Carlos Dunlap, DE, Chiefs. Age: 34.
Carlos Dunlap saw his sack total drop from 8.5 to four. That could be because he is now in his mid-30s.

13. John Cominsky, DE, Lions. Age: 27.
14. Dawuane Smoot, DE, Jaguars. Age: 28.
15. Charles Omenihu, DE, 49ers. Age: 26.
16. Kerry Hyder, DE, 49ers. Age: 32.
17. Steven Means, DE, Ravens. Age: 33.
18. Jason Pierre-Paul, DE, Ravens. Age: 34.
19. Andrew Van Ginkel, DE, Dolphins. Age: 28.
20. Morgan Fox, DE, Chargers. Age: 28.
21. Jordan Willis, DE, 49ers. Age: 28.
22. Kaden Elliss, DE, Saints. Age: 28.
23. Anthony Nelson, DE, Buccaneers. Age: 26.
24. Tyquan Lewis, DE, Colts. Age: 28.
25. Tarell Basham, DE, Titans. Age: 29.
26. William Gholston, DE, Buccaneers. Age: 32.
27. Rasheem Green, DE/DT, Texans. Age: 26.
28. Chase Winovich, DE, Browns. Age: 28.
29. DeMarcus Walker, DE/DT, Titans. Age: 28.
30. Austin Bryant, DE, Lions. Age: 26.
31. Carl Nassib, DE, Buccaneers. Age: 30.
32. Mario Edwards, DE, Titans. Age: 29.
33. Solomon Thomas, DE, Jets. Age: 27.
34. Dante Fowler, DE, Cowboys. Age: 29.
35. Efe Obada, DE, Redskins. Age: 31.
36. Tanoh Kpassagnon, DE/DT, Saints. Age: 29.
37. Vinny Curry, DE, Jets. Age: 35.
38. Isaac Rochell, DE, Raiders. Age: 28.
39. Stephen Weatherly, DE, Browns. Age: 29.
40. Ben Banogu, DE, Colts. Age: 27.
41. Tashawn Bower, DE, Raiders. Age: 28.
42. Darryl Johnson, DE, Seahawks. Age: 26.
43. Patrick O'Connor, DE, Buccaneers. Age: 29.
[Reply]
mkp785 01:28 PM 02-01-2023
For you OBJ guys, if you can get Evans, Juwan Taylor and re-sign Jones all for the cost of Orlando....that's an easy choice for me.
[Reply]
O.city 04:02 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by mkp785:
See, I think they'll 100% keep him as he's young. Now Evans seems like a possible move candidate. He's 30 and I think they can save some $$$ this year if they trade/cut him.
I don't know that Evans is really what kind of WR Andy likes here though, especially with his age. Maybe, but Godwin makes more sense to me.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 04:06 PM 02-01-2023
I can't wait to see the boards reaction to the Clark extension. It will be visceral even though it will likely be very little new money
[Reply]
O.city 04:08 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Nightfyre:
I can't wait to see the boards reaction to the Clark extension. It will be visceral even though it will likely be very little new money
There's just no way. I can't imagine an extension just can't no way.
[Reply]
mkp785 04:22 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
I don't know that Evans is really what kind of WR Andy likes here though, especially with his age. Maybe, but Godwin makes more sense to me.
You have think about this from the other team's view as well. They just signed Godwin last year, he did very well considering he was hurt for the 1st part of the season. He's young and now that Brady is gone he's the best player on offense.....why are they moving him?

Either they draft a dude or they try and get a Derrick Carr/Jimmy G. Whichever way they go, they'll need a 26 yr old pro bowl WR who is already signed long term. Unless we're giving them at least a 1st (which we wouldn't) they have no reason to trade Godwin.

He might actually be their best player on either side of the ball when you consider his age and how long WRs can typically play for.
[Reply]
O.city 04:23 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by mkp785:
You have think about this from the other team's view as well. They just signed Godwin last year, he did very well considering he was hurt for the 1st part of the season. He's young and now that Brady is gone he's the best player on offense.....why are they moving him?

Either they draft a dude or they try and get a Derrick Carr/Jimmy G. Whichever way they go, they'll need a 26 yr old pro bowl WR who is already signed long term. Unless we're giving them a 1st (which we wouldn't) they have no reason to trade Godwin.

He might actually be their best player on either side of the ball when you consider his age and how long WRs can typically play for.
They're 60 million over the cap. They are looking at tanking into getting a QB. They're pretty much fucked.

But you're probably right in this. I'd take Evans, for like a 5th.
[Reply]
O.city 08:42 AM 02-02-2023
Would you guys send this years 1 and next years 2 to the Panthers for Brian Burns?
[Reply]
kccrow 09:45 AM 02-02-2023
Would you guys send this years 1 and next years 2 to the Panthers for Brian Burns?
The Panthers are not trading Brian Burns, man. He's their only pass-rush option.
[Reply]
O.city 09:49 AM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
The Panthers are not trading Brian Burns, man. He's their only pass-rush option.
I don't "think" they will either, just curious if we'd be interested in that.

I figure they pretty much have to make him the highest paid DE in football at this point anyway.
[Reply]
kccrow 09:53 AM 02-02-2023
I don't "think" they will either, just curious if we'd be interested in that.

I figure they pretty much have to make him the highest paid DE in football at this point anyway.
I'm never interested in trading day 1 picks and then paying a player a top-of-market contract on top of it.

It's a terrible use of resources. One or the other is fine by me, but not both.

Case-in-point:

You could trade a 1 and 2 for Burns and pay him 140 million.

You could sign DaRon Payne to 100 million and draft a 1 and 2.

Edit: You could even use that 2 to move up in 1 for a DE and still sign Payne. It's just a better collection of talent than doing both for 1 guy.
[Reply]
Direckshun 10:15 AM 02-02-2023
What would you sign Frank Clark to?

I'd offer him $7m, maybe. I don't know if he'd take it, because some stupid franchise would be willing to fork over, like, $12m.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 11:16 AM 02-02-2023
I mean, just convert salary to signing bonus on an incentive laden extension. He'd be good depth at a tolerable price. He would basically serve as our Dunlap/Ingram at that point and would not inhibit the ability to add additional talent.
[Reply]
kccrow 11:20 AM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
What would you sign Frank Clark to?

I'd offer him $7m, maybe. I don't know if he'd take it, because some stupid franchise would be willing to fork over, like, $12m.
I'm right there with you. I've been working on my next round of Discount Kiper greatness and I have him reduced to $5.55m guaranteed with $1.275m in incentives (like this year) and $500k in workout bonus, which would bring his total potential earnings to $7.325m and net cap charge to 15.0m.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 11:22 AM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I'm right there with you. I've been working on my next round of Discount Kiper greatness and I have him reduced to $5.55m guaranteed with $1.275m in incentives (like this year) and $500k in workout bonus, which would bring his total potential earnings to $7.325m and net cap charge to 15.0m.
I like this plan but convert his 2023 salary to signing bonus for a three year extension and he is basically your Dunlap/Ingram replacement. Maybe throw a void year in for an even more palatable cap figure
[Reply]
JPH83 06:14 AM 02-04-2023
I want Okoronkwo. Guy has a 23% pass rush win rate and is fine against the run. He's been rotational but getting more and more snaps and looks primed to break out in a bigger role. Doesn't have eye popping box scores and seems there's little interest. I think he's both plausible and would be fantastic. He'd be my priority even before guys like Omenihu. I love Davenport but that type I see no way we can get, and the vets outside of a cheap Ingram hold no interest for me.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up